Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Let's play a game: as Covid-19 goes up what else will go up?

2»

Comments

• NarugNarug Member UncommonPosts: 756
    DMKano said:

As far as keeping hope - this virus is far too weak to doom humanity - so it will be just a bump on the road.

Look at China - after 2 months it's gone through most of the population and their cases have slowed down so much that there are more people coming in infected from abroad than local cases in China.

So it takes about 2 months for herd immunity to really slow this virus down - same will happen globally.

So hope is real in this case - covid-19 ain't shit in the big scheme of things, sure we have a months of things being less than great ahead of us - but we'll make it just fine
    This is my anxiety, my frustration.  

Up to 3.5 million economic victims vs 182k worldwide COVID-19 victims currently. (7k Fatal, 78k recovered)

US COVID-19 4.5k victims 85 fatalities 73 recovered

If you look at the chart the US is the 3rd least of cases on the list.

It just seems the reaction doesn't match what's going on.

An economic downturn due to the coronavirus would put an abrupt end to the longest-running expansion in U.S. history. If it were like an average recession, it would translate to a roughly 6% unemployment rate (given today's 3.5% rate, which is near 50-year lows).

That would mean about 3.5 million lost jobs, Wilcox said.

Personally I think Taiwan had the best response of any country.  

1. They educated their citizens 
    2. developed a command center years ago 
    3. isolated the sick & only isolated them/less mass closings. 
    (I think on this last one if you can find a link on something different let me know)

This feels like mass hysteria & is just too much at times man.

AC2 Player RIP Final Death Jan 31st 2017

Refugee of Auberean

Refugee of Dereth

• AAAMEOWAAAMEOW Member RarePosts: 1,605
    The amount of money I lost from stock market go up.