Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who else is super hyped about this game?

lunatislunatis Member UncommonPosts: 261
edited January 2020 in New World
In case you didn't know, New World is a new MMO developed by Amazon Games Studios.

The release date is May 2020, you can subscribe on NewWorld.com for beta access beginning in april.

There is an early test phase planned between now and april as well, but this is a closed test.

You WILL be able to stream the game during the beta in April, until then the game is still under NDA.

There WILL be a dev video detailing the hot topic of the moment in the New World Community, PVPVE, and it is planned for release this month (January).

The game is BUY TO PLAY, with NO monthly fees, there will be a cosmetics store in game to finance the game after launch. No P2W items are planned.

The game should feature extensive 50v50 players battles to determine who owns what land. Land owners will most likely have access to better crafting, more ressources and should be able to collect taxes from players who chose to build a home on their land according to an interview from a German mmo website.

Crafting and gathering will be a key element to be able to gear up for battle.

The type of PVP remains to be announced (open world, toggle, zones, wars only, factions?).

You will most likely lose items upon death. There may be a system for criminals depending of the type of PVP in the final version of the game. Get your bounty hunting ready just in case.

PVE will mostly be quest driven, NPC's will most likely be present in cities and around the map.

Combat should be aim based, damage should be based on where you hit the enemy and what kind of resistances the other player has on that part of his body. It should be dynamic. There will be classical weapons, magic yet has to be announced as is but we know some items can give you magical powers. We have seen siege weapons in the latest developer diary, so these might be craftable as well.

Voice chat is proximity based and group based. Don't run around screaming hail satan.

If you wish to discuss the game more, we have a discord here as well: https://discordapp.com/invite/vAWVwbG

Post edited by lunatis on

Comments

• DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701
    everything sounds good and fun, but i just cant let myself get hyped anymore about games coming out. been let down way to many times.

Will need to play the beta to see.
    Ir1shguynatpickRaquisTheocritusmcd6993Agent_JosephRich84RaidonnHatefullzacho56and 1 other.
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    I don't know enough about it yet to be super hyped.  I Need more information and streams from the devs, esp with recent changes on survival elements, pvp and pve.    It also seems like the game is coming out awfully fast which worries me........ how much content will it really have?
    KyleranIr1shguy

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    It is 2020 I would hope getting "hyped"  at this point is so last decade.
    KyleranTokkenIr1shguyAgent_JosephNorseGod
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Not hyped at all but if they have an open beta I'll take a peek and decide after that.
    Kyleran
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• SaunZSaunZ Member UncommonPosts: 472
    i am SO hyped
    getting hyped is fun
    we pay good money to get hyped
    do NOT ruin my hypeness!

Sz  :)
    KyleranTokkenAgent_JosephultimateduckHatefullIselin
  • ErevusErevus Member UncommonPosts: 135
    Well hyped or not I can foresee the future.
    Game releases - a ton of players bomb the launch date - servers down - after a month mmoers discover that it's not actually what they've been w8ing for but, as they always do, they get back to the game because of the huge playerbase.
    "Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know, that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom. (Death)”
    ― Terry Pratchett,

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Err, not so much actually.

Originally we were told its amazing architecture would allow for large scale, open world PVP fights.  

Now it will be limited to 50 on 50 arena fights? Lame.

Speaking of PVP, we "think" it's some form of loot on death design? As one who is far more likely to be the "lootee" rather than the looter get back to me when there is a clear answer.

Buy to pay with no monthly fees, just cosmetics in the store. Yeah, right.  Look, this is not my first rodeo and there is almost no way this will remain this way long term. 

Voice chat is both proximity and group based? So I'll be able to turn it off if I wish, yes? Don't laugh,  Bethedsa originally planned to release FO76 without an off switch but for once did the right thing adding it shortly before launch.

So much remains unknown about this game, I think I'll reserve my "hype" for a bit longer.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited January 2020
    Arterius said:

Again  though I have no dog in this race as I got the game for free.
    Freeloader eh?  ;)

I'll be surprised if some of those "cosmetics" aren't more QOL items which you'll find hard to resist buying if you want to make your experience more enjoyable.

Will be looking forward to your thoughts once you get a chance to play.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,179
    I'm not super hyped. I'm normal amount of hyped. Maybe a little underhyped at the moment.  I don't know if I can get hyped for a game anymore. I think I'm more hoped.

I hope it's fun. I'm super hoped about a lot of games this year. May they bring me several hours of joy. 

• MrTugglesMrTuggles Member UncommonPosts: 188
    I wouldn't say I am hyped about this game... I am more hyped about any game coming from an AAA budget.
  • AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    I don't know much about it.  I'm not sure that is a good thing.  I think I like what I know of how it might possibly be.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• azonic69azonic69 Member UncommonPosts: 103
    lunatis said:
    In case you didn't know, New World is a new MMO developed by Amazon Games Studios.

The release date is May 2020, you can subscribe on NewWorld.com for beta access beginning in april.

There is an early test phase planned between now and april as well, but this is a closed test.

You WILL be able to stream the game during the beta in April, until then the game is still under NDA.

There WILL be a dev video detailing the hot topic of the moment in the New World Community, PVPVE, and it is planned for release this month (January).

The game is BUY TO PLAY, with NO monthly fees, there will be a cosmetics store in game to finance the game after launch. No P2W items are planned.

The game should feature extensive 50v50 players battles to determine who owns what land. Land owners will most likely have access to better crafting, more ressources and should be able to collect taxes from players who chose to build a home on their land according to an interview from a German mmo website.

Crafting and gathering will be a key element to be able to gear up for battle.

The type of PVP remains to be announced (open world, toggle, zones, wars only, factions?).

You will most likely lose items upon death. There may be a system for criminals depending of the type of PVP in the final version of the game. Get your bounty hunting ready just in case.

PVE will mostly be quest driven, NPC's will most likely be present in cities and around the map.

Combat should be aim based, damage should be based on where you hit the enemy and what kind of resistances the other player has on that part of his body. It should be dynamic. There will be classical weapons, magic yet has to be announced as is but we know some items can give you magical powers. We have seen siege weapons in the latest developer diary, so these might be craftable as well.

Voice chat is proximity based and group based. Don't run around screaming hail satan.

If you wish to discuss the game more, we have a discord here as well: https://discordapp.com/invite/vAWVwbG

Most that have played it said it's not a good game.

Rovn
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    My hype level is near zero.When i have a hunch about a game,i am seldom ever wrong,the games are usually pretty much exactly what i thought they would be.

What the game could be if just to sum it up very quickly is perhaps a more robust survival game.
    However that does not mean any one system is done better than another game,combat character stuff might all be ho hum.

It is funny how the industry works right now.Every developer is offering half assed games but because there is nobody offering a AAA game,they are all accepted as "good enough" to buy.

What we see in the media are all the heavily marketed games,of course they are going to look better with big money pockets making cool videos to sell the game.Then make sure every site is showing off your game so that now it's hyped and everyone sees it.

Luckily i know what i am looking at,if i see something special i'll take note,sadly most every game is delivering same old and ho hum.It is the idea in EVERY game now,better graphics but sad game play.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• lunatislunatis Member UncommonPosts: 261
    azonic69 said:

That's not true.
    Rovn
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    lunatis said:
    azonic69 said:

That's not true.
    I have found the same thing, nothing good to say. May try beta if it comes up. If they have a trial when it launches, will do that as well. Nothing about this game looks good to me. Amazon is trying to make a game that supports their systems to make money, over making a good game. 
  • frostymugfrostymug Member RarePosts: 645
    If by super hyped you mean moderately interested, I might be
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    you guys who get hyped by promises never learn
    KyleranTheocritus
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • GeekyGeeky Member UncommonPosts: 446
    This game already exsists in many forms.  Arx, Rust, any other "survival mmo" etc.
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    I'm excited that I got multiple copies for free already :)

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    I'm excited that I got multiple copies for free already :)

Lucky you! I've been watching the game in the beginning (even got accepted into beta), but with real life stuff didn't have any chance to check it out and completely forgot about the game.
    zacho56

• lunatislunatis Member UncommonPosts: 261
    Nanfoodle said:
    lunatis said:
    azonic69 said:

That's not true.
    I have found the same thing, nothing good to say. May try beta if it comes up. If they have a trial when it launches, will do that as well. Nothing about this game looks good to me. Amazon is trying to make a game that supports their systems to make money, over making a good game. 

Have you even played the alpha? Lol.
  • SpiiderSpiider Member RarePosts: 1,135
    Its amazon. I cannot be hyped at all.
    But I will give it a chance, just as I did to life is feudal, atlas, rust etc.
    Theocritus

No fate but what we make, so make me a ham sandwich please.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    From what I’ve read they’ve screwed up the pvp (which was the appeal) by not implementing any type of risk/punishment system. This caused them to and a WoW like toggle to open world pvp. 

By adding a toggle there will be 0 resource control, 0 enforceable territory control. 0 emergent player created content. 
    BruceYee[Deleted User]
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 1,019
    We'll see how PvP turns out.
    I don't need to get FFA'd down to my undies to enjoy some good PvP.
    It's going to be totally different than what I played during the first week of alpha though.
    I'm always a little hyped and hopeful of new games coming out, no matter how many let downs I've lived through.
    They can't all be bad....right?

I tried to see how long it's been in development, since it's coming out May '20. Show these dev's how to churn some shit out already!

Gut Out!
    lunatis

What, me worry?