Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wolcen Patch 1.0.5.0 Includes a Lot of Bug Fixing

2»

Comments

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    cheyane said:

I am however thoroughly enjoying myself and I got so into Wolcen I brushed off my Demon Hunter in D3 too and it got some play time too. I also went back and played Grim Dawn, so I am currently in an ARPG nirvana of sorts.
    Funny you should say that. In the last couple of weeks I'v played a bit of D3, Grim Dawn, Wolcen, and just yesterday I loaded POE for the first time in a while.

ARPGs are both casual and complex at the same time: the fighting itself is simple enough that you can play them with half your attention, but the character building can be overwhelming when you dive down into the finer details. It's a good combination.
    cheyane
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779
    Iselin said:
    cheyane said:

I am however thoroughly enjoying myself and I got so into Wolcen I brushed off my Demon Hunter in D3 too and it got some play time too. I also went back and played Grim Dawn, so I am currently in an ARPG nirvana of sorts.
    Funny you should say that. In the last couple of weeks I'v played a bit of D3, Grim Dawn, Wolcen, and just yesterday I loaded POE for the first time in a while.

ARPGs are both casual and complex at the same time: the fighting itself is simple enough that you can play them with half your attention, but the character building can be overwhelming when you dive down into the finer details. It's a good combination.
    POE, the camera a is too damn close. Sadly, that's the deal breaker for me.
    Groqstrong
    MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
    Iselin said:
    cheyane said:

POE, the camera a is too damn close. Sadly, that's the deal breaker for me.
    They all have their good bits and annoyances.

A small thing I had forgotten about POE is their second to none help system. It's freaking outstanding with detailed explanations and even videos to demonstrate some things. Small stuff but top notch.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    I feel over time Wolcen too can achieve some of the complexity and build variance POE has since they have a good foundation. Their concern right now is bug fixing but given time they will introduce elements that make the game even more interesting. I am willing to wait.
    Chamber of Chains
    cheyane said:
    I feel over time Wolcen too can achieve some of the complexity and build variance POE has since they have a good foundation. Their concern right now is bug fixing but given time they will introduce elements that make the game even more interesting. I am willing to wait.
    I'm currently checking out a summoner build and the buffs they got in 1.06 definitely make them more viable. I got that character through the story campaign with ease and though it's still early (currently level 45) they're doing fine post campaign too.

But I had already unlocked the duplicate skill perk on my main so I used 2 Livor Mortis golems, one converted to a lightning mage and the other to a dual wielding shadow damage fighter. I'm just using those 2 + 3 archer zombies (hunting swarm) and that helps since the melee zombies are still too low in HP to be in the mob's face.

I occasionally need to re-summon archers in boss fights but my LMs only rarely die in any fight including bosses.

Their AI is still a bit wonky and it's confusing as hell how they interact with your passives (for example the passive that ups your own DPS based on how many different types of ailments you have stacked only counts ailments you inflict and not those your minions inflict) but they're certainly much better than pre 1.06

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED