Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

City of Titans Shows Off Starter Zone, Alexandria, In New Video - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited January 2020 in News & Features Discussion

imageCity of Titans Shows Off Starter Zone, Alexandria, In New Video - MMORPG.com

City of Titans has shown off their starter zone, Alexandria, a new video.

Read the full story here

Blaze_Rocker

Comments

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,056
    Not impressed in any way by this video.
    xybedoutElquinGladDogBlaze_RockerNilden[Deleted User]cheebaTacticalZombehLighttip
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,361
    some buildings ugh , but yeah once u add cars , bad guys and npcs (plust birds and whatnot) it gets better....

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Pretty nice looking buildings.  But I have to ask: is this a "period" game, set in the 1920s or 30s?  There were entirely too many smokestacks, even on what appeared to be apartment complexes, to fully pass as a "futuristic" city.  So, I'd question some of their art decisions.  Good images, but the mix seems to stand out, almost like different teams built different buildings with entirely different guidelines.  If it's just intended to be old sections of the city, where is the decay and deterioration?

Let's hope the game itself doesn't include more examples of this kind of unfocused or fragmented or uncontrolled design decisions.

Blaze_RockerGladDogGreatnessSovrathwingood

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• PyukPyuk Member UncommonPosts: 762
    If the goal was to match the visuals of City of Heroes circa 2008, then mission accomplished. Can't wait to see the low poly NPCs waiting around to be murdered.
    GladDogBlaze_Rockerwingood

I make spreadsheets at work - I don't want to make them for the games I play.

• Blaze_RockerBlaze_Rocker Member UncommonPosts: 370
    Seven years later and this is the best they've got? Ship of Heroes started up later, didn't have a successful kickstarter and they STILL look better and are closer to launch.

I'm glad I left these guys back in 2013.
    GladDog

I've got a feevah, and the only prescription... is more cowbell.

• RidrithRidrith Member RarePosts: 802
    Uh. That looked terrible.
    Blaze_Rocker
    I like to complain about games.
  • XAleX360XAleX360 Member UncommonPosts: 516
    It's amazing to see how they can make Unreal Engine look ugly.
    Blaze_RockerLinifcheeba[Deleted User]

Executive Editor (Games) http://www.wccftech.com

• LukzfreshLukzfresh Member UncommonPosts: 125
    Buildings look so realistic that it looks like a presentation to build a building in real life... doesn’t even look like a game. If that even makes sense LOL.
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,547
    bldgs are very blocky. I don't care that much, just release the game. I need a decent superhero game.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    Viper482 said:

Big agree with this. There are literally UE4 tutorial videos that do a way better job.

Someone else said 7 years, wow wtf are they doing? Is it like 3 guys?

Ship of Heroes doesn't look much better. City of Heroes Homecoming puts these both to shame on so many levels. If you are looking for a good superhero game City of Heroes Homecoming is it and that doesn't look like it will change for the foreseeable future.
    Aegrin56

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• LinifLinif Member UncommonPosts: 338
    It just looks like City of Heroes. We've waited this long for what equates to a new zone for an outdated game...?
  • Blaze_RockerBlaze_Rocker Member UncommonPosts: 370
    Nilden said:
    Viper482 said:

Big agree with this. There are literally UE4 tutorial videos that do a way better job.

Someone else said 7 years, wow wtf are they doing? Is it like 3 guys?

I joined the forums of The Phoenix Project in 2013. When I saw that they weren't going in a direction I felt they should be I left after just two months and went elsewhere.

If this is the best they've got to show off then they've perfectly met my expectations and I see CoT shutting down within three years of launch, if they even manage to make an official launch. From what I've seen it looks like nothing but the wrong vision and a mismanagement of money from the start.

Of course, I've been wrong before. So....... we'll see.

I've got a feevah, and the only prescription... is more cowbell.

Just a random google for Unreal Engine City Scape tutorial.

Now THAT is impressive.

Blaze_Rocker[Deleted User]wingood

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    It still looks better then the latest COE video.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• olepiolepi Member EpicPosts: 2,814
    Some of the special buildings look ok. The city blocks with smokestacks everywhere looks like placeholders, or something from a different game.

Weird.

------------
    2024: 47 years on the Net.

• retiredmjretiredmj Member UncommonPosts: 160

Mendel said:

Pretty nice looking buildings.  But I have to ask: is this a "period" game, set in the 1920s or 30s?  There were entirely too many smokestacks, even on what appeared to be apartment complexes, to fully pass as a "futuristic" city.  So, I'd question some of their art decisions.  Good images, but the mix seems to stand out, almost like different teams built different buildings with entirely different guidelines.  If it's just intended to be old sections of the city, where is the decay and deterioration?

Let's hope the game itself doesn't include more examples of this kind of unfocused or fragmented or uncontrolled design decisions.

It's what the futuristic US city will look like after Trump gets reelected for his 20th term and makes coal his secretary of state
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    I can't quite put my finger on it, but something doesn't look right with this video.
    I can't quite put my finger on it, but something doesn't look right with this video.
    Well I can say with 100 percent confidence it is not UE4 fault.

[Deleted User]Blaze_Rocker

• crankkedcrankked Member UncommonPosts: 284
    Is it April 1st?
  • AlverantAlverant Member RarePosts: 1,319
    I like it. Not everything needs photorealistic graphics!
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,547
    If its like CoH, then that is a good thing for me.... but the graphics should be more modern. lol

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• illutianillutian Member UncommonPosts: 343
    I'd like to believe these are unfinished assets. Though, if that were the case, "WIP Demo" should have been plastered on the video.

Basically, the work looks like it's at a stage similar to this person's work: https://forums.unrealengine.com/community/work-in-progress/52345-low-poly-environment-wip

((Which is exactly how it's done in both games and movies; start rough, finish polished.))
    Blaze_Rocker

Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising everytime we fall.