Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who are your favorite video game characters?

CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
Could be any character, no matter how minor of a role they played, in any game. 

Can only choose 3.

1) Hwaorang, from Tekken series, those kicks were super sexy.

2) Sandman, from Mike Tyson's punch out, always reminded me of the Metallica song.

3) Geralt of Rivia, only because im lvl 15 in Witcher 3 and watched the show, probably recency bias. 
Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 

Comments

• LithuanianLithuanian Member UncommonPosts: 543
    1) Caleb from Blood. You know, this epic "I live agaaaaain!" and humour.

2) Vette from SWTOR, Sith Warrior sidekick.

3) any Dragon from Istaria.

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432
    1) Veronica Renata Santangelo Fallout New Vegas (The flippant Brotherhood of Steel Scribe)

2) Jolee Bindo Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 1 (The gray Jedi with "old man" common sense)

3) Riik Stormdancer Skyrim ( My Nord character who was a Dual wielding Dragonborn that used Stormcall shouts with his whirling blades, dancing most deadly-like in the rainstorms he summoned)

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    edited February 2020
    Tough question, even within the genre, let alone "in any game"...
    (btw. Lith, Aric is the best companion in SWTOR, hands down :) )

I'd say KG from TSW, April from TLJ (no surprise both are Ragnar's...), and for the last open spot there are a ton of candidates from the entire cast of TSW, of VtM: Bloodlines, of GTA, some other notable Ragnar characters from AO and Dreamfall etc.

But, to represent at least one from the "no matter how minor of a role they played" category, I'd say Lazlow from GTA :)  the best radio host/DJ in the whole GTA world.
    You never really interact with him, but he's an icon there, especially if your preferred radios are rock and public chat. (He's present in all the games since GTA 3.)
    ed: I know it's a bit odd, since he's a video game character, but also a real life guy and the character is based on him.
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    Oh I never forgot Captain Royo from Age of Conan

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,838
    Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
    The glorious Count Bastian Fayre

Trails in the Sky/Trails of Cold Steel
    Olivier Lenheim

Tales of Symphonia
    Zelos motherfuckin' Wilder

I think there's a bit of a trend here.
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    I am surprised to realize that I don't have a favorite - not even one.

I find most NPCs to be fairly wooden and unmemorable. 

TEKK3N

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432
    Amathe said:

Bioware and Obsidian used to do "party characters" (characters for a party RPG) well, in my opinion :)

Otherwise, I agree.

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115
    Amathe said:

Same boat. So many games played, yet never cared about any particular character.
  • iixviiiixiixviiiix Member RarePosts: 2,256
    Diablo 2 mr Cain , since he give me free services .