Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Suggestions for Cryptic!

RasereiRaserei Member UncommonPosts: 1,110
edited January 19 in Magic: Legends
1.) No loot/equipment in an ARPG is very risky. I know you all probably spent a lot of time with the cards but an ARPG MMO can't just be cards. The missions with little to no loot will become very boring. The lure to ARPGs is the pursuit of finding treasure. If your game has very basic / boring treasure, the game will be basic and boring. The cards, I'm sure are amazing, but this isn't loot... The game needs more in that aspect. Something to keep the players coming back.

2.) The UI looks very cheap. (This might be a placeholder UI for alpha gameplay footage, not sure) The health bars, enemy name text... theres no flare or style...

3.) Overall, the gameplay footage I saw looked very simplistic. Enter mission X, cast a bunch of spells, summon some creatures, mission complete. If you are looking to become the ultimate casual game of all time, fine... But it just reminds me of games like Final Fight, Streets of Rage, Sacred 3 where its more of a brawler game with no loot, just combat. The fact that you are calling it an ARPG MMO is telling players like me its a game that it isnt. Its not an ARPG (Where is the loot?), its not an MMO (3 players only? What will players do together to consider this an MMO?)....... I would call it a multiplayer action card game.... And if you can trade cards, a multiplayer action trading card game...

As a fan of ARPGs and MMORPGs AND have played Magic the Gathering as a kid, I really want this title to succeed. Right now, it looks like a Sacred 3 with cards. Bland, boring, no loot, repetitive....

Post edited by Raserei on
Gdemami

Comments

• blueturtle13blueturtle13 Member LegendaryPosts: 12,165

Suggestions for Cryptic....

Stop. Just stop. 

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,139
    I bet the cash shop is amazing and feature rich and will keep me interested in its contents for months on end.
    Gorwe
  • shivafangshivafang Member UncommonPosts: 6
    I hope that the classes can be tweaked to the colour of magic being used.  We know already that the decks and colours are not tied directly to the classes.  I'm keen on making a PBAOE geonamcer with white magic (that judgement spell that the mindmage is using looks great).  However her attacks use red particles.  I really hope those can be made to be white particles to represent the colour of magic I'd be using. 

In other words - more customization more better.
  • kitaradkitarad Member EpicPosts: 5,752
    This game is going to be so P2W it will make Black Desert blush right down to the roots.