Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warcraft Reforged

GorweGorwe Member EpicPosts: 6,489
What are your experiences with it?

I went to Metacritic, but it seems overrun with people who fell for marketing "promises".

Or is it really worth 3-4 / 10? Is it that bad or are people projecting for their lack of research and / or trigger happy purchases?
AlBQuirky

Comments

• CaffynatedCaffynated Member RarePosts: 649
    They only redid 1 cinematic. and a few maps. The rest is largely model/texture swaps. They're also claiming any map made in the editor as their IP so nobody can pull another DOTA, which means nobody is going to put in the effort to make another DOTA.
    GorweAlBQuirky
  • kertinkertin Member UncommonPosts: 238
    It's not coincidence game is already called Warcraft 3: Refund :wink:  I'm becoming huge Blizzard hater lately because it's impressive how much they are trying to f*** everything they touch, I so much hope Riot will make Blizzard bleed harder and harder
    And I'd like to see PoE 2 to be so superior to D4 but there are still so many hardcore Blizz fans, shame
    AxxarGdemami
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,008
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 13,562
    They thought we wanted it but we don't.
    blueturtle13GutlardXarkolaserit
    “Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

"... the "influencers" which is the tech name we call sell outs now..."
    __ Wizardry, 2020
  • GorweGorwe Member EpicPosts: 6,489
    edited January 29
    They only redid 1 cinematic. and a few maps. The rest is largely model/texture swaps. They're also claiming any map made in the editor as their IP so nobody can pull another DOTA, which means nobody is going to put in the effort to make another DOTA.
    But, honestly, why did people expect anything else? I fully expect(ed) it to be like Starcraft Remaster, I probably wouldn't be disappointed.

Now, claiming the IP, disabling custom campaigns and other general buggyness...yeah, sure, blame them for that, some of that is just petty.

How's the game compared to base Warcraft 3 + TFT?
  • boris20boris20 Member UncommonPosts: 366
    I was considering picking this up, thinking it would be a fresh spin on a tried and true RTS. After reading the blizz forums I have opted to save my cash. From what I have gathered its nothing more then a few updated textures, and won't have the fun mods I enjoyed from the original. I really was hoping with the remaster there would be more wiggle room for modders to make some cool new stuff in more modern graphics and mechanics. 
  • PemminPemmin Member UncommonPosts: 623
    um I thought id never say this....but...could blizzard not remaster diablo 2
  • ArteriusArterius Member EpicPosts: 2,693
    How do you mess up a remaster?

Though I do understand them wanting to own the assets. I mean of course they don't want another Dota 2.
    AlBQuirky
    Currently playing: Witcher 3 (Xbox One X), TemTem

Currently Reading: Oathbringer (Stormlight Archive Book 3)

Currently Writing: Champions of Legend Book 1 (2nd Draft)

• ananitananit Member RarePosts: 292
    no player profiles, no clans, no ladder (wtf), awful performances and that's just the tip of the iceberg.
    what a shame ...
    Well, if it's THAT BAD, I could just see what Theros has to offer. I hear it's lovely in Nyx this time of the year. ;)

I mean, I don't even care about multiplayer(pretty much), but I hear that they also messed up the textures, custom maps etc. I wanted to play EleTD or EoTA or XAoS or SWAT: Aftermath in full Reforged glory. But it seems to be a very distant pipe dream at this point.

Wouldn't mind Diablo 2 HD, but we've already got Median(as a full revamp), Skiller(to get vanilla skills more interesting) and that HD mod Rhykker mentioned. Do we even need a Remaster at this point?
  • CaffynatedCaffynated Member RarePosts: 649
    Arterius said:
    How do you mess up a remaster?

Though I do understand them wanting to own the assets. I mean of course they don't want another Dota 2.
    Why wouldn't they want another DOTA? That map sold boxes for them as people bought WC3 just the play DOTA. Much like people bought ARMA2 solely to play Day Z. Nobody is going to put the time into a map like that if Blizz can just steal it for themselves. 

Gorwe said:
    But, honestly, why did people expect anything else? I fully expect(ed) it to be like Starcraft Remaster, I probably wouldn't be disappointed.

Now, claiming the IP, disabling custom campaigns and other general buggyness...yeah, sure, blame them for that, some of that is just petty.

How's the game compared to base Warcraft 3 + TFT?

It is WC3 HD + TFT + Bugs for the most part. Not much changed as they wanted to keep it backward compatible for mutliplayer between Reforged and classic clients. 

AlBQuirky
  • WalkinGlennWalkinGlenn Member UncommonPosts: 349
    How quickly people forget Blizzard letting the CCP enter their back door goatse style. Didn't give'em my money cause of that and I'm glad i didn't. 
    Gdemami
  • GroqstrongGroqstrong Member RarePosts: 455
    Guys the Blizzard of old is long gone.  I don't know how many times they are going to shoot themselves in the foot.
    DarkpigeonnewbismxAlBQuirky
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 2,972

AlBQuirkyNarug

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

• Saingess34Saingess34 Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    im certainly gonna try it, always loved warcraft games
  • HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,161
    Campaign has been fine for me...the versus is bugged.
    AlBQuirky
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 2,972

Axxar

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 5,283
    Honestly, Diablo 4 and any potential Diablo 2 Remastered just went from must buy to "wait for substantial positive press."

Modern Blizzard has demonstrated an impressive level of incompetence. This pathetic failure of a remaster is the peak of that. I now hold them in the same cautious regard that I hold Bioware. 
    jimmywolfAxxar
    Aeander said:
    Honestly, Diablo 4 and any potential Diablo 2 Remastered just went from must buy to "wait for substantial positive press."

Modern Blizzard has demonstrated an impressive level of incompetence. This pathetic failure of a remaster is the peak of that. I now hold them in the same cautious regard that I hold Bioware. 
    It's different, but the result is the same. Bioware is failing mostly because it doesn't want to fend for itself(and its IPs), so it gets ravaged by EA. Blizzard, otoh, is merely chasing the almighty profit margin, just like its partner company. Thus they outsource, delegate etc.

To quote Total Warhammer Goblins: "This stinks!". That's all.
    Wait...they KILLED TFT for this? For real?
  • DarkestOverlordDarkestOverlord Member UncommonPosts: 611
    Har hAR war3 sucks :p

Happy i dident waste money on blizzard refundet

What is this I hear? I heard that they disabled vs AI custom games.

...please tell me I got something wrong. That I'm stupid or whatever, because if they really did disable vs AI...that's INSANE!
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 3,175
    Gorwe said:
    What is this I hear? I heard that they disabled vs AI custom games.

...please tell me I got something wrong. That I'm stupid or whatever, because if they really did disable vs AI...that's INSANE!
    Yup, and with 16000+ people on Metacritic rating this gem an all time, record breaking, low of 0.5 lets see what they are going to do to fix this. 

They completely broke the original W3 with this, retconned the EULA, disabled half of the original features in the new AND old client and things they did actually show and promise (dynamic camera angles during cutscenes for instance) are not in the final version. What they released is, literally, not what they have shown the public.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    laseritGdemami
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 2,387
    edited February 2
    I call the ones who are against Reforged, bunch of spoiled kids ( or mature kids ).

The only ..bad things currently happening is the no profile, no ladder and no custom campaign features, which I'm sure they will added them.

Other then that, game is exactly like the original with better graphics. Graphics which we may see some additional options, maybe to look like the ones from 2018 Demo. 

I mean, how serious can you take the 0's "reviews" with the "GAME SUKS!!!!" , "WORST GME EVER!!!" type of messages?

Yes, there is room from improvement but the gameplay IS the same, which for me is what makes a game great.

Now if you are asking, why you paid 30$ for the game? Well, that's for you to answer, but for me, the updated graphics is worth it, since I played this game A LOT, especially UMS's. I now can't go back to the old graphics, that's for sure.

So Reforged gets a 7 from me. Playing the Campaigns again and the UMS's with the new graphics IS amazing. 

If they are prompt on adding the said features and fixing some other minor bugs, i'll give this game a 9.

AeanderGdemamiMrMelGibson

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

edited February 2
    IceAge said:
    I call the ones who are against Reforged, bunch of spoiled kids ( or mature kids ).

The only ..bad things currently happening is the no profile, no ladder and no custom campaign features, which I'm sure they will added them.

Other then that, game is exactly like the original with better graphics. Graphics which we may see some additional options, maybe to look like the ones from 2018 Demo. 

I mean, how serious can you take the 0's "reviews" with the "GAME SUKS!!!!" , "WORST GME EVER!!!" type of messages?

Yes, there is room from improvement but the gameplay IS the same, which for me is what makes a game great.

Now if you are asking, why you paid 30$ for the game? Well, that's for you to answer, but for me, the updated graphics is worth it, since I played this game A LOT, especially UMS's. I now can't go back to the old graphics, that's for sure.

So Reforged gets a 7 from me. Playing the Campaigns again and the UMS's with the new graphics IS amazing. 

If they are prompt on adding the said features and fixing some other minor bugs, i'll give this game a 9.

I'm certain that the game deserves like 6-7 / 10. Which is a fail in itself for a Warcraft RTS, but I'll let this slide. It does not deserve like 0.5 / 10. That is if we are speaking about features, technical stuff etc. What you are missing is what lahnmir wrote above your post:

Broken UMS features, incomplete product on arrival, lies Lies LIES EVERYWHERE and to top it off, they simply don't care anymore. They outsourced it to 3rd world(Malaysia in this case) for crying out loud! Since when does Blizzard outsource with at least 1000 people on a project?

And such...Kotickisms most certainly do deserve a BIG FAT ZERO. I know that it's not easy to balance the customer and shareholder needs, but...he's too radical imo. A very good, if rather radical CEO. To top it off, he seems he's willing to sacrifice us for the good of shareholders. He should rebalance his priorities.

But yeah. The "B" curse continues. Black Isle, Bullfrog, Bioware, Bethesda, now Blizzard...one thing's certain: I wouldn't start my video game company with a letter "B" even if you paid me lol!
    Gdemami