Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMO of the Decade

xD_GamingxD_Gaming Member EpicPosts: 2,664
edited December 2019 in The Pub at MMORPG.COM
So there's been a ton a mmo's in the last 10 years and out of those game I cam to the conclusion. 

My pick for mmo of the decade is  Black Desert Online. Black Desert Online has done the impossible. Created a fresh new game world that isn't like anything else currently available. Combat, enhancement, life skills, and rts style of worker controls make Black Desert stand out from the rest. 

Remember this decade started in 2010. 2010 clips off some of the earlier games like Lord of The Rings, Age of Conan , Lineage 2, Vanguard and more. All those games adhered to a general hierarchy of mmo design.  Black Desert is one of the few games that really broke that mold and was successful at it. 

KaoKao's ability of retaining a large player base not only on P.C. but the console and mobile markets proves they have a great sense of how to move forward with the titles they have, that can't be said for a lot of companies. 

The other aspect of BDO is the way housing works. With housing being something that is customizable and functional, it also gives a place to  call home. House by the ocean for easy boat access or a house  /apartment in land for farming. Life skills help to really reinforce that feeling of , this  is my home.  Many games fall short with players standing around in the middle of a city or town with no place to call home. Black Desert Online really got it right in housing functionality. 

Black Desert, my game of the Decade, what's your's ?

There is a multiverse inside our minds which millions live.
Twitter : @xD_Gaming_Merch
xD Merch : https://bit.ly/2v13MT8
"Dragons are tilly folly !"
Post edited by xD_Gaming on
Mikeha

Comments

• Vermillion_RaventhalVermillion_Raventhal Member EpicPosts: 4,099
    WoW is still it probably.  Most MMORPG are still based around the concepts, UI and the like.  
    xD_GamingBaemir
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 2,958
    For me it has been Path of exile but not an MMO and for what came out this month i havent really played any MMO other than neverwinter
    KyleranxD_Gamingultimateduckkertin
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 7,366
     BDO broke molds now .. lmao
    MMOExposed
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,206
    Remember this decade started in 2010. 2010 clips off some of the earlier games like Lord of The Rings, Age of Conan [...]
    ... and I'm still playing both, just as I did all through these 10 years, so I guess that could be the answer :)

But there was an another on my main games rotation, even if only for a half of the decade, which clearly deserves that position "of the decade" for me, and it was TSW.
    Awesome game... RIP.
    xD_Gaming
  • RemaliRemali Member UncommonPosts: 489
    BDO is the best mmo for me also but damn it gets a lot of hate and missinformation
    Some times I wonder if the haters have played it or just jump in the Korean hating bandwagon ;)
    xD_GamingMikehaAzaron_Nightblade
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 36,348
    I'm going with the usual, "None of the above."

I just can't see voting for a "sucked less than everything else" or "best of the worst option."

Hasn't been a good MMORPG created since 2004.

:D 
    NorseGodPhaserlightPalebanepicommanderxD_GamingXodicMikehaMendelnewbismxBaemir

"See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing FO76 at the moment.

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,634
    edited January 7
    Kyleran said:

I just can't see voting for a "sucked less than everything else" or "best of the worst option."

Post edited by NorseGod on
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,113
    Guild Wars 2
    Rift
    xD_Gaming

Remali said:
    BDO is the best mmo for me also but damn it gets a lot of hate and missinformation
    Some times I wonder if the haters have played it or just jump in the Korean hating bandwagon ;)
    not going to lie. I hate that game, but not because its Korean. Like WTF who greenlit Gender locked classes? No Male Dark Knights and stuff like that ruined the experience for me. 
    xD_GamingBlueliner

Kyleran said:

But thats how Democracy in the United States have worked for decades. 
    KyleranxD_Gaming

• PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 3,930
    edited January 1
    For me its between ESO and Destiny 2 but only because I’ve played and enjoyed them. I can’t honestly say I’ve tried any other MMOs in the last decade. I tried Path of Exile but dont consider that mmo.

Post edited by Palebane on
    xD_Gaming

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 22,092
    I'm in favor of waiting another year to decide on the MMO of the decade, as there's another full year and change to come.  Unless "decade" is just an arbitrary collection of ten consecutive years, so that 2013-2022 is a perfectly good "decade".
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 7,366
    Quizzical said:
    I'm in favor of waiting another year to decide on the MMO of the decade, as there's another full year and change to come.  Unless "decade" is just an arbitrary collection of ten consecutive years, so that 2013-2022 is a perfectly good "decade".

your in luck , technically the new decade does not start till 2021
    KyleranBaemir
    Quizzical said:
    Another year won't save this dumpster fire. Nothing is even coming out for years.

Calling a standard unit of measurement "arbitrary" was edgy though.
    Baemir
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • ArteriusArterius Member EpicPosts: 2,832
    MMO of the decade. Would have to give it WoW. Even after all this time people are still chasing after its success and though it doesn't have the popularity it did in 2010 it is still a very popular game.
    KumaponKyleranxD_GamingkertinBaemir
    Currently playing: Outer Worlds (Xbox One X)

Currently Reading: Skaven Slayer (Gotrek and Felix Book 2)

Currently Writing: Champions of Legend Book 1 (3rd Draft)

Currently Watching: Oz (Season 4), Soprano's (Season 1)

NorseGod said:
    Quizzical said:
    Another year won't save this dumpster fire. Nothing is even coming out for years.

If 2010-2019 is a decade, then is 1 BC through 9 AD also a decade?
    Kyleran said:

Uncharted Waters Online didn't launch until 2005, and the English version of it didn't come until 2010.  Regardless of which date you choose, that's a great MMORPG after 2004.
    Kyleran
    Quizzical said:
    NorseGod said:
    Quizzical said:

0-9.

Let's do centuries now. The 20th century started in what year?
  • WhiskeyZuluWhiskeyZulu Member UncommonPosts: 15
    WoW has dominated for so long people want to ignore it, but it has been the game of since it was born really, not just decade.

ESO could have been special, but they just don't have enough classes to keep me engaged.  It is one of the games I play though, like WoW.

BDO does deserve credit for carving out its own niche but there are too many things about it that come up short.  I have tried to force feed myself BDO on a few occasions and can't do it.

I'm basically hoping for a new game where they're smart enough to take from the successes of other MMOs.  It's coming, we just have to get through this era of "hey let's make a sandbox where players make the world and btw there's no classes everyone is everything weeeeee."
    KyleranBaemir
  • RobokappRobokapp Member RarePosts: 6,208
    WoW is still it probably.  Most MMORPG are still based around the concepts, UI and the like.  
    yup. it's WoW. let's see where we are in 2030 but I predict also WoW.
    KyleranxD_GamingVermillion_Raventhal

NorseGod said:
    Quizzical said:
    NorseGod said:
    Quizzical said:

0-9.

There was no year 0.

The 20th century AD started in 1901.  If you don't want to restrict to AD, then we don't know when the first century was.
    MendelNorseGod
  • xD_GamingxD_Gaming Member EpicPosts: 2,664
    edited January 1
    Quizzical said:
    0 - 9 is a decade.  2020 is the beginning of the second decade of the millennium. 

cheebaNorseGod
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member EpicPosts: 8,541
    edited January 1
    Spent most of 2010-2019 bouncing between WoW and new MMOs that sucked lol. So WoW wins for what I have played most but I have rediscovered ESO 7 months ago and I have not had this much fun since my first love, EQ1 back in 1999. Not sure I will ever return to the grind of WoW again. 
    xD_GamingPalebane
  • xD_GamingxD_Gaming Member EpicPosts: 2,664
    Quizzical said:
    NorseGod said:
    Quizzical said:
    NorseGod said:
    Quizzical said:

0-9.

There was no year 0.

The 20th century AD started in 1901.  If you don't want to restrict to AD, then we don't know when the first century was.
    a century is from  0 - 21 , it is accumulation of 100 years. 

the 20th Century started on 1900, s you add 100years to 1900  you come to 2000 the millennia which is the 21st century. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Century

• XodicXodic Member EpicPosts: 1,138
    edited January 1
    The 21st century started in 2001...
    Y2K confused the hell out of me too.

@Quizzical is correct. There's no such thing as 0AD. The year of a date doesn't represent how many years have passed.
    MendelSovrath