Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What the hell did you do to my website?

Comments

• velveetavelveeta Member UncommonPosts: 30
    i had over 10 years of game blogs on here.  the only real reason i was here was for the player blogs.  are those coming back or what?

promiscuous advocate of mischief - OMG, wotsda BFD??
    i take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe
    ogle the menagerie: http://www.freewebs.com/velveeta/, read the blog at https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

• TofkeTofke Member UncommonPosts: 342
    Damn, seems like another site became hot garbage with this fascination of mobile design or maybe there are only mobile designers left...

I mean just look how squished the forum is... for what? Garbage advertisements have more space than posts...

This site is just getting worse and worse with time.

My screen is mostly filled with other junk than the content I wanted... fucking hell what a shit experience we are getting on desktops these days.
    LeFantome
  • GorweGorwe Member EpicPosts: 6,567
    MikeB said:
    Ginaz said:
    This new format is hot garbage and I definitely won't be visiting as much anymore because of it.  Gunk.

What are your concerns with the new design?
    The why of it. Who thought "gee, let's rework old, proven website in lieu of...an unproven newbie"?
  • drakaiserdrakaiser Member UncommonPosts: 4
    'How do we become more modern?' ..... 'I know, lets buy a cheap-ass website template and throw all our stuff on it'... 'Brilliant everyone will love it'

*Immediately loses the unique element of their website and instantly puts off most of their audience.*

Guess it makes the adverts easier to implement now though right? 

:D 
  • majinantmajinant Member UncommonPosts: 418
    edited February 28
    The main reason I have used this site for the past several years was the games tab. Open it up and sorted by year of release and I could quickly find the neatest mmos to have been released. Cannot do that any more. This new UI sucks balls.

My last reason left to use this site is now gone. Goodbye mmorpg.com
    Post edited by majinant on
    bishop1405

• Dixi01Dixi01 Member UncommonPosts: 54
    edited February 23
    1. It's terribly slow loading and responding. Don't blame my PC. I have above average gaming rig, bought in 2019, with over 100Mbit/sec inet.
    2. New design really sicks :-(
    3. Right side panel on forums is absolutely useless and eats a lot of screen space.
    4. New forum editor also bad.
    5. I think this web site is quite popular because a lot of people used to visit it, unfortunately not because MMORPG games are so "hot theme" this year. And if readers like to visit a site, they are usually against major redesigns.

Can we have an option to see everything in old style, please? 

If no, I afraid I have to say good bye to this web site. Maybe you don't care about me, but I think I'm not alone.

• lurkingfuhrerlurkingfuhrer Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    i finally made an account last year after useing this for YEARS, this site is trash, i had to make sure i was on the right site, who in their tight mind thought this was a good idea... get your act togethter.
  • reslresl Newbie CommonPosts: 3
    From my point of view this website has lost all of its positive aspects that used to make me come back here every now and then and it has now became pretty much unusable. I visited it many times past last few years to browse the full list of available MMORPGs on one page. I was able to sort them the way I want and access all of the most important information about these games and whenever I wanted to have more information about the game I just had to click on its name. It did not need any changes, it was just great. Despite the old-looking layout it was very practical, now it isn't. I don't want to scroll x times or jump through x amout of pages to access the same amount of information that could be put on just one page. On desktop version this website looks like its made for mobile. My screen is almost 50% empty because of the unused space on left and right side of the website.
    Tofke
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 12,898
    edited February 28
    Still hoping they will implement a coloured highlight or the like for Editorials and Columns in the Articles list on the front page. These need to be picked out from cash shop/update news.

25 Agrees

You received 25 Agrees. You're posting some good content. Great!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Now Doesn't That Make You Feel All Warm And Fuzzy Inside? :P

• LeFantomeLeFantome Member RarePosts: 631
    Admins? Can we expect some changes or..

• shatred69shatred69 Member UncommonPosts: 1
    What the heck happend to this website? 
    What garbage dump designer has been at work here? jesus christ!!

I was always using this websites "games list" to show me all mmorpg's out there, together with their release dates and "state" either released/beta/or unreleased.

Right now, going to the games list will show me 10 results, and some random ass filters that are worthless.

I guess this is the end for this website for me, goodbye. Even tho I visited here at least twice a month for the past oh I don't know,
    8 years?
    tribaljedi
    shatred69 said:

I was always using this websites "games list" to show me all mmorpg's out there, together with their release dates and "state" either released/beta/or unreleased.

Right now, going to the games list will show me 10 results, and some random ass filters that are worthless.

I guess this is the end for this website for me, goodbye. Even tho I visited here at least twice a month for the past oh I don't know,
    8 years?
    You joined yesterday. Come on we are not credulous here.

25 Agrees

• OG_ZorvanOG_Zorvan Member EpicPosts: 2,180
    Scot said:
    shatred69 said:

8 years?
    He wouldn't have needed an account if all he was using was the games list as he said.
    bishop1405

MMORPG.COM took away my swinging cheerleader butt .gif.

OG_Zorvan said:
    Scot said:
    shatred69 said:

8 years?
    He wouldn't have needed an account if all he was using was the games list as he said.
    I am not saying it is impossible, just that you wait all these years then just post to complain?

25 Agrees

• seeyouspacec0wboyseeyouspacec0wboy Member UncommonPosts: 714
    Yeaahhh. I've been trying for a few weeks. I was already looking for a way to break my habit of coming here given the focus of the website no longer interests me, but now I don't even want to look at it or navigate it. Time to move on.

Originally posted by Scagweed22
    is it the graphics? the repetativenesses? i mean what is the point? you could be so much more productive in real life
    Real life brings repetition and pointlessness too. The only thing real life offers is Great graphics. Its kinda expensive too and way to dependent on the cash shop. Totally pay to win as well. No thank you. Ill stick to my games.

• valariavalaria Member UncommonPosts: 18
    I really, really hate the new site layout. I cannot find anything and it is NOT intuitive for me, total crap.
  • thepatriotthepatriot Member UncommonPosts: 284
    Hate the forum.  MMORPG.com is dead to me.
  • CicceroCiccero Member UncommonPosts: 183
    MikeB said:
    Ginaz said:
    This new format is hot garbage and I definitely won't be visiting as much anymore because of it.  Gunk.

The color scheme is horrid. The layout is unpleasant and everything is "mushed". It lacks color, has no flare. It looks horrible

Where is an option, like some sites use, to revert to the oldsite style ?

I mean, this is clunky and sterile, not at all appealing. With my game going  into final testing in a month I do not see a desire to use the site for discussions. Twitter.../facepalm, looks better than this current layout
  • LeFantomeLeFantome Member RarePosts: 631
    MikeB said:
    Ginaz said:

Are you going to do something about that ? Just asking here.

• OG_ZorvanOG_Zorvan Member EpicPosts: 2,180
    This would have been fine as a mobile only version of the site if you'd just left the desktop version alone.
    someforumguy

MMORPG.COM took away my swinging cheerleader butt .gif.

• KeladorKelador Member UncommonPosts: 96
    edited March 12
    The whole site is a mess the layout is massive and all over the place nothing lines up! and like I said each section is MASSIVE and mushed up so much so they have added tons of tabs here there and every so sections that used to be clearly visable are now burried... It looks like wordpress blog layout that has been poorly edited.

It so bad that every time you navigate anywhere you get a loading screen...

Guess I will not be visiting the site much anymore.

The old design was nice and clear had every section visable on the front page was fast and easy to navigate just looked better all round, bring that back.
  • someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,063
    I am also confused about this new design. I see more drawbacks then improvements over the old main page.

- Where is the fast full game list? The replacement is a nightmare to go through.
    - How do I find a specific game's forums without having to click many times?
    - Why is there such a waste of space on a desktop monitor? I can see how the main page works nice on mobile, and it is good to have that as option. But for a MMORPG website, it is kind of odd, considering most proper MMORPG's are PC/console domain.
    - Why so few recent forum posts listed?

I still visit this website out of habit. But most of the times since the change, I turn away just as quickly. Simply because it is too much of a hassle to get to where I want if I am not interested on whatever is listed on the frontpage.

Also, it is slow. 

I don't mind redesigns. It can be refreshing. But not if it's at the cost of usability. Usability > design. This is not some architect's company's website where you need to show your design skill.
  • IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751
    Whelp, I'm sure someone can tell when my last login date was on here.  I see that the site now reserves about 50% of the viewing screen to ads (and I'm on a wide screen monitor...) .  While I appreciate the site needs to generate revenue, it's the first time in a decade I've taken it off my list of daily visit sites.  I was hoping it'd be resolved.  So my time away continues.
  • DataDayDataDay Member UncommonPosts: 1,538
    This is what happens when they start to target mobile and tablet viewing. Other websites and forums have tried to do the same, only to result in a worse off user experience and loss of visitors.
  • AZdougnessAZdougness Member CommonPosts: 1
    My last time coming here for a while, I may check back in sometime in the future to see if you guys remove the ridiculous amount of add space and get back to a site that made y'all unique.

You are catering to a PC based demograph, remember that.... Not even listing the reasons why, they are already contributed in others' posts.

Bye.