Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Development: Stage Three (pre-orders re-open, test weekends, target release date and more)

coretex666coretex666 Member EpicPosts: 3,808
@Renfail shared a post on the Saga of Lucimia website describing the progress made since the team "went dark" with the introduction of the Development: Stage Two and the plans for launch of the Stage Three in April 2020. 

The post also describes that starting April, the pre-order store will be re-open after a year. Over the whole month of April, the servers will be open to early access members on the weekends. The game also got a target launch date set at Q4/2021.

Details on the following link:

https://sagaoflucimia.com/closed-alpha-stage-three

I think this is good news for all players looking forward to this game.
RenfailAmathe

Comments

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 11,833
    Good news.  I will have to check it out.
    coretex666RenfailalkarionlogKyleran

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Starvault's reponse to criticism related to having a handful of players as the official "test" team for a supposed MMO: "We've just have another 10ish folk kind enough to voulenteer added tot the test team" (SIC) This explains much about the state of the game :-)

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

My ignore list finally has one occupant after 12 years. I am the strongest supporter of free speech on here, but free speech does not mean forced listening. Have fun my friend. Hope you find a new stalking target.

• RenfailRenfail Member EpicPosts: 1,618
    Lots of irons in the fire :) 

Stay tuned... we'll have some Q&A sessions with our affiliates starting to hit the airwaves in early/mid March, and we'll likely have a live stream on our own Twitch/YouTube in mid-March to showcase some of the things players will be exploring in the new build in April. 
    coretex666GeekyKyleran
    Tim "Renfail" Anderson | Creative Director | The Saga of Lucimia MMORPG
  • coretex666coretex666 Member EpicPosts: 3,808
    edited January 24
    Renfail said:

Stay tuned... we'll have some Q&A sessions with our affiliates starting to hit the airwaves in early/mid March, and we'll likely have a live stream on our own Twitch/YouTube in mid-March to showcase some of the things players will be exploring in the new build in April. 
    I hope I did not step on your toes sharing this news. Was not sure if you were not gonna make a thread yourself probably better explaining your post on the SoL website :).
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 3,308
    Ahh nice, good to hear you guys are making progress.

I’ve stated preciously that I wouldn’t be playing because it was first person only. It seems like that has been dropped? If so, I might join the club in April. 

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...
    edited January 24
    Renfail said:

I hope I did not step on your toes sharing this news. Was not sure if you were not gonna make a thread yourself probably better explaining your post on the SoL website :).
    Nope. Since we went into closed alpha, the only threads/announcements I personally make are on our website.
  • ArteriusArterius Member EpicPosts: 2,697
    edited January 24
    Congrats to the team. My Most anticipated upcoming MMO. Also that new website is great. Excited for what is to come.
    Renfailcoretex666Amathe
    Currently playing: Witcher 3 (Xbox One X), TemTem

Currently Reading: Oathbringer (Stormlight Archive Book 3)

Currently Writing: Champions of Legend Book 1 (2nd Draft)

edited January 24
    lahnmir said:

I’ve stated preciously that I wouldn’t be playing because it was first person only. It seems like that has been dropped? If so, I might join the club in April. 

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    We never stated that we would be first-person only. That was the result of faulty reporting on behalf of citizen journalists who do zero fact checking at the source. 

For the first couple of years of our testing we didn't worry about doing any third-person POV because we didn't want to put any engineering into character controlers and the like (and because at the time our primary focus was on a first-person POV), but we added third-party POV at least two years ago. Probably more like three years ago now. 

So during that first couple of years, there was the assumption that we were first-person only, despite the fact we even had a blog post (years ago) that talked about our plans for combined first-person and third-person POVs. 
    lahnmirAmatheKyleran
    Arterius said:
    Congrats to the team. Most anticipated upcoming MMO. Also that new website is great. Excited for what is to come.
    Hehehe, I wouldn't call us the most anticipated upcoming game, but we're inching our way up the list :) 

There are a slew of great games coming out in the next couple of years and we can't wait to play all of them alongside ours! 
    edited January 24
    Renfail said:
    Arterius said:
    Congrats to the team. Most anticipated upcoming MMO. Also that new website is great. Excited for what is to come.
    Hehehe, I wouldn't call us the most anticipated upcoming game, but we're inching our way up the list :) 

There are a slew of great games coming out in the next couple of years and we can't wait to play all of them alongside ours! 
    Sorry was meant to be MY haha don't want to put words in peoples mouth.
    Renfail

• coretex666coretex666 Member EpicPosts: 3,808
    I was personally quite surprised by the target release date which is much sooner than I had expected. Having said that, I noted you did make it clear that the date is not carved in stone and that it may be postponed if needed.

I have not played the game for about a year now, so I am really looking forward to seeing the progress you guys have made over the last year. Have to say SoL is the MMORPG I am currently most excited about.
    Arterius
    I was personally quite surprised by the target release date which is much sooner than I had expected. Having said that, I noted you did make it clear that the date is not carved in stone and that it may be postponed if needed.

I have not played the game for about a year now, so I am really looking forward to seeing the progress you guys have made over the last year. Have to say SoL is the MMORPG I am currently most excited about.
    I also haven't played in a while. Excited for when I can finally log in though
    Renfail

edited January 24

We've known internally that was the target date we were shooting for since our big get-together back in Minnesota at the end of 2018, but we didn't want to make anything "official" until we were further along. 

It's worth noting that, as with every-single-launched MMORPG, we won't be launching "feature complete", so as long as everyone understands that we'll be launching like every other MMORPG in that it's an ongoing, game-as-a-service with regular patches and content updates and expansions that add additional content and features to the game, then we'll be good :) 

It's the folks that expect us to launch with content/features comparable to, say, FFXIV, ESO, GW2, WoW, or other games that have been out for 6-12 years that are the ones we have to watch out for =P
    coretex666PutrefeeArterius
  • MendelMendel Member EpicPosts: 3,708
    Renfail said:
    Arterius said:

Good deal, @Renfail.  I like the reasonable target dates and the more realistic schedule.  Congratulations to you and your team on the news.

Allow me to correct one minor point of yours.  You may not be the "most anticipated upcoming game", but you're probably the "most anticipated upcoming game that may actually release in our lifetime".  :*  I look forward to seeing what you have achieved.  In Q4/2021 or Q2/2022 (sadly, your team's progress doesn't change my fiscal reality).

blueturtle13ArteriusRenfailcoretex666

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

Mendel said:
    Allow me to correct one minor point of yours.  You may not be the "most anticipated upcoming game", but you're probably the "most anticipated upcoming game that may actually release in our lifetime". 

LOL! 

It can be tough waiting on games, but they're all coming, slowly but surely :) 

Renfail said:
    Renfail said:

Nope. Since we went into closed alpha, the only threads/announcements I personally make are on our website.
    It's safer that way :)
    RenfailMendel

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Starvault's reponse to criticism related to having a handful of players as the official "test" team for a supposed MMO: "We've just have another 10ish folk kind enough to voulenteer added tot the test team" (SIC) This explains much about the state of the game :-)

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

My ignore list finally has one occupant after 12 years. I am the strongest supporter of free speech on here, but free speech does not mean forced listening. Have fun my friend. Hope you find a new stalking target.

Arterius said:

I also haven't played in a while. Excited for when I can finally log in though
    See you then!

It's safer that way :)
    Basically :) Plus, it's easier to clamp down on fake news this way. If it didn't come from our website/social media channels, tis not real or newsworthy. 
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 3,308
    Renfail said:
    lahnmir said:

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    We never stated that we would be first-person only. That was the result of faulty reporting on behalf of citizen journalists who do zero fact checking at the source. 

For the first couple of years of our testing we didn't worry about doing any third-person POV because we didn't want to put any engineering into character controlers and the like (and because at the time our primary focus was on a first-person POV), but we added third-party POV at least two years ago. Probably more like three years ago now. 

So during that first couple of years, there was the assumption that we were first-person only, despite the fact we even had a blog post (years ago) that talked about our plans for combined first-person and third-person POVs. 
    Thanks for the insight, I stopped tracking the game after I, wrongfully, assumed it would be first person only. Guess I am back on board.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 6,876
    I remain impressed with the skill, dedication, and organization of this relatively small company. They are doing so much better than companies many times their size. 
    RenfailMendelcoretex666

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

lahnmir said:

Thanks for the insight, I stopped tracking the game after I, wrongfully, assumed it would be first person only. Guess I am back on board.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Awesome
    Amathe said:
    I remain impressed with the skill, dedication, and organization of this relatively small company. They are doing so much better than companies many times their size. 
    Thanks. Though I'd say it's less to do with skill than it is simply hardwork and perserverance (i.e. the dedication you mention) than anything else. We've certainly screwed things up here and there and had to redo things from a lack of skill/lack of previous experience. 

I also have this perverse personal desire to thumb my noses at all the critics who claimed it wasn't possible for a team with zero previous game development experience to build an MMORPG. But I've still got to wait a bit for that bucket list item  B)  :D 
    Amathe said:
    To me, it’s more about them largely bearing the burden/risk of production. This is also why I give CU latitude when it comes to delays etc...

• DeveronDeveron Member UncommonPosts: 60
    Just bought the book and read the first couple pages of prologue and am pleasantly surprised. I‘m not entirely sure what I did expect, but this is solid story telling, starting off with multiple hooks leaving me wishing to know more and a protagonist who isn’t quite like-able, but relatable and believable and I already fear for him to not make it out of prologue alive. I think I’m in for a good read and not just a decent one. 

So this really seems to be standing on its own and isn’t just a support-your-local-dev gimmick on sale to funnel funds into development, methinks. Although it does work like that and of course I’m now pondering about preordering the game. Even tho I really didn’t want to go down that route again.

Well written, well played. Looking forward to not getting married in-game! 
    RenfailAmathe
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 17,278
    Is this game under NDA?

If not tell me what few things set this game apart,makes it a better option than what i already have to choose from?

I have been so bored and not playing any mmorpg's pretty much since i quit FFXI about idk 6+ years ago.

I have popped in and out of a FFXI private server,played today actually,no other game has been able to captivate me.

My main ideals are class structure and combat,i really need those two to be well done so i don't use a phrase i often use and that is "handcuffed" combat".

The last 10 years i have seen so many mmorpg's and they all do too many things that down right irk me the wrong way,it is like "common sense"does not come into play with most devs.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Deveron said:
    Just bought the book and read the first couple pages of prologue and am pleasantly surprised. I‘m not entirely sure what I did expect, but this is solid story telling, starting off with multiple hooks leaving me wishing to know more and a protagonist who isn’t quite like-able, but relatable and believable and I already fear for him to not make it out of prologue alive. I think I’m in for a good read and not just a decent one. 

So this really seems to be standing on its own and isn’t just a support-your-local-dev gimmick on sale to funnel funds into development, methinks. Although it does work like that and of course I’m now pondering about preordering the game. Even tho I really didn’t want to go down that route again.

Well written, well played. Looking forward to not getting married in-game! 
    Glad you enjoyed the book so far :)