Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Release Dates, Beta Dates, Alpha Dates

fedesignfedesign Member Posts: 11

Hah!  Made you look!

Seriously, there's a tiny bit of confusion about stuff here.  Since we don't have our own "official" forums yet, we're doing things through forums like these here at MMORPG and other places where a community of game-players with an interest in Fallen Earth has already arisen. 

As many of you are aware, we're not able to put up our own forums yet and moderate them properly so we rely on such forums as these, as well as our newsletters, to communicate with our growing fan base.

We're all very gratified and excited about the level of interest in our game, and we're all working very hard to make sure your excitement is not misplaced.

However, I just want you to know that with regard to release dates or time frames for release or beta or anything of that nature, we will never publicize those things until the product is ready for it.  We do not want to build false hopes and false hype and, most of all, we do not want to lead people on who are simply interested in this game that we've been working on for these last 5-6 years.

Since there's no real way to prove that I work on Fallen Earth anyway, you'll just have to take what I'm saying on faith.  So far, there is no "official" release date, beta time frame, alpha time frame, etc.  The game is moving forward at a satisfactory clip and there are lots of very exciting things happening here at Icarus  now and over the next few months that will do much to speed the time that we release the game and you all are able to play it but the only place where you will see an official notice of release, beta, alpha or whatever, will be on the Fallen Earth website.  I might announce it here and other places like this on the web as well, but that will be AFTER it's announced on our official website.

Well-meaning individuals in our company might let slip some time frames for things but unless it's posted on our website, it's not real, it's just some guy talking (like me).

I just want to make sure everyone knows that we're reading the forums here when we're able and we're gleaning lots of good information about what people want from here but I just need to make sure you all realize that the only place where we'll announce "official" stuff is on our official website.

Sorry for the confusion regarding this but the last thing we want to do is build false hope or false hype that can't be fulfilled.  We're trying to build a fun game and we'll release it when it's done.  We'll do the beta when it's ready, too.

Thanks again for your interest and excitement.  We'll do our best not to let you down.

Comments

• FadinawayFadinaway Member Posts: 270

I have talked to the guys at Icarus Studios and I can tell you this is exactly what they expressed to me.

They are very serious about not releasing dates until they know they are ready for the product to be out in the public.  I was very impressed by their desire to stay on course and away from the super hype machine.  They want to make sure they have a level of quality they are happy about prior to even having a public Beta.

Kudos to you Icarus!

Fadinaway
    Playerbase Solutions
    http://www.playerbasesolutions.com

• StowawayStowaway Member Posts: 165

Thank you for the update

It's so quiet around here these days. *Sniffle*

• XatrosXatros Member Posts: 24

Originally posted by Stowaway

Thank you for the update
    It's so quiet around here these days. *Sniffle*

QFE, or Quoted For Emphasis.

I know most (if not all) of us here in the community are happy that the game isn't going to be released half-baked on some preset date, as is what happened with plenty of other MMOs (SWG, for example). The fact that Icarus is staying in touch also speaks volumes. I'm in agreement with Fadinaway here, kudos to the FE team.

-Xatros Ketosha

• ajmstiltajmstilt Member Posts: 30

Yes very well put.

BUT

I need something, maybe just post a screenshot here or there.  Bluntly stated there are quie a few games i am interested in coming outin the nearish future, but I have a job and family and cannot buy many games just to try them out.  I really like the way FE is lookign but I need some idea of when it might come out.  Should I buy a game that comes out in 3 months knowing i'll have 6 more months befor eFE comes out?  because if Fallen Earth comes out one month after i have bought a defferent game i may not be able to purchase FE.

that make any sense?

.....oh and i like how Fe looks like Iron to me.  image

• FadinawayFadinaway Member Posts: 270

Check out. http://fallenearth.com/

It does make sense, but for your situation only and not theirs.  It wouldn't make sense for them to base their information exposure on what someone may or may not do within the next 3 months.  They can't know everyone's motivations and should stay on their course specifically.  They will more than likely give you more when they decide it is time to give you more. 

Fadinaway
    Playerbase Solutions
    http://www.playerbasesolutions.com

*Bite lip*

We just have to be patient.....

*Nod Sagely*

(( Yeh i know it's easier said than done, many a time i've spent distressed over finding no updates and no posts on this forum from anyone :P ... "You have no new messages" .. oh .. so unloved.... hehehe.. But yeah. I feel like this forums really quiet because all the topics that are obvious or 'known' have been covered and because.. . well when you really think about it... we know nothing about what this game will have... all the fans here have become sherlock holmes as they piece together bits from the main website and interviews. It's a weird feeling which changes often, sometimes excited and unable to wait, and other times its really frustrating.. i guess that's life. I really hope the website updates soon and that the peeps in here get beta invites for outstanding loyalty.. hehe.. just laying seeds ::::34:: you never know ::::20:: ))

It really is like xmas has come when you get word from someone working on the game or a newsletter though, its like WEEEEEEeeeeeEEEEEEE happy happy..... I like that. and we wouldnt feel like that if they werent doing what they're doing.

It'd just be like all the other games where the info is put out there ages before beta even, then the 'fans' tear it to shreds before its confirmed and flame it on the forums. (Age Of Conan for an example, I find it hard NOT to find bitch threads on there about a number of things that have been 'announced')

And then the fans just get arsey with the team, demanding more info on the forums when they dont even know what they wanna know.

I mean, if you email these guys, they'll respond and they'll respond genuinely and, I mean there is a real respect from what i've seen, from all us peeps interested and for the team, and also from the team towards us. and if a piece of info is wanted , you could mail them and would get the best reply they are able to give you.

When alls said and done, the way they are going about things is really smart and i really respect it. It's whats best for the game. and ill sacrifice my mental well being and 'peace of mind' for that greater purpose.

Even now thats how we can aid the development of this game, even before getting into Beta (touch wood) and suggesting and helping, just by being patient and respecting that its probably what's best for the game. Sure it's a small thing, but it makes me feel better about waiting :P

eugh, what a ramble ::::12:: clearly im starved for conversation about fallen earth, pretty sure most the people i normally speak to are sick of me going on about it.

::::29::

• pirrgpirrg Member Posts: 1,443

Cant they show us something to assure us that the game is still in development and no put on the shelf like so many other games.

it wasnt THAT long ago we had a newsletter...

sure it feels like ages ago, but if the game had stopped since then im sure we'd hear about it

• pirrgpirrg Member Posts: 1,443

hm, well i sure hope youre right, id hate to see this one go down the pan

• spookytoothspookytooth Member Posts: 508

Could always start a well calculated rumor about FE's demise. Then they'd have to release info and reassure the public and whatnot. Such a tactic would be a bit shady but....being devious gets the job done sometimes.::::39::

...or I guess you could wait patiently.
    Are the newsletters monthly? I sure hope so.

• DelgadoDelgado Member Posts: 173

Who do I have to kill to get my hands on FE beta? Plz provide name and address.

• XatrosXatros Member Posts: 24

Originally posted by pirrg

Cant they show us something to assure us that the game is still in development and no put on the shelf like so many other games.

They have. A newsletter recently, the first post in this very thread, a trailer...small things, but enough that Icarus is saying "We're still here! Hang on!". image

-Xatros Ketosha

• CthulhuvongCthulhuvong Member UncommonPosts: 433

Originally posted by Delgado
    Who do I have to kill to get my hands on FE beta? Plz provide name and address.

I'll beat you there! All hail the FE Gods!

::::08::::::08::::::08::::::08::::::08::

Waiting For: something good
    Games Tried: SWTOR, Star Trek Online, EQ, EQ2, Earth and Beyond, Planetside, Lineage 2, Eve Online, WoW, City of Heroes, City of Villians, Auto Assault, Fallen Earth
    Star Wars: Galaxies - Ibra Olasi (Valcyn Server) [Dead, screw you SOE]

I hope we all get into beta ::::03::::::06::::::04::

• balle68balle68 Member Posts: 134

hehe to play a game with cars and first person shooter is my dream of rpg!

the beta will blow my mind and the whole game..........well i will blow lots of lots with brain cells!

Always do the right thing

• CthulhuvongCthulhuvong Member UncommonPosts: 433

If your head explodes can I have your account?

Waiting For: something good
    Games Tried: SWTOR, Star Trek Online, EQ, EQ2, Earth and Beyond, Planetside, Lineage 2, Eve Online, WoW, City of Heroes, City of Villians, Auto Assault, Fallen Earth
    Star Wars: Galaxies - Ibra Olasi (Valcyn Server) [Dead, screw you SOE]

• balle68balle68 Member Posts: 134
    eh.....ok!image

Always do the right thing