Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Winners Announced for 23rd Annual DICE Awards - MMORPG.com News

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited February 2020 in News & Features Discussion

imageWinners Announced for 23rd Annual DICE Awards - MMORPG.com News

The winners for the 23rd Annual DICE Awards have been announced.

Read the full story here

Comments

• UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    All looks pretty standard. Don't know if I'd give jedi game adventure game of the year though.
    [Deleted User]
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    Very keen to know this 'untitled goose' game. 
    Chamber of Chains
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Nyctelios said:
    MK11 is so good is not even on EVO list. ffs.
    I think MK11 is great but I wouldn’t call it a seriously good fighting game, at all actually. Its great fun though.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    lahnmir said:
    Nyctelios said:
    I think MK11 is great but I wouldn’t call it a seriously good fighting game, at all actually. Its great fun though.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    It's definitely the most fun fighting game of last year. Especially considering it's one of the only fighting games to come out last year. Jump Force and DOA I think are the only other ones?
    Utinni said:
    lahnmir said:
    Nyctelios said:

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    It's definitely the most fun fighting game of last year. Especially considering it's one of the only fighting games to come out last year. Jump Force and DOA I think are the only other ones?
    Hmm good point, as good as 2018 was, so abysmal was 2019. We also had Kill la Kill, yeah....

I guess MK11 was best then, I stand corrected.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

• Siris23Siris23 Member UncommonPosts: 388

cheyane said:

Very keen to know this 'untitled goose' game. 

Behold the Glorious Goose :

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,838
    edited February 2020
    To me, 2019 was a poor year overall, but when it delivered, it really delivered.

Fire Emblem, DMC5, and Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order were my three favorites of the year (though I do need to catch up on releases like Astral Chain, Disco Elysium, and Luigi's Mansion 3).

2020 is off to a poor start. There's a lot of game's I'm really looking forward to, but we're basically in a dry period till March. In other words, it's backlog time.
    Aeander said:
    To me, 2019 was a poor year overall, but when it delivered, it really delivered.

Fire Emblem, DMC5, and Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order were my three favorites of the year (though I do need to catch up on releases like Astral Chain, Disco Elysium, and Luigi's Mansion 3).

2020 is off to a poor start. There's a lot of game's I'm really looking forward to, but we're basically in a dry period till March. In other words, it's backlog time.
    Rune Factory 4 Special is hitting Switch at the end of this month, don’t know if its your cup of tea but its brilliant. I started The Alliance Alive remaster om Switch two weeks ago, so far its great and somewhat overlooked.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

• 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    Someone should create MMORPG based on Control's combat and setting - or at least peer-to-peer multiplayer game like Red Dead Online or Warframe. It would be phenomenally fun.
    Ozmodan

Thank you for your time!

lahnmir said:
    Aeander said:

Rune Factory 4 Special is hitting Switch at the end of this month, don’t know if its your cup of tea but its brilliant. I started The Alliance Alive remaster om Switch two weeks ago, so far its great and somewhat overlooked.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

I think I'll be busy with my JRPG fix for long enough to pick that up on sale later. I'm currently playing through the entire Trails series (minus the unlocalized Crossbell arc). So that's a rather large commitment.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

lahnmir said:
    Aeander said:

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

Rune Factory is awesome! Alliance I played on 3DS, great fun.

Personally Animal Crossing and Doom release next month and much of my free time will go to them at release.

On a side note, as someone who voted, I am surprised Control won so much. 
    I did vote for Untitled Goose but not for GOTY (I went with Disco) 

I was really excited about Animal Crossing, until I learned that you can only have one island per Switch. Now only my wife is really excited about Animal Crossing....

Nice to see someone else who played Alliance, I think its incredibly underrated.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

lahnmir said:
    lahnmir said:
    Aeander said:

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

Rune Factory is awesome! Alliance I played on 3DS, great fun.

Personally Animal Crossing and Doom release next month and much of my free time will go to them at release.

On a side note, as someone who voted, I am surprised Control won so much. 
    I did vote for Untitled Goose but not for GOTY (I went with Disco) 

I was really excited about Animal Crossing, until I learned that you can only have one island per Switch. Now only my wife is really excited about Animal Crossing....

Nice to see someone else who played Alliance, I think its incredibly underrated.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Alliance has great combat and is really deep for the type of game it is. More people should experience it! Under-rated writing as well. 
    Definitely, the Suikoden influences in gameplay and writing should have been promoted more, its Yoshitaka Murayama ffs. The original release was badly timed though, same for the remaster.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I watched a streamer play the goose game a few weeks ago,it was a VERY cheap looking game.The object was to try and steal items from under the nose of a gardener and if caught would chase the goose to retrieve the items.Try and steal all the items and bring them back to a blanket that looked like some sort of picnic blanket.
    Basically looked like a game made by one person in maybe 3-4 months tops.
    Just another game awards that is all about sponsors and money.Nice advertising,we need a lot more advertising but i am sure there are a large number of people who will go out and buy these games...just because someone gave them an award.

The way i look at it is if a game is really good,we would already know it,if we need to just now find out about a game that si winning an award,then it is likely,VERY likely over rated
    OzmodanAeander

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    When they select Control as the action game of the year you immediately know the awards are a complete joke.
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030

Ozmodan said:

When they select Control as the action game of the year you immediately know the awards are a complete joke.

Compared to what exactly? I have a feeling you have no answer
    Wizardry said:
    I watched a streamer play the goose game a few weeks ago,it was a VERY cheap looking game.The object was to try and steal items from under the nose of a gardener and if caught would chase the goose to retrieve the items.Try and steal all the items and bring them back to a blanket that looked like some sort of picnic blanket.
    Basically looked like a game made by one person in maybe 3-4 months tops.
    Just another game awards that is all about sponsors and money.Nice advertising,we need a lot more advertising but i am sure there are a large number of people who will go out and buy these games...just because someone gave them an award.

The way i look at it is if a game is really good,we would already know it,if we need to just now find out about a game that si winning an award,then it is likely,VERY likely over rated
    Hey, I already knew about the game, it has been making lots of waves actually. I guess you aren’t as in touch with the gaming world as you think you are, you definitely would have known about it then.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Ozmodan said:

All you have to do is play Control.  The MOST disappointing game I have had the pleasure to play last year.  I don't have enough fingers to count the better action games from last year.
    Ozmodan said:

Ozmodan said:

All you have to do is play Control.  The MOST disappointing game I have had the pleasure to play last year.  I don't have enough fingers to count the better action games from last year.
    I just don't classify shooters as action games at all. They have their own genre already, and I would prefer that action game awards go to character action games (DMC, Bayonetta, NieR), beat em ups, etc.