Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Lowest Common Denominator Sucks Prunes

124»

Comments

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 6,707
    I thought this 13 minute video from Kinda Funny Games (Colin Was Right) sums up my thoughts on "The Lowest Common Denominator."

BabuinixScotAmarantharcheyaneCatibrie

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 14,881
    edited September 2020
    AlBQuirky said:
    I thought this 13 minute video from Kinda Funny Games (Colin Was Right) sums up my thoughts on "The Lowest Common Denominator."

Not sure you can call Pc and console core gaming when mobile makes more money and though mobile players come and go, mobile gaming is only going to have even more of an adverse effect in the future.

But he is wrong, issues such as LCD started way back, mobile is just the latest iteration of that issue. Games were getting dumbed down before mobile gaming started but he does nicely sum up how mobile has pushed us even further down this road.
    AlBQuirky

25 Agrees

You received 25 Agrees. You're posting some good content. Great!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Now Doesn't That Make You Feel All Warm And Fuzzy Inside? :P

• AmarantharAmaranthar Member EpicPosts: 4,387
    Scot said:
    AlBQuirky said:

Not sure you can call Pc and console core gaming when mobile makes more money and though mobile players come and go, mobile gaming is only going to have even more of an adverse effect in the future.

But he is wrong, issues such as LCD started way back, mobile is just the latest iteration of that issue. Games were getting dumbed down before mobile gaming started but he does nicely sum up how mobile has pushed us even further down this road.
    I don't know about your first comment. 
    People have already seen a clear distinction caused by Cash Shops. 

I agree with your second paragraph, completely. It was like a sinking ship, slowly at first, then the plunge to the bottom. 
    The problem is that the best MMORPGs are still stuck in that earlier, slowly sinking, stage. The stage that set up the move to rock bottom. 
    Controlled, predesigned content in a step ladder tier. 
    GdemamiScotAlBQuirky

Once upon a time....