Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Desert Mobile Receives First Major Update and New Region - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited December 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageBlack Desert Mobile Receives First Major Update and New Region - MMORPG.com

Black Desert Mobile has received its first content update with various holiday event now live.

Read the full story here

Comments

• GreatswordGreatsword Member RarePosts: 355
    Great, new zones to autoplay.
  • Hashcow101Hashcow101 Member UncommonPosts: 105
    At least this game finally admitted it's true purpose that it was always a mobile game and never ment for mouse and keyboard only touch screen and controller.
    Gdemami

"May Your Head Explode And Blood Swell From The Wound"
    - Hashcow

• vampywiz17vampywiz17 Member UncommonPosts: 15

I dont understand only thing... OK most of mobile MMO-s is autoplay, because the genre is requie it. But! Why mostly all of them? All mobile MMO topics or google play votes lot of player say that the autoplay is awful. Why not make a company a next gen mobile MMO without autoplay?

I know, few of them is exist, but they was a old or low cost games.

OK suppose that the without autoplay mobile MMO is a "sub-genre" or only a part of the gamers like it, but in the past, lot of developer (AAA-s maybe...) created "layer" games...
  • renstarensta Member RarePosts: 728

I dont understand only thing... OK most of mobile MMO-s is autoplay, because the genre is requie it. But! Why mostly all of them? All mobile MMO topics or google play votes lot of player say that the autoplay is awful. Why not make a company a next gen mobile MMO without autoplay?

I know, few of them is exist, but they was a old or low cost games.

OK suppose that the without autoplay mobile MMO is a "sub-genre" or only a part of the gamers like it, but in the past, lot of developer (AAA-s maybe...) created "layer" games...

because most people enjoy autoplay. makes more money.
    FolmenGdemami

Basically clicking away text windows ruins every MMO, try to have fun instead of rushing things. Without story and lore all there is left is a bunch of mechanics.
    Add Multi-Quote

• APThugAPThug Member RarePosts: 543
    I dont care about mobile gaming anymore but i did play a few of the semi mmoish games, and they all had autoplay.

To act as devil's advocate (my thoughts on the subject) a game that had auto play just made things go a lot faster and more efficient. Is it fun to just watch your character kill stuff all on its it's own? Not really, but it did allow me to do other things. Like I could be watching a show or movie while I'm grinding on summoner's war. Or playing a game on PC, while occasionally making sure my characters were doing what there supposed to be doing on the mobile game.

I didnt think I would like it because I'm a very action oriented person. I love playing difficult games like the souls like genre. But if the game is doing a bunch of other stuff right, I dont really care if it has autoplay, unless it's a PC game. I avoid those. On mobile, it doesnt bother me. It's like the equivalency of one of those auto clicker games to help pass the time in like 5 to 10 minute intervals.

• Jester135Jester135 Member UncommonPosts: 21
    Hrm its not like its forcing you into autoplay. I do use the feature when I go to work, but when I'm actually able to play, I don't use the autoplay. When I play manually, I can beat stuff higher level than me(recommended cp higher than my own). Like the boss rushes, yea it takes longer because im 100-200cp lower. But I am able to beat because I can dodge, compared to autoplay where your char doesn't dodge. PvP has no autoplay. So bottom line, its up to you how you want to enjoy it. Watch your char kick a** on its own, or play manually come up with your own skill rotation and get the dodge timing down for different bosses. I do get hampered by the RNG sometimes, because there are things I just can't do with my cp being lower than where I am on the story.
    Gdemami
  • MandaloreMandalore Member UncommonPosts: 131
    I think the combat is quite fun for a mobile game and it looks great. I use a mix of manual and auto play. And even with autoplay there is stuff to do (learn skills, upgrade, ... ) while grinding.

Sure its p2w and all that, but just for some fun on the side it is a nice game.

-------------------------------------
     Playing: Overwatch, Genshin Impact, Black Desert Mobile, Hundred Soul, Cyberpunk 2077
     Inactive: WAR, DAoC, RIFT, GW1/2, TSW, Age of Wulin, Black Desert, Blade & Soul, Skyforge

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    Mandalore said:
    I think the combat is quite fun for a mobile game and it looks great. I use a mix of manual and auto play. And even with autoplay there is stuff to do (learn skills, upgrade, ... ) while grinding.

Sure its p2w and all that, but just for some fun on the side it is a nice game.
    There are many missions you can't use autoplay, so you have to use manual mode some of the time. 

Autoplay is even making it's way to PC MMOs now. Mostly asian games. Nobody wants to grind anymore, but the industry can't figure out any other way to progress.

• JuteboxJutebox Member UncommonPosts: 9
    I agree, p2w garbage.
  • jazneojazneo Member UncommonPosts: 52
    it good game if you not near your pc. way better then other phone mmorpg out there
    Mikeha
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    edited December 2019
     ;)