Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do you decide which game to play when you multi game.

CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
edited December 2019 in The Pub at MMORPG.COM
I am a one game at a time guy, so usually there is no dilemma. Recently, i am playing games concurrently. 

Project Entropia: can play passively while i study, watch football, or play path of exile. However the game is kind of boring. Got back into it while i studied for my exam. 

Path of exile: It is a very relaxing game for me. Game is alwaya my go to. It is a bit boring compared to SC 2.

Starcraft 2: Best to get my blood flowing, but very stressful. I cannot play if i am stressed out even the tiniest amount as it is not relaxing, more competitive.
Only game i really stream.

I havent been playing much of SC 2 because it is so stressful and draining. But then i know if i dont keep playing, i lose my skills. Which then hinders me more to play again.

After i play path of exile, i just feel relaxed but not fulfilled. Project entropia is perfect to get me to do something i dont want to do, like study for things.

Either way, this is my recent thought process now that i am concurrently playing games for the first time in forever. 

Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
Kraxxin

Comments

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432
    My mood defines that.

Sometimes, though, I can sit with indecision about which game to boot up ;)

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• KraxxinKraxxin Member UncommonPosts: 38
    edited December 2019
    I'm currently playing several games as well. Depending on mood and sobriety, determines which ones gets play time.

Euro Truck Sim 2 = I have to consume the Devil's lettuce to even think of playing this,even for a few minutes. Otherwise it doesn't appeal to me. 

Seven Days to Die = I just re-downloaded it the other day after a few months break. I play this when I'm more in a crafting/hunting/gathering mood and want to do endless amounts of "stuff"

Crossout = For when I want to scratch the pvp itch. (nice way of saying when I want to cause destruction and kill people) I play this for maybe 30min at a time. Just a few rounds.

ArcheAge Unchained = I have to have at least one mmorpg in my life, been that way since Anarchy Online. I just love watching train wrecks for some reason, as in this case. The game is good, don't get me wrong, it's the management that sucks. I play this a few times daily, both regions. 

Throw in Subnautica and Raft, and that completes the various games I cycle. 
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    People play multiple games at the same time?

Weird....just don't do it, I never have.

;)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    If you can play multiple games at the same time, one or more of these is clearly not worth your time.
    Kyleran
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    For relaxing: LotRO
    For some action: Bloodstained
    For grinding: PoE
    For roleplaying: Kingmaker
    For something moody: Metro Exodus
    For all of the above: any Monster Hunter

Just playing one game, how silly. You don’t eat pizza every day of the week either.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• DafAtRandomDafAtRandom Member UncommonPosts: 124
    Given my alias here it may not sound too far fetched, but I roll randomly to figure it out.  There is nothing like leaving it to the random gods to completely crush indecision.
    I've been doing this for years and it works for me.  A bit strange, I'm sure, but I'm never debating which game I should play atm and never lose precious gaming time trying to decide.
    lahnmir
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    As a professional game hopper (haha) usually my method is following events...
    I have main and second level games, switch the mains every 1-2 months to avoid burnout, and mix in 1 or 2 from the bottom "shelf". And for the reason of where to switch I use the news and plan ahead. I follow my main games pretty closely to know what's in the queue, back in the previous iteration of the site I even kept bombarding Suzie about the infos of less popular games (mostly CO and AoC) :)

So, when there's something fun-looking is approaching, whether it's official like the seasonal winter events in most games, or player-made like a concert series or a costume contest etc. I hop on to that game, and then usually stay for a few weeks before move on to the next.

(since even my "youngest" game is 10 years old, obviously the more common MMORPG reasons like "I wanna try this class" etc. are n/a for me, as an altoholic -and moderately completionist- I've played mostly everything within those games already...)
    edited December 2019
    lahnmir said:
    For relaxing: LotRO
    For some action: Bloodstained
    For grinding: PoE
    For roleplaying: Kingmaker
    For something moody: Metro Exodus
    For all of the above: any Monster Hunter

Just playing one game, how silly. You don’t eat pizza every day of the week either.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    I would eat pizza every day, but my wife won't let me.

:# 

But more than one game....eww...

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    The same way I decide what to eat, what to wear, what to watch on TV, where to go .....  
    gervaise1 said:
    The same way I decide what to eat, what to wear, what to watch on TV, where to go .....  
    Dartboard?  ;)
    AlBQuirky

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    edited December 2019
    I think I misinterpreted the OP. I thought he was literally referring to two or more games being played at the same time (like one active game and one AFK game).

Yeah, I'll alternate games for a pacebreaker. Often totally opposite games for different moods or to cleanse my pallet.

Fire Emblem for strategy. 

An RPG (usually a JRPG) for story (currently the Outer Worlds)

An action game - the more mindless, the better, as a pallet cleanser (currently using Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3). 
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    If I play concurrently I will play one that requires attention, and everything else is idle or offline play that requires little or no attention.
    If I play concurrently I will play one that requires attention, and everything else is idle or offline play that requires little or no attention.
    Have I got the perfect game for you then.

;)

https://massivelyop.com/2019/12/29/lineage-2-revolution-introduces-a-self-playing-offline-mode-for-easy-hunting-and-conquest/

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    edited December 2019
    Lately I've been playing ,
    The Division 1, leveling up a new character to replay the main storyline,
    GW2, a few dynamic events and some world bosses. 
    ESO, taking an alt through Southern Elsweyr storyline.

My decision is usually based on current content I like or have liked in the past, new classes, or special promotions.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432
    Kyleran said:
    People play multiple games at the same time?

Weird....just don't do it, I never have.

;)
    There can be drawbacks. Sometimes key layouts change among different games.

Don't play Morrowind and Skyrim anywhere near close to each other, unless you rebind some keys. Fallout 3 and New Vegas are also bad to play near Skyrim or Morrowind.
    Kyleran

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR