Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Saga of Lucimia Talks Business Models In New YouTube Video

124»

Comments

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Kyleran said:
    kitarad said:
    Can a game these days survive on $15 a month? Is it enough to pay the team and other expenses?

I have no idea. It may not be and the developer realising it may not be is something he needs to address. He's doing that.
    I sincerely doubt it. Even WoW and FFXIV, the two flagships of Sub only MMOs also have a ton of microtransactions to increase their income. So if the initial promise really was "This will be sub only game, with nothing else to add further revenue", then that was either very naive of whoever promised it, or intentionally misleading.

I haven't followed this title closely, so I honestly couldn't say whether that promise was ever even a thing. It does look like it could be an interesting title though.
    Well, I believe Mark Jacob's originally promised CU would be a sub only game,  but he also promised to try and deliver it in two years or so.

I'll be surprised if his vow isn't broken before it's all over, in some ways his new plan to deliver a different game first kinda did.
    Ah, yeah.
    Granted, I never thought much of the delay, since I always assume all Kickstarter/Indie MMOs are going to miss their promised launch date by a mile.

I think this tiered subscription thing is going to be something that will be hard to pull off without going against their promises. I know FFXIV has it, but the extra money you put into retainers most definitely gives players a significant advantage. (a ton more bank space and significantly increased passive income)

Might as well go cash shop then if this will do the same thing. Essentially it'll still be "pay more for advantages". Maybe they can go with free respecs or some other thing that most people won't use that much anyway. Or extra pages to save character builds a la League of Legends...
    Kyleran

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• anemoanemo Member RarePosts: 1,903
    There are two more videos up ATM.   One showing some of the game environment, and one talking about love affairs with Crowd Control.  Not needing to worry about PvP, it does open up quite a few options for CC Love. 
    Kyleran

Practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent.

"At one point technology meant making tech that could get to the moon, now it means making tech that could get you a taxi."

• UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    DMKano said:
    Utinni said:
    Dudes in here saying ish like "$50 for an unfinished game!? whos gonna do that?" and I'm gonna spend that on 3 drinks and a small plate Friday. It's 2020 people, things cost money. 

Again with this flawed to the core argument. 

Spending $150 on a fancy dinner- yep.

Spending $60 bucks on a broken alpha with shite
    gameplay.. is an entirely different thing.

It is 2 entirely different scenarios

By this dumb argument paying $90 for a glass of tap water is perfectly fine because... its 2020 things cost money...

Please...
    Yea man! Comparing a fleeting experience where you get nothing of value(food) in the end to buying an unfinished game where you might get nothing in the end... is exactly like paying $90 for a glass of tap water! You nailed it man. 

Spending money supporting a local business and an indie studio is exactly like paying $90 for a glass of tap water!!

This is your style though. Make an outrageous comparison that really has no basis or relevance to try to make your own point seem intelligent. You call something "flawed to the core argument" but in reality you don't understand the argument. You only understand your negative point of view on everything.