Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What the hell did you do to my website?

OG_ZorvanOG_Zorvan Member EpicPosts: 2,128
Seriously. Someone get @Admin in here. Changing things so drastically without even pretending to value my input. How rude.

MMORPG.COM took away my swinging cheerleader butt .gif.

LeFantome

Comments

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 21,827
    edited February 18
    What I want to know is why they felt the need to scrunch the forum to only use about 730 pixels of width.  That makes a lot of sense if you're still running an 800x600 monitor, but looks completely dumb on anything newer than that.

The gray on gray lack of contrast when typing forum posts is also a problem.  You've got to get higher contrast than that, and preferably larger text, too.
    DAOWAceIceAgenecrolockcorvas
  • Rich84Rich84 Member UncommonPosts: 55
    its an eyesore, catering purely to mobile users I guess.

not like we need less of a reason to come to this site anymore lol.
    necrolocketlarcorvasGinaz
  • GorweGorwe Member EpicPosts: 6,493
    What happened to mmorpg.com and why did anyone think change was necessary?
    MendeletlarGinazimershon
  • cheyanecheyane Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    I was pretty jarred when I open my favourite site to say the least. The toxic orange though....

Image result for emoji vomit
    etlarkitaradLeFantome
  • DAOWAceDAOWAce Member UncommonPosts: 343
    edited February 18
    I can't even login on one browser (input forms disappear) and most of the buttons don't work. Can't quote or anything, can't search forums, can't do.. a lot.

Wanted to quote @Quizzical with this pic: https://i.imgur.com/oEMip0Q.jpg
    etlar
  • DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 22,496
    Donr really care but can we get the recent forum posts up top like on the legacy site please?
    Quizzical
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 2,414
    edited February 18
    I agree. This looks bad. The width is very small for this time and age. The colors are not eyes appealing, especially the "White" Theme, which is one of the worst i've seen.

Add that to the fact that you completely deleted photo comments and it only shows 12 max pages of photos, while i've like .. 18. You can still .. manually type in the address the number like : https://www.mmorpg.com/profile/iceage/tab/images/page/15 ( while 15 for exemple, doesn't show on the page numbers tab, under my photos ). 

Anyway, i had some very funny comments on my photos from back in the days, which 3 weeks ago, i've read them all since they are la 10 years old and I had some good laugh, memories and nostalgia.

The reason why i'm still using this site is because i've memories tied to this website and the games i've played by finding them here. Don't.. delete old things to ..add new ones. 

I believe the comments are still there in your DB, but the one working on the website didn't "call" them on the code. I really hope you'll do that .. at least.

PS: And change the font color in the Message Box. Grey background with a ..light grey font color, doesn't work good.
    etlar

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• MendelMendel Member EpicPosts: 3,708
    Lots of thing appear wrong to me.  The right side column is far too wide, and the top 'ad' is also far too big.  It also seems to bypass adblockers, at least the one I use.

I don't mind the color scheme, even if the orange is a bit too bright.  However, the font is awful.  And what is with the signature text actually being larger than the post text?  That's usually the least important part of a post, but it's taking up far too much space.

This looks like a change-for-change's sake.  I don't know that anyone was really clamoring for an updated site design.  Also, where and when was this tested?  Significant changes without external testing is a big no-no, especially for a UI change.

Most importantly, why is the Forums link buried at the very bottom of the main page?  I was thinking that MMORPG.com was taking themselves out of the forum business.  Frankly, that's the main 'selling point' of this site.

IceAge

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 2,988
    "DM Kano Said: Donr really care but can we get the recent forum posts up top like on the legacy site please?"

Can't quote properly atm. The recent forum activity is at the top though.
  • LeFantomeLeFantome Member RarePosts: 626
    WTF is this crap.
    IceAgeRich84etlarGorwe

• seeyouspacec0wboyseeyouspacec0wboy Member UncommonPosts: 714
    Whoa. In my 15 or so years here this is the first time I've hated a design change. It's especially bad for the forums. The text contrast when typing a post is definitely a problem, among other things people have commented on.
    etlarLeFantome

Originally posted by Scagweed22
    is it the graphics? the repetativenesses? i mean what is the point? you could be so much more productive in real life
    Real life brings repetition and pointlessness too. The only thing real life offers is Great graphics. Its kinda expensive too and way to dependent on the cash shop. Totally pay to win as well. No thank you. Ill stick to my games.

• LeFantomeLeFantome Member RarePosts: 626
    edited February 19
    Go back to  the old design as that one was perfect as it was.
    Post edited by LeFantome on
    etlar

• etlaretlar Member UncommonPosts: 785
    wow this is ugly, and small on my wide monitor, makes room for lots of adds. this site has gotten worse for some time, no real content or long articles/good interviews, mostly lots om spamming random irrelevant news from random korean games and whatnot. and now this, lots of room for adds. my whole screen is almost 1 fucking add now.
    the old design was much better, this is a mobile design, prebuilt now even custom made, so to speak, its made with templates only lol.
    wtf i have been coming here since 2004-05 and really, i feel like i want to delete my account, i dont even get my main mmorpg news here anymore anyways, because here it is just spamming random shit now.
    miss the old ppl and the old ways.
    this is really really a bad bad job. wtf
    LeFantomeimershon
    ALSO THERE IS NOW MORE THAN 370 COOKIES AND TRACKERS NOW, QHICH I CANT REMOVE, UNLESS I DOWNLOAD A PROGRAM SPECIFICALLY DESGINED TO TO THAT, AND THEN I MUST CLECK EACH COOKIE. WOW
    LeFantome
    sorry about the yelling and spelling, im just very frustrated over this
  • TalismanKhanTalismanKhan Member UncommonPosts: 4
    When something ain't broke, don't fix it!
    Absolutely hate hate hate this new website layout.
    Absolutely loved the old layout.
    MMORPG has gone the way of most mmo's. Changing so much that doesn't need changing until its basically broken!
    LeFantomeGinaz
  • DarkestOverlordDarkestOverlord Member UncommonPosts: 655
    Piece of shit site now !
    LeFantomeseeyouspacec0wboy

• seeyouspacec0wboyseeyouspacec0wboy Member UncommonPosts: 714
    Looks like the post creation contrast was fixed, great! While I'm here, may as well mention that none of the links for "play games now!" on the right work. They all go to 404 error pages. 

Originally posted by Scagweed22
    is it the graphics? the repetativenesses? i mean what is the point? you could be so much more productive in real life
    Real life brings repetition and pointlessness too. The only thing real life offers is Great graphics. Its kinda expensive too and way to dependent on the cash shop. Totally pay to win as well. No thank you. Ill stick to my games.

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,510
    Looks like the post creation contrast was fixed, great! While I'm here, may as well mention that none of the links for "play games now!" on the right work. They all go to 404 error pages. 

We're fixing that right now! Thanks.

Michael "MikeB" Bitton
    Community Manager
    Twitter: @eMikeB

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,225
    This new format is hot garbage and I definitely won't be visiting as much anymore because of it.  Gunk.
    LeFantomecorvas

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,510
    Ginaz said:
    This new format is hot garbage and I definitely won't be visiting as much anymore because of it.  Gunk.

What are your concerns with the new design?

Michael "MikeB" Bitton
    Community Manager
    Twitter: @eMikeB

• corvascorvas Member UncommonPosts: 151
    MikeB said:
    Ginaz said:

What are your concerns with the new design?
    well here is the short list:

1. new site is a pain to read both dark and light versions
    2. too long to load everytime i click a link
    3. to big fonts and web setup (for too low resolution monitors or mobile setup)
    4. Not one spot where you can see all new topics and vids etc. on one page
    5. The Commercials feels that they are half the page now, feels like more commercials then website.
    LeFantome
  • bishop1405bishop1405 Member UncommonPosts: 5
    edited February 20
    Been coming here for years just to dig around.  The new games list is a horrible pain to use.    It takes too long to look at games list.  Not enough per page.  The games used to be in a condensed format that was great to pop into and see what is good or if a game has launched.  This format is horrible.  You have too many games to use the current model and I refuse to dig through multiple pages.  I wont be using it.  What used to take a few minutes is easily more that half an hour.  Will check back from time to time, but you lost me on this update. 

Well...now I have to find somewhere else that doesn't suck.
    LeFantome
  • xDjevikxDjevik Member UncommonPosts: 10
    welp I wont be using this site anymore.. I liked the old version 1000% more.. they either give the option to use the old site or see ya
  • CaseaCasea Newbie CommonPosts: 16
    Thank you for this site. This is last time I'm here.

Mobile pages - total shit - unreadable.
    PC variant pages - horrible design. Unreadable, I have to scroll over pages to get same amount of information which I can get before this design shit.

Really THANK YOU to force me to find some other page with NORMAL, readable, friendly logical design.

NoxiasDarkestOverlordJimbobaus