Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

E3 2020 Is Officially Canceled Due to Coronavirus Concerns

2»

Comments

• goozmaniagoozmania Member UncommonPosts: 333
    Instead of just handing out hand sanitizer at the door, and not letting people over 99.1 degrees into the event, give in to hysteria and tank the world economy. That's definitely a better idea.
    Tuor7maskedweasel
  • SneakyTomatoSneakyTomato Newbie CommonPosts: 2
    seldin said:

Tiller said:

crankked said:

Jesus, overreact much?

People need to stop fear-mongering this corona virus thing. It's not the black plague. The news media is portraying this as much more than it really is.

Hello random internet troll; nice of you to find your way here. Considering the World Health Organization declared it a pandemic I would say it's serous.

Do you even know what pandemic means?

Definition of pandemic (Entry 1 of 2): occurring over a wide geographic area and affecting an exceptionally high proportion of the population

pan·​dem·​ic | \ pan-ˈde-mik \
    Definition of pandemic (Entry 2 of 2): an outbreak of a disease that occurs over a wide geographic area and affects an exceptionally high proportion of the population : a pandemic outbreak of a disease

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/pandemic

Do you remember H1N1 (Swine flu) from 2009? It was a pandemic and it never got this amount of fear.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimates that swine flu infected nearly 61 million people in the United States and caused 12,469 deaths. Worldwide, up to 575,400 people died from pandemic swine flu.

https://www.verywellhealth.com/what-is-h1n1-swine-flu-770496

At this point the Corno

Global cases - Updated March 11, 6:00 PM

Confirmed - 125,985
    Fatal - 4,613
    Recovered - 67,051

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

I not saying that it shouldn't be taken serious and people shouldn't take precautions but there is no reason to be losing you mind yet. Most people would not even know they had it is it not supposed to much worse than the normal flu unless you are elderly or have preexisting illnesses.

80% of cases are mild
    Based on all 72,314 cases of COVID-19 confirmed, suspected, and asymptomatic cases in China as of February 11, a paper by the Chinese CCDC released on February 17 and published in the Chinese Journal of Epidemiology has found that:

80.9% of infections are mild (with flu-like symptoms) and can recover at home.
    13.8% are severe, developing severe diseases including pneumonia and shortness of breath.
    4.7% as critical and can include: respiratory failure, septic shock, and multi-organ failure.
    in about 2% of reported cases the virus is fatal.
    Risk of death increases the older you are.
    Relatively few cases are seen among children.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/coronavirus-symptoms/#mild

All i am saying is take a breathe relax. Take off the stupid mask that sick need to wear not the uninfected.
    I've just have to tell you that coronavirus is spreading fast and rapidly. It's on every continent besides Antarctica and it's affecting over 124 countries.

This link shows you a video in comparison to other epidemics, including swine flu, and it proves that coronavirus has been growing faster than any other recent epidemics. Though I do have to say one thing, the fatality rate is around 2%, so many don't have to worry about dying to this disease, and most infected have already recovered. Furthermore, with the help of scientists from around the world working together, and with modern technology now available, we can now find vaccines faster. One last thing, I agree with the fact that people wearing masks will not prevent them from getting sick, but it will prevent the sick from getting others sick.

Coronavirus is very contagious and is growing rapidly, but the fatality rate is not scary when compared to ebola, where ebola killed most of its victims. Nevertheless, Coronavirus is and should be considered an epidemic.
    kitarad
  • crankkedcrankked Member UncommonPosts: 284
    Let's all panic because a different strain of flu virus that kills 2% of people instead of the normal 1% of the people is being passed around.....good lord people get a grip.

More people are going to die from obesity this year than from corona.......should we close all fast food restaurants and shut down the food supply chain.....?

More people die in ONE day from drunk driving accidents than what will die in a week or more from corona............I guess stop selling liquor.....?

People need to stop being fear-mongered by the media.  I mean seriously I can't even buy toilet paper right now because some dumb fuckers in the media told all the sheeple to stock up on it.  The shelves at all stores are now barren......Toilet paper.....seriously.....who the hell needs an over abundance of toilet paper when they have the flu?  It's like the media is having a laugh at how they can make people do the dumbest things. 
    maskedweaselNarugNorseGod
  • SneakyTomatoSneakyTomato Newbie CommonPosts: 2
    edited March 14
    crankked said:
    Let's all panic because a different strain of flu virus that kills 2% of people instead of the normal 1% of the people is being passed around.....good lord people get a grip.

More people are going to die from obesity this year than from corona.......should we close all fast food restaurants and shut down the food supply chain.....?

More people die in ONE day from drunk driving accidents than what will die in a week or more from corona............I guess stop selling liquor.....?

People need to stop being fear-mongered by the media.  I mean seriously I can't even buy toilet paper right now because some dumb fuckers in the media told all the sheeple to stock up on it.  The shelves at all stores are now barren......Toilet paper.....seriously.....who the hell needs an over abundance of toilet paper when they have the flu?  It's like the media is having a laugh at how they can make people do the dumbest things. 

I agree with the whole bunch of other accidents you could die from, but you need to understand the real problem stands in hospitals. Hospitals are being overflowed up until the point where they can't take any more patients. This virus is spreading faster than any other epidemic we have seen in recent years. In over a month, with few precautions taken, the virus has spread to every continent besides Antarctica, and many other countries are being affected. This virus is not as deadly as other recent viruses, but it's growing too fast for hospitals to handle.

In short, we have to help hospitals by taking precautions so other severe cases can be handled. Like you said, there are many other ways we can be killed, but if hospitals are full, how and where can severe patients be treated.

Edit: I also agree with the toilet paper stocking issue. I think it's f***ing retarded.
  • NarugNarug Member UncommonPosts: 755
    edited March 14
    Edit: My joking/venting aside I forgot to stay somewhat on topic.....ever since E3 decided to cut out the "common folk" it's not held the same meaning IMO.

Isn't this just some A+ damn reasoning?

Time for some AA+ reasoning?

Post edited by Narug on
    NorseGod

AC2 Player RIP Final Death Jan 31st 2017

Refugee of Auberean

Refugee of Dereth

• NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,634
    Narug
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,299
    We all about to playing a hardcore MMO irl.

• NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,634
    crankked said:
      It's like the media is having a laugh at how they can make people do the dumbest things. 
    Reminds me of a /pol/ prank.
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/