Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dss and Settlers of Elyria.

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    There were "problems" which delayed the launch again, folks on Discord are hanging out waiting for an update today.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    Kyleran said:
    There were "problems" which delayed the launch again, folks on Discord are hanging out waiting for an update today.
    Isn't it too late for the EU folks again.. so at this point if they launched it, it would make yesterday's statement about delaying for EU an outright lie.

This is an utter shit show of incompetence.  Who in their right mind will give them money?

AnOldFart

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• goldboyy45goldboyy45 Member UncommonPosts: 301
    Kyleran said:
    Isn't it too late for the EU folks again.. so at this point if they launched it, it would make yesterday's statement about delaying for EU an outright lie.

This is an utter shit show of incompetence.  Who in their right mind will give them money?

looks like they did a soft launch for 10mins where ppl are reporting that they were able to make purchases.
    One poster had this to say,

"It was up for a few minutes, then shut back down to read only due to some errors. At least a few people making purchases, and having it error out after payment processed. I ended up double charged, but that's because I did it twice. I'm sure they'll get it worked out."

Clearly a SNAFU event.

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

edited March 2020
    Serpentius was in discord voice channel and he said "Well we have a new producer (AshKain) and he is very energetic and wants to get SoE in the hands of the players ASAP so we may still release SoE tonight (Friday)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So if you guys are wondering why in the world they said SoE is ready and wanted to release it ASAP without proper testing, you can blame AshKain. A lot of people thought Ash is breath of fresh air and what the studios needs, I think this debacle with SoE right now shows that SbS does not learn from their prior mistakes and instills no confidence whatsoever that they are capable of delivery anything. Shameful Ash, we thought you were different and what this studios needed.
    Serpentius was in discord voice channel and he said "Well we have a new producer (AshKain) and he is very energetic and wants to get SoE in the hands of the players ASAP so we may still release SoE tonight (Friday)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So if you guys are wondering why in the world they said SoE is ready and wanted to release it ASAP without proper testing, you can blame AshKain. A lot of people thought Ash is breath of fresh air and what the studios needs, I think this debacle with SoE right now shows that SbS does not learn from their prior mistakes and instills no confidence whatsoever that they are capable of delivery anything. Shameful Ash, we thought you were different and what this studios needed.
    But how does that mesh up with the bullshit line from yesterday that they were holding it for this morning so EU people didn't have to stay up?

Why does anyone believe anything these guys say?

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

But how does that mesh up with the bullshit line from yesterday that they were holding it for this morning so EU people didn't have to stay up?

Why does anyone believe anything these guys say?

They are rolling it out on Saturday...and when that doesn't work next week.
    Slapshot1188
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    I just............
    Aw fukkit never mind.
    I just............
    Aw fukkit never mind.
    There's nothing left to say....

I think maybe I hear a fat lady singing .....
    Deveron

Kyleran said:
    I just............
    Aw fukkit never mind.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say they still raise a shitload of money by selling more pixel land that doesn't exist to the same people that bought the previous $8M in "stuff". 

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Kyleran said:
    I just............
    Aw fukkit never mind.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say they still raise a shitload of money by selling more pixel land that doesn't exist to the same people that bought the previous $8M in "stuff". 
    first you hook them and then you just let the sunk cost fallacy keep the ball rolling for you... con 101. 
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

Iselin said:
    Kyleran said:
    I just............
    Aw fukkit never mind.

first you hook them and then you just let the sunk cost fallacy keep the ball rolling for you... con 101. 
    And kick it up a notch with some bizarre FOMO shit where "NPCs" are going to take that perfect spot of land if you don't get in there ASAP!

Iselin said:
    Kyleran said:
    I just............
    Aw fukkit never mind.

And kick it up a notch with some bizarre FOMO shit where "NPCs" are going to take that perfect spot of land if you don't get in there ASAP!

Finally a much needed win for the studios, after once again delaying Serp has stated that SoE will be going live this Saturday morning.

SerpentiusYesterday at 11:32 PM

@here Hey there Elyrians! We appreciate your patience, this was definitely a challenge! After wrangling the purchase check out issue a few of you encountered, we want to put the fix through its paces to ensure there are no outstanding gotchas. Currently we are planning on reconvening in the morning to test with extra scrutiny and relaunch shortly after that. See you then!
    Slapshot1188
    edited March 2020
    But is the auction actually up yet, here on Saturday evening,  doesn't appear to be.

Confirmed, still not up yet, but at 6:40PM ET Serp posted this in Discord when someone asked if it was going to be on Monday or later even.

"Not a Monday sort of thing, why else would we have been working feverishly for the last 8 hours to get this out on Saturday?"
    Post edited by Kyleran on

edited March 2020
    As of 7:15 pm ET people are confirming they are able to complete their purchases

You were right Slap, doesn't appear to have dampened their enthusiasm. 

• AnOldFartAnOldFart Member RarePosts: 562
    I'm interesting to see if people buy alot.

I decided a long time ago to spend nothing else on this project until they show actual progress on the main game not some park our crap 
  • DeveronDeveron Member UncommonPosts: 60
    Considering that any MMO essentially is “just” database and network code and they haven’t shown anything in that regard, except for failing network code of in comparison small scale web projects, I wouldn’t keep my hopes up they can deliver much of what was promised, if anything at all.

Well, they postponed release to an indefinite future date for a reason, I suppose. 
    I dont know whats sadder - them failing in so many aspects of project and company management or the fact that people are still buying it in spite of it all.

Either way this is very interesting to watch.
    I have been fairly disconnected from the goings-on over there recently as it really just got boring, but I did check the webstore and noticed they still haven't passed $8M.  I know they were pretty close before this "sale" fiasco started so at a minimum, folks haven't been rushing en masse to buy the silly virtual land stuff.  Maybe it because of the weekend.  Maybe it's because people have finally had enough of the circus.

We shall see.   Honestly, I will be surprised if this is how it ends.  I really thought they would milk another million + from this stupid event.

Well I see plenty of complaints about the new map...

And the prices are interesting, tells you $499 for example but then fails to mention you need a $90 package as well 
    AnOldFart said:
    Well I see plenty of complaints about the new map...

And the prices are interesting, tells you $499 for example but then fails to mention you need a $90 package as well 
    Apparently Caspien is kicking it up a notch and in now once again saying there will be HUNDREDS of thousands of players AT LAUNCH on his 4 servers (well maybe not OCE).  He said this before but then backtracked to 100k (which itself is a fairytale). 

So I guess he is expecting a million people to buy the game between now and launch.   Pretty optimistic view of the sale I guess.  Then again, I have not seen his Gantt Charts.

AnOldFart

The latest complaint by players is the "self-sustainabilty" rates for their land appears to have gone down for some reason despite SBS claims they changed nothing in this regards.

Some posters wisely saved screen shots when they first bought their land and clearly have dropped a notch or two at least.

One backer had screen shots between like Friday and Saturday and his dropped down a notch to one, the lowest value. 

One poster said there originally was a bug which overstated this factor but didnt mention when this was fixed.   Same person did muse players could probably expect to use purchased EP to improve self sustainability in the future.

Yeah.  I have seen posts by that guy. He was a really, really huge fan of the game.  Eventually, he realized that what they sold is not what he is getting.  This is just the latest, most blatant example.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Looks bad of course

i think it’s fair to say this is something that has never been down before though.

the original thought on game systems is what I love about this game. Only if, but I’m not sure it will be...
    Slapshot1188
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
    bcbully said:
    Looks bad of course

i think it’s fair to say this is something that has never been down before though.

the original thought on game systems is what I love about this game. Only if, but I’m not sure it will be...
    Seriously you still think what we are getting is what was originally pitched.... 
    At this point it's less about what was promised and more about what is possible for them to actually deliver.

AnOldFart