Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gamigo Looks Back At ArcheAge In 2019, Dives Into New ArchePass

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited January 2020 in News & Features Discussion

imageGamigo Looks Back At ArcheAge In 2019, Dives Into New ArchePass

ArcheAge had an interesting 2019 with the launch of Unchained late last year. However, the road has been less than smooth, as the launch was mired with issues from log-in problems early on to having to restructuring its ArchePass. Gamigo in a new post took a look at 2019 as well as ahead at the new ArchePass.

Read the full story here

Comments

• thighhighsthighhighs Member UncommonPosts: 32
    Already had a few issues with the archepass. I grinded to 40 so I could get the max pass vouchers in time. I used one of the vouchers before I even unlocked a pass and it just disappeared. I dreaded contacting support after hearing rumors that it takes weeks to months to get the ticket updated. 72 hours later im informed support cant help me get it back. Gamigo issues more boosters cause apparently other people had issues as well.. the whole system seems backwards. I redeem all my vouchers and max level the 3 passes - I don't take all the rewards cause of bag space. Now I've lost out on all the rewards and cannot even access them anymore. Rumor is that the levels carry over to the new pass so i purchased a new one with gold. None of the rewards or levels i had previously accrued. Im currently awaiting a response from support to tell me once again theyve forwarded my request to the dev team and cant help me out. I wish I could refund. Stay away.
  • asnowasnow Member UncommonPosts: 43
    i guess next year they announce a new archpass system...
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    Still the best game company in the world.
    AeanderAlbatroesfearuViper482foxgirlMagikarpsGhostSpottyGekkoinfomatzdoomex
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    I must've missed something with Archeage....It just felt so blah.
  • SuppoldnSuppoldn Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    Something missing
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,065

Did you play alpha/beta? That was one of the best MMORPG experiences in memory for me (going back to first release UO here), it was that good. Fast forward a few months after release and it was a steaming pile of p2w shit. If you played during this time I could see why.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • foxgirlfoxgirl Member RarePosts: 485

The game was great until Trion launched it.
    [Deleted User]holdenhamlet
  • CopperfieldCopperfield Member RarePosts: 654
    not sure why people seems to be thinking that trion fcked up AA...

Trion had no power. just publicing rights.

XLgames were the greedy  asses with their P2W
    MagikarpsGhostholdenhamletSpottyGekkoinfomatzdoomex
  • ultimateduckultimateduck Member EpicPosts: 1,269
    Despite all of the perceived problems, it's still one of the better modern MMOs out at the moment. It seems they are still working on things to make it better, which is good for those who still actually play it and don't just complain on the boards about it.
  • alamirkurdialamirkurdi Member UncommonPosts: 17
    What's missing is the sandbox in the game. Its dailyage now

Suppoldn said:

Something missing

The sandbox is missing. The game is dailyage now. Pk system got wrecked, trading got wrecked. You're better off playing on the private server. They have both old and new trading system implemented and always creates custom events for its players that deal out lots of free credits
    jimmywolf
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    edited January 2020
    AA has always been dailys at end game ,, ive played on 4 servers to end game since Beta , on 4 different servers .. End game is a host of dailys on each .. the list is endless.. this is not new ..

And the irony is that the current version of Archepass , you accomplish the missions there by guess fucking what ..

Doing your regular game dailys .. it happens without any effort other than what you normally do ..

People who actually play are aware... Others are in the stupid kid category
    ultimateduck
  • XatshXatsh Member RarePosts: 451
    Older Archeage was never about dailies. I played since 1.0 to current.

The only ones were Halcy, CR, and GR. And those took maby an hour combined for all of them. The rest of the time it was literally do whatever you wanted to do in game. And honestly OLD halcy running with your guild only was actually fun.

The economy was extremely strong and flourished. And with Gold = Power (since you could buy top tier gear without the awakening system), all crafting professions had the ability the ability to get you top tier endgame stuff. Either by crafting it yourself, or earning gold and buying it.

Trade/commerce was the best in genre with 100s of people running packs both on land and sea to all ports and zones.

Guilds fought over not just Kraken, but RD, Abyssal, Meina/Glenn, Anthalon, Nazar and so on.

And castles and sieges were not LOL. and actually mattered for guilds. Current sieges are garbage... cannot even use your own siege weapons in them and they endup being mindless zergs with the faction.

This current Daily Faction based game is nothing like older archeage.

Honestly while less RNG with hiram is nice.... the trade off of killing the whole economy and 50-60% of the content in the game was not worth it at all. I would rather have the crippling rng with gearing up then a completely gutted game.

Once this unchained completly dies... they should just shutdown the western AA servers. Let the private servers run it... at least the game is stable, bugs get fixed, and they have the ability to remove all the BS changes XL added that are almost universally hated across all regions.
    [Deleted User]
  • ultimateduckultimateduck Member EpicPosts: 1,269
    Xatsh said:

The only ones were Halcy, CR, and GR. And those took maby an hour combined for all of them. The rest of the time it was literally do whatever you wanted to do in game. And honestly OLD halcy running with your guild only was actually fun.

The economy was extremely strong and flourished. And with Gold = Power (since you could buy top tier gear without the awakening system), all crafting professions had the ability the ability to get you top tier endgame stuff. Either by crafting it yourself, or earning gold and buying it.

Trade/commerce was the best in genre with 100s of people running packs both on land and sea to all ports and zones.

Guilds fought over not just Kraken, but RD, Abyssal, Meina/Glenn, Anthalon, Nazar and so on.

And castles and sieges were not LOL. and actually mattered for guilds. Current sieges are garbage... cannot even use your own siege weapons in them and they endup being mindless zergs with the faction.

Honestly while less RNG with hiram is nice.... the trade off of killing the whole economy and 50-60% of the content in the game was not worth it at all. I would rather have the crippling rng with gearing up then a completely gutted game.

Once this unchained completly dies... they should just shutdown the western AA servers. Let the private servers run it... at least the game is stable, bugs get fixed, and they have the ability to remove all the BS changes XL added that are almost universally hated across all regions.

Eh, towards the end of my first dive into the original AA, my game time consisted of doing Gilda dailies and burning through my labor trying to get enough money for another attempt at a regrade. Dailies have always been there. The jacked up regrade system is what eventually turned the game into a P2W.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    not sure why people seems to be thinking that trion fcked up AA...

Trion had no power. just publicing rights.

XLgames were the greedy  asses with their P2W
    You agree on a contract and it's terms.It is not a case of XL says here you MUST publish our game and by our standards.

Matter of fact,when there was literally no information from Trion,no marketing and a delay,they came out and stated they were polishing,improving and working to make sure it suited the NA audience and as well the language conversion.

IMO Trion was doing nothing, a lazy developer that only took on AA so that nobody else could get it because there was some early hype and Trion NEEDED money.

Developers in the 2020 era are too much about business and the money end,they seem to care little about the delivery of their games and this is across the board in all genres all countries.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    edited January 2020
    Xatsh said:

BS .............   5 Guild Dailies ..3  Family Dailies ..  5 Library Dailies.. ..5(Blue Salt) Gilda Dailies ..  .. 5 World Boss Dailies ..Halcy Daily.. Gr Daily .. DR Daily ..  Golden Plains Daily...Diamond Shore Daily...Ghost Ship Daily ...Sea Bugs Daily .. Dungeon Mentor Daily...Crimson Rift Daily .. Faction Dailies... Your daily Harvest .. Your Daily Planting ..Fishing Dailies.. and Pack Runs Daily( always 1 or more folks who want help )...   yes there are others ..
    Post edited by Scorchien on
    ultimateduck
  • yonpachiyonpachi Member UncommonPosts: 191
    Does the ticket support time still taking 2 months?
  • heroesdarknessheroesdarkness Newbie CommonPosts: 2
    Archeage Unchained gonna becomes a P2W cause there is so much bots and websites selling gold. The only thing they can do is unable trade between players like old maplestory and it's can be better for the game and no more bots will comes again. For the players who like spending his real monney, they can only go on the old Archeage