Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'm the bad guy, but

delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

With walls of information about Pantheon, you would think it's an accident that nothing is known about this game ?  Coincidence ?...... Impossible at the point.

It's a disservice to the people, unless there is no game ?

Read this:
<quote>
You do know the difference between zones and instances right?  The game is going to have zones similar I assume to what EQ1 had. The only instances they mentioned were something to do with quests. I not seen them show any instances in the streams yet but maybe I missed that.

Don't feel bad no one does.

- I assume
- the only instance they mentioned
- I not seen
- maybe I missed that 

An entire paragraph of guessing....... Isn't it amazing how we know nothing at all about this game.

- a HUGE news letter
- countless hours of video podcast
- countless hours of video group play
- 6 years of development
- millions spent on donations
- many groupies that watch and read everything that comes out of Visionary Realms 

I'll take the hit.  I'll be the one that throws myself on a grenade. I'll be the one that's the elephant in the room.
I could never pretend it's not happening.

Thousands of people are in a fog and it's OK for them.... Just walk around.  

I wouldn't be so aggressive but "millions are spent on donations".  It's arbitrary but Visionary Realms are borderline deceitful.....No let me change that,    THEY ARE DECEITFUL !     

It's exactly like this:

In our small town we have a used car salesman.  He only sells one car a month.  It's always a style that EVERYONE wants and they always look nice complete with a beautiful paint job.

Problem is potential customers are not allowed to sit in it, start it or look under the hood..... Infact customers have to stand twenty feet away and will only get the most basic questions answered.

Want to buy it ?

Post edited by delete5230 on

Comments

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    edited March 2020
    Deleted and added to OP,
    Sorry 
  • ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    You are high. 
    delete5230craftseeker
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Timukas said:
    This is getting out of hand lol.
    Naw, just business as usual for a Monday on MMORPG.com.
    bcbullydelete5230ScotNyghthowler

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• DafAtRandomDafAtRandom Member UncommonPosts: 124
    I haven't read a single word because even if I did I probably couldn't understand anything anyway.

Gotta love the irony of that one poster complaining about a game not being clear about their vision, where they are going or even what they are doing is the same guy that can't create a thread with any direction, vision or can't convey concisely where they're going with all those scrambled words.
    delete5230craftseeker
  • alyndalealyndale Member UncommonPosts: 936
    Delete you aren't the "bad guy". You are anxious about an mmo you truly want information about. I say relax, being nervous and thinking up monsters behind every rock will not motivate the folks at Pantheon to work faster-

Have patience with all things, But, first of all with yourself.

Saint Francis de Sales

SovrathKyleran

All I want is the truth
    Just gimme some truth
    John Lennon

• phoenixfire2phoenixfire2 Member UncommonPosts: 228
    In a fog?  Or maybe most people are just in a wait-and-see mode.  I'd like Pantheon to release and be successful but it makes not one iota of difference to my daily goings-on what's happening with Pantheon.  It's a distant blip on a crowded radar for me.  When it's finished, I'll play it without expectations and will enjoy it or not based on its merits at that time.
    Kyleran
  • TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115
    'I am the bad guy but...no game'

Same thing every week.

We get it, VR is scamming us all.
    Thanks Delete for reminding it to us every single day, how would we cope without your wise advice.
    AmatheSovrathdelete5230craftseeker
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    delete5230 said:

nothing is known about this game ?  

Nothing is known about Pantheon to you. You don't read the Pantheon website. You don't watch the podcasts and the streams. You don't read the Pantheon forums. You don't read the newsletters. You don't read the dev postings. You dismiss anything that others here try to tell you. You could even be play testing right now, but you're not. 

Just more whinging and attention seeking.
    SovrathKyleranLackingMMOMylan12TEKK3Ncraftseeker

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

edited March 2020
    Just for you @delete5230, how I imagine your thinking in these threads.

Amathe

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• LackingMMOLackingMMO Member RarePosts: 664
    So there is walls of information about the game, videos of the game and not just in one instance, multiple classes shown. screens whatnot. But yes there is no game.
  • skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,179
    "We have stated we will use Shards, similar to what VG had with APW, an open world clone of the same dungeon that anyone can enter but there may be 6 copies so 6 guilds can be in a different one each and not bother each other and any random person can enter any of the 6 shards at any time like you would in an open world.

For the record, we don't claim instancing is bad, it just doesn't suit our design philosophy or vision for our game."
    -Kilsin, 01 Mar 17
    Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

Kyleran said:
    Just for you @delete5230, how I imagine your thinking in these threads.

Love that movie "falling down",
    I love the part where he goes into the Army surplus store.

I have a little secret, I'm a lot like him. I work as a technician for the government and I even look like him..... so it's one of my best movies.

A little more about me and my post,
    I'm at my best when I wake up at 4 am before everyone else in the house.  Make my post, go to work and cringe when I come home in anticipation of the responses I may have after dinner around 6 when I read them....... Some times I don't have the guts after I think about what I posted, but end up reading them anyway :)

Remember the TV show "Mash"...... Their was a blind Koran Pilot that would strife the medical camp and never hit anything. They counted on him the same time every day.
    His name was Five O'clock Charlie..... I view myself as him. 

Hay, have fun with this  B)  
    Sensai
  • Mylan12Mylan12 Member UncommonPosts: 288

With walls of information about Pantheon, you would think it's an accident that nothing is known about this game ?  Coincidence ?...... Impossible at the point.

Read this:
    <quote>
    You do know the difference between zones and instances right?  The game is going to have zones similar I assume to what EQ1 had. The only instances they mentioned were something to do with quests. I not seen them show any instances in the streams yet but maybe I missed that.

- I assume
    - I not seen
    - maybe I missed that 

An entire paragraph of guessing....... Isn't it amazing how we know nothing at all about this game.

- a HUGE news letter
    - 6 years of development
    - many groupies that watch and read everything that comes out of Visionary Realms 

I'll take the hit.  I'll be the one that throws myself on a grenade. I'll be the one that's the elephant in the room.

I wouldn't be so aggressive but "millions are spent on donations".  It's arbitrary but Visionary Realms are borderline deceitful.....No let me change that,    THEY ARE DECEITFUL !     

It's exactly like this:

In our small town we have a used car salesman.  He only sells one car a month.  It's always a style that EVERYONE wants and they always look nice complete with a beautiful paint job.

Problem is potential customers are not allowed to sit in it, start it or look under the hood..... Infact customers have to stand twenty feet away and will only get the most basic questions answered.

Want to buy it ?

LOL
     So now they are like a used car salesman. So this is like traveling to the future. The game has been released and someone is trying to sell a used copy but they will not let anyone try out the used copy?

I don't see you lasting 5 minutes in a game like "early" Everquest so I don't really understand why you are so obsessed with Pantheon.

Mylan12 said:

Read this:
    <quote>

- I assume
    - I not seen
    - maybe I missed that 

- a HUGE news letter
    - 6 years of development

It's exactly like this:

Want to buy it ?

LOL
     So now they are like a used car salesman. So this is like traveling to the future. The game has been released and someone is trying to sell a used copy but they will not let anyone try out the used copy?

I don't see you lasting 5 minutes in a game like "early" Everquest so I don't really understand why you are so obsessed with Pantheon.

No, like deceitful used car salesman... LOL

Theirs also the possibility every thing made is Top Secret.

Highly unlikely !

Everything shown is far to amateur.  Everything written is far to vague.  Donations were taken way too soon.  Popular questions that would help revenue are gone unanswered. I can give several examples but I'll not, but I'll leave you with the largest question:

Is this a lobby game or open world ?.... If this game were even 30% started this would be easy to answer or shown without divulging anything Top Secret.

I always say.... Let them work, but work on what ?...... Face it, we know zero.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,823
    edited March 2020
    It is understandable that every step is not shown, progress is no doubt slow it is a CF game and that pace is what winds people up.

They could do a Star Citizen and keep doing videos every time they add a tree to the world. But such videos (and hiring actresses) costs a lot of money which I would prefer was spent on the game.
  • SandmanjwSandmanjw Member RarePosts: 526
    Op,
    I think i liked it better when you were over the top happy that they were making the game you wanted, and thought everyone wanted.

You are like a kid waiting on Christmas or a birthday. 

They know what you want but will i get what i want? Only issue is you can not shake the present yet and tell what is inside. 

Welcome to the world...the thing inside is never as good as your imagination. Just have to hope it is enough to be fun right?>
    Kyleran
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Sandmanjw said:

They know what you want but will i get what i want? 
    I can hear VR saying, "you'll put your eye out kid." 
    MendelKyleran

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• Mylan12Mylan12 Member UncommonPosts: 288
    Mylan12 said:

Read this:
    <quote>

- I assume
    - I not seen
    - maybe I missed that 

- a HUGE news letter
    - 6 years of development

It's exactly like this:

Want to buy it ?

LOL

No, like deceitful used car salesman... LOL

Theirs also the possibility every thing made is Top Secret.

Highly unlikely !

Everything shown is far to amateur.  Everything written is far to vague.  Donations were taken way too soon.  Popular questions that would help revenue are gone unanswered. I can give several examples but I'll not, but I'll leave you with the largest question:

Is this a lobby game or open world ?.... If this game were even 30% started this would be easy to answer or shown without divulging anything Top Secret.

I always say.... Let them work, but work on what ?...... Face it, we know zero.
    I know it a lost cause to even reply to this but if you would spend a small amount of time actually reading the information that is available you might actually know something about the game.
     Anyway the FAQ clearly state that this is an open world game. 
    We know a lot about what is planned for the game and what they are working on.
    The question is of course when and if it will ever be done and released.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

- a HUGE news letter
    - 6 years of development

Want to buy it ?

It's not a lobby game, they've already said that.
    Instances are, as far as we know, by group.

You can sit in it, if you wanted you could give a chunk of money and be a play tester. I wouldn't advise that unless you have money to burn.

Just pay attention to the monthly videos.

Here's one.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    edited March 2020
    Sovrath said:

- a HUGE news letter
    - 6 years of development

Want to buy it ?

You can sit in it, if you wanted you could give a chunk of money and be a play tester. I wouldn't advise that unless you have money to burn.

Here's one.

Ha..... think about what you typed:

First, It's not a lobby game, they already said that.
    Second, instances are, as far as we know, by group.

So you even stated it's NOT a lobby game, BUT IT'S A LOBBY GAME.

- I listed 6 statements, can I add this as 7 ?
    - The video says nothing but the standard fluff, can I add that as 8 ?
    - "I wouldn't advise that unless you have money to burn".... This shows mistrust by the general population..... Can I add that as 9?

It's amazing that your actually helping me out with my post when your trying not too :)

By typing "as far as we know"...... doesn't help matters.
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    This is getting tiring.

You could:

A. Pay a fair bit of cash and actually playtest the game
    B. Watch the countless videos showing literally everything you ask for
    C. Read dozens and dozens of articles about what is going on and be in the know
    D. Ignore all of the above and start running around like a headless chicken because “there is no information,” making thread after thread saying the same thing.

What will you choose?

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

edited March 2020
    lahnmir said:
    This is getting tiring.

You could:

A. Pay a fair bit of cash and actually playtest the game
    B. Watch the countless videos showing literally everything you ask for
    C. Read dozens and dozens of articles about what is going on and be in the know
    D. Ignore all of the above and start running around like a headless chicken because “there is no information,” making thread after thread saying the same thing.

What will you choose?

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Your replies are coming across in a bit of of white knight fashion... which is like chumming the water for those who live under the bridge.    >:)

I feel almost compelled to investigate / challenge claims which may not be wholly ... accurate.

Looking at your first point, which both you and @Sovrath have shared more than once, the message below has been posted on their web page for quite some time, well over a year to my best recollection. (I've been checking regularly, every few months or so)

Also there's been no evidence of any public announcement of Pre-Alpha testing activities as of late, which even CU does on a regular basis, despite also being under a strict NDA as well.

"Pre-Alpha sessions are on hiatius at this time awaiting the next phase of Pre-Alpha to begin. Please sign up for our newsletter to be the first to know when Pre-Alpha sessions will resume."

edited March 2020
    Sovrath said:

- a HUGE news letter
    - 6 years of development

Want to buy it ?

Here's one.

I'm actually going to watch this one. 

Edit: so I made about 3/4 of the way through before stopping.

I enjoyed the in game footage showing off a couple different areas, the Codex demo / explanation and seeing the four of them fighting together. 

I did not care for the in depth description of how their concept art was turned into the in game result but that's just me, I don't care to know how movies do their magic or how sausage is made.  :#

But the "idiot" in the knit hat, Cohh? I wanted to scream while he slowly read the quest text out loud.  Even the devs decided to shut him down when he continued to narrate the next quest line. 

Thanks for sharing, but their repeated qualifiers about the game being a pre alpha and in heavy development makes me think another 3 or more years until release might not be an unreasonable expectation.

Miles to go before they sleep. Cheers.

Initial snarky reply follows. 

Hopefully its going to be chock full with in game footage of the many great systems they've been talking about for so many years and not just a lot of "grup" blah speak.

I think the children in this clip well reflect how I feel about the nearly endless talking most of these indie ventures do instead of actually showing us their progress.

:D 
    Post edited by Kyleran on

• ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    edited March 2020
    If you’re going to change the definition of something to support your argument then yes, you win. Now you can rest easy knowing you will not like the game and finally, to the relief of everyone else here, get the fk off their nuts. 
    Sovrath