Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

5 MMOs That Were Gone Too Soon (And 3 That Should Have Been Gone Sooner) - MMORPG.com

124»

Comments

• ForgefeuForgefeu Member UncommonPosts: 118
    Asheron call II i tough the game was amazing and was like wtf when it was gone so soon
  • MalathoosMalathoos Member UncommonPosts: 199
    Man, i like The Matrix Online. They had lots of GM events and the community always seemed helpful. Sad they get so much hate.

• ramdyramdy Member UncommonPosts: 71
    Nice article, would be great to read about "Should go ones" :)
    maskedweasel
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Adoni said:
    I miss Vanguard Saga of Heroes.

It's funny I always thought the game should have been better, and it always ran like crap on my PC no matter how good it was.
  • EvilsamEvilsam Member UncommonPosts: 200
    UO was an awesome game.As a non pvper was also the only game I have ever rage quit.As much as i loved it the fact that you basically couldn't really explore sole caused me to quit and delete it.As a GM Warrior you had a 90% chance of dieing if you met two mages.
    SWG is my all time favorite. A non linear open world sandbox.With a crafting system that no other mmo has even come close to yet.
    If sony had spent the time and effort they put into the C/U-NGE and fixed the bugs and balance of the game, it would probably still be going today.
    maskedweasel
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    Evilsam said:
    UO was an awesome game.As a non pvper was also the only game I have ever rage quit.As much as i loved it the fact that you basically couldn't really explore sole caused me to quit and delete it.As a GM Warrior you had a 90% chance of dieing if you met two mages.
    SWG is my all time favorite. A non linear open world sandbox.With a crafting system that no other mmo has even come close to yet.
    If sony had spent the time and effort they put into the C/U-NGE and fixed the bugs and balance of the game, it would probably still be going today.
    It's been a long time but I think the reason SOE had to stop development on the game was because the license was pulled and given to BioWare for SWTOR. At the time BioWare was really hot, and SWG numbers were low so I think they just lost out to the hype of a new company. 

Funny though, because had they done in SWG what they ended up doing in SWTOR (going free to play with a cash shop) SWG probably would have made a lot more money.