Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Shroud of Avatar Shares Q1 and Q2 Goals - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited January 2020 in News & Features Discussion

imageShroud of Avatar Shares Q1 and Q2 Goals - MMORPG.com

The Shroud of Avatar has shared some updates regarding their Q1 and Q2 goals for 2020.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Wraith0Wraith0 Member UncommonPosts: 46
    I'm a backer for this game, and have yet to be able to do anything it. It is so bad. So many issues to list, but I finally just gave up trying when I kept falling through the world one day.
    LeFantomenycplayboy78urinal_goosenewbismxGamePlay4UJamesGoblinValdheimCryomatrix
  • LeFantomeLeFantome Member RarePosts: 692
    edited January 2020
    This game is a mess, in terms of management, gameplay and lies with zero future. There are backers who didn't even get their physical game yet. After what, 3 years?
    nycplayboy78urinal_gooseGameboyMarcGamePlay4UWraith0JamesGoblinValdheim

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,986

LeFantome said:

This game is a mess, in terms of management, gameplay and lies with zero future. There are backers who didn't even get their physical game yet. After what, 3 years?

Surely everyone got a copy of the game even if it was a poor launch?
  • urinal_gooseurinal_goose Member UncommonPosts: 89
    Maybe 10% of this stuff will actually happen, and what does will be half-assed, with Chris Spears spouting the usual deflections and obfuscations to justify overpromising and underdelivering.
    JamesGoblinLeFantome
  • GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 1,019
    I was supposed to get an actual game?! Awww damn...

Gut Out!

What, me worry?

• ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,318
    I'm going to stop throwing shade.

These guys are keeping it going and moving forward for the players they have. I'm glad for them and the mmorpg community in general.
    HilltKylerantweedledumb99
  • LeFantomeLeFantome Member RarePosts: 692

Scot said:

LeFantome said:

Surely everyone got a copy of the game even if it was a poor launch?

Took them months and years to get their physical signed copy . Sure they got the digital game, I agree.
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/signed-copy-frustration.152419/page-2

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Does this game's team still work from home?
  • DarkEvilHatredDarkEvilHatred Member UncommonPosts: 229
    With that in mind, here are the summarized Q1 goals:

Milk remaining playerbase of as much cash as possible.

Q2 goals:

Repeat Q1 goals.

Q3 goals:

Take a space flight again after the game shuts down.
  • HilltHillt Member UncommonPosts: 72
    Piss poor game that continues to lie to it's players. I can't wait to see what the excuse is for not meeting these goals. It'll be the typical excuse of vacations, sickness, Chinese New Year, etc etc.
    urinal_goose
  • KatillaKatilla Member UncommonPosts: 829
    correct me if I'm wrong, but first impressions of a game are very important to grab people's attention to keep them playing so your playerbase as a whole grows. personally if I start a game and it sucks from the start, I try to refund it, and tell my friends not to bother. So they are basically saying "we don't want to pay to make a good first impression so players don't quit during the very beginning and want to stick around and grow our playerbase. so we don't care about you new people."
    urinal_goose
  • jonp200jonp200 Member UncommonPosts: 457
    I was stupid enough to back this game and it blows.
    urinal_goose

Seaspite
    Playing ESO on my X-Box

• azonic69azonic69 Member UncommonPosts: 103
    I see they still have no plan to make the game good... or fun.
    urinal_goose
  • newbismxnewbismx Member UncommonPosts: 276
    edited January 2020

Katilla said:

correct me if I'm wrong, but first impressions of a game are very important to grab people's attention to keep them playing so your playerbase as a whole grows. personally if I start a game and it sucks from the start, I try to refund it, and tell my friends not to bother. So they are basically saying "we don't want to pay to make a good first impression so players don't quit during the very beginning and want to stick around and grow our playerbase. so we don't care about you new people."

[mod edit]
    Pretty much.

Theyre just squeezing as much juice out of that lemon as they possibly can until its tossed in the trash.
    Post edited by Vaross on
    LeFantome
  • ultimateduckultimateduck Member EpicPosts: 1,269
    I really wanted to like this game. I thought gameplay was fun. It's a bummer it's having so many issues.
  • joezhudarakjoezhudarak Member UncommonPosts: 32
    Hope they delivery at least 80% of the 2020 plan
  • HilltHillt Member UncommonPosts: 72

Hope they delivery at least 80% of the 2020 plan

Well they did deliver only about 80% of their Kickstarter rewards and about 25% of what was originally pitched so good luck!

The more you buy the more they'll be able to deliver, so open your wallet and take out a second mortgage because the game need YOU!