Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DDO development plans look promising

The planned updates and content for Dungeons & Dragons Online has me interested in what I assumed was a dying game.  Anyone still play it?

https://massivelyop.com/2020/01/22/dungeons-and-dragons-onlines-2020-roadmap-includes-shifter-race-and-feywild-expansion/

Comments

• UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    I still play from time to time, the Permadeath server last I heard was being shut down, for reasons I know nothing about.

Not sure about any of the other stuff.. gonna bet the new race and class, will make the Uber Completionist slightly unhappy.
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• NeblessNebless Member RarePosts: 1,835
    They released an expansion in 2017 and then another in 2018 and just last year released an adventure pack.  They also had a very successful VIP server event last year so not dying at all.  The dev's keep putting stuff out for it and players keep buying and playing.

It's not a new game by any stretch of the imagination so the population is way down from it's hey day, but it's got a pretty solid core of players and new one's do still trickle in from time to time.

SWG (pre-cu) - AoC (pre-f2p) - PotBS (pre-boarder) - DDO - LotRO (pre-f2p) - STO (pre-f2p) - GnH (beta tester) - SWTOR - Neverwinter

• NeblessNebless Member RarePosts: 1,835
    Ungood said:
    I still play from time to time, the Permadeath server last I heard was being shut down, for reasons I know nothing about.

It was a limited time server (3 months?) and ran it's course that's why it shut down.  They set a certain time limit for it to run so they could have a clear point to declare winners.

SWG (pre-cu) - AoC (pre-f2p) - PotBS (pre-boarder) - DDO - LotRO (pre-f2p) - STO (pre-f2p) - GnH (beta tester) - SWTOR - Neverwinter

• UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    Nebless said:
    Ungood said:

It was a limited time server (3 months?) and ran it's course that's why it shut down.  They set a certain time limit for it to run so they could have a clear point to declare winners.
    Oh good to know.
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.