Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArcheAge Live Stream Calls For More Player Feedback and Touches On ArchePass - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited December 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageArcheAge Live Stream Calls For More Player Feedback and Touches On ArchePass - MMORPG.com

In case you missed it, the latest ArcheAge live stream discussed calls for player feedback, the ArchePass, match server, and more.

Read the full story here

Comments

• jahlonjahlon Member UncommonPosts: 388
    This livestream was such a disaster.

Gamigo seems to want to care about their game, but they just can't seem to get anything fixed or executed right.

chocolate42069grimal
  • AlpiusAlpius Member UncommonPosts: 247
    i like popping into the official discord every once in a while.... then run away scared from the walls of hate from the players
  • Haki88Haki88 Member UncommonPosts: 230
    Scamigo!
    GamePlay4USailorMomTheJodachocolate42069
  • HoldslowhopeHoldslowhope Member UncommonPosts: 42
    edited December 2019
    You cant take the pay out of a pay to win game and think you fixed the game.. when cheaters are 9k plus gear score 1 shotting you whats the point of playing?
    iixviiiixSailorMomAlomarchocolate42069
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited December 2019

DMKano said:

jahlon said:

Gamigo seems to want to care about their game, but they just can't seem to get anything fixed or executed right.

Because like I've been telling all here before launch - Gamigo itself internally is a complete mess - a disaster in itself. Nothing good could ever come from Gamigo - as they are only focused on short term profits and are utterly inept at maintaining anything positive longterm

Its funny too because since the actual launch, all the ones that were willing to die on their swords for the 'Unchained' version suddenly went silent. Don't worry though guys, I'm sure when they unless the "Unleashed Unchained" version which will have a buy-in price+sub+cash shop, they'll get it right. That business model seems to keep netting FFXIV the mmorpg of the year the past 4-5 years or so on this site. Probably just shows more of how bad the competition has been for the past decade.
    chocolate42069
  • DorrianDorrian Member UncommonPosts: 16
    Yeah XL know.. Yeah were waiting on XL... XL has to let us know... XL is working on it... waiting to hear back from XL... anyone sense a pattern here? was the same ole thing before w/ Trion too
  • LukzfreshLukzfresh Member UncommonPosts: 125
    I quit the game because of Rez stone farming. Need to put something in place that the same person can’t kill you 30 times over in 10mins -_- (high levels farming low levels at Rez stone).
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,364

Lukzfresh said:

I quit the game because of Rez stone farming. Need to put something in place that the same person can’t kill you 30 times over in 10mins -_- (high levels farming low levels at Rez stone).

lol f2p p2w pvp games....
    Alomar
  • iixviiiixiixviiiix Member RarePosts: 2,256
    You cant take the pay out of a pay to win game and think you fixed the game.. when cheaters are 9k plus gear score 1 shotting you whats the point of playing?
    They don't even try to fix it ,
    they just removed something and will put it back later when the number of player is low and turn it to P2W  again

Basically , trick and trap
  • XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739
    The game seems to go in reverse development.  It gets more buggy and crashes more, the longer the game is out.  I have a fairly new gaming computer, and I often can't even play for 1 hour doing dailies without disconnecting or crashing.  It is the only game I have that it happens.  People give them feedback and such all the time, they seem to ignore it.  People rarely use their forums or expect anything from them now.  Gamigo's communication is horrible.  I joke that the game is on auto-pilot now all the time.  I am on legacy, no way I would of started over for unchained, and I knew their was over a 90% chance they would screw it up anyway.
    iixviiiixchocolate42069
  • F2PlagueF2Plague Member UncommonPosts: 232
    edited December 2019
    @Albatroes

Its funny too because since the actual launch, all the ones that were willing to die on their swords for the 'Unchained' version suddenly went silent. Don't worry though guys, I'm sure when they unless the "Unleashed Unchained" version which will have a buy-in price+sub+cash shop, they'll get it right. That business model seems to keep netting FFXIV the mmorpg of the year the past 4-5 years or so on this site. Probably just shows more of how bad the competition has been for the past decade.

As much as I am against Box price+Sub+Cash Shop. Square Enix has always been more than reasonable with their prices. Everything on their cash shop is entirely cosmetic. And the game itself comes with the ability to change your appearance any time you want for a piddling amount of in game currency (which is almost unheard of). Selling some cosmetics in a cash shop is more than okay in my opinion, and seems to be okay for millions of other players. Especially when they don't charge nearly full box price for the game/expansions.

Account services and cosmetics are sold at damn reasonable prices compared to other companies (looking at you Blizzard). For instance.. an Appearance/gender change in WoW costs $15 USD.. which is ridiculous considering the pathetic amount of customization they offer. While an appearance/gender change in FFXIV costs $10 USD and can regularly be found on sale for $5 USD (I have never seen Blizzard offer a sale on account services).

FFXIV has many faults to be honest I don't even play it anymore, but to drag it through the mud and even go so far as to mention it in a post about Archeage in an attempt to make a comparison is asinine.

Have to wonder where your head is at. FFXIV is a well put together AAA title by the legendary Square Enix. Archeage Unchained is recycled garbage spewed out for the millionth time by a sub par NA publisher... there is no comparison to make.
    JakeSimAlomarAsch126chocolate42069
    edited December 2019
    F2Plague said:
    @Albatroes

"As much as I am against Box price+Sub+Cash Shop. Square Enix has always been more than reasonable with their prices. Everything on their cash shop is entirely cosmetic. And the game itself comes with the ability to change your appearance any time you want for a piddling amount of in game currency (which is almost unheard of). Selling some cosmetics in a cash shop is more than okay in my opinion, and seems to be okay for millions of other players. Especially when they don't charge nearly full box price for the game/expansions.

Account services and cosmetics are sold at damn reasonable prices compared to other companies (looking at you Blizzard). For instance.. an Appearance/gender change in WoW costs $15 USD.. which is ridiculous considering the pathetic amount of customization they offer. While an appearance/gender change in FFXIV costs $10 USD and can regularly be found on sale for $5 USD (I have never seen Blizzard offer a sale on account services).

FFXIV has many faults to be honest I don't even play it anymore, but to drag it through the mud and even go so far as to mention it in a post about Archeage in an attempt to make a comparison is asinine.

Have to wonder where your head is at. FFXIV is a well put together AAA title by the legendary Square Enix. Archeage Unchained is recycled garbage spewed out for the millionth time by a sub par NA publisher... there is no comparison to make."

Yet Blizzard doesn't let you rent space/auction house slots like SE does (aka retainers, which you can have up to 9-10 per month if you pay for them) but I'm sure you're going to say that extra space/auction slots is "optional" right? Couple that with their cosmetic sells being debateable at best. For example, about 60% or so of the cosmetics are character bound with 20% of those being gender specific. Now sure, FFXIV is a game where you can do everything on a single character, but be prepared to pony up if you want those things on another character or if you gender change. Hell, even the new races are a mess with the only way of being able to change hair styles for them atm is to buy a fantasia. Cosmetic-wise, Blizzard has SE beat since EVERY cosmetic is account-wide and they dont sell you space/auction-slots.
    Asch126
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    They could start by getting rid of premium servers reverting the game how it used to be the so called pay 2 win, give daily login rewards, and other ways to obtain cash shop items as a free player, problem solved :3.
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    edited December 2019
    I've been considering buying the game for about 20€ and just play to craft and explore. I will do stuff during peace time and I'm not concerned about the pvp aspect.

Granted there will be times I will be killed but I am fine with that. From the videos I have watched I'm definitely interested in the housing, farming and commercial trade runs. I think I will just play for fun and see how it goes. 
    Post edited by cheyane on
    ScorchienPesky
    Chamber of Chains
    edited December 2019
    Albatroes said:
    F2Plague said:
    @Albatroes

"As much as I am against Box price+Sub+Cash Shop. Square Enix has always been more than reasonable with their prices. Everything on their cash shop is entirely cosmetic. And the game itself comes with the ability to change your appearance any time you want for a piddling amount of in game currency (which is almost unheard of). Selling some cosmetics in a cash shop is more than okay in my opinion, and seems to be okay for millions of other players. Especially when they don't charge nearly full box price for the game/expansions.

Have to wonder where your head is at. FFXIV is a well put together AAA title by the legendary Square Enix. Archeage Unchained is recycled garbage spewed out for the millionth time by a sub par NA publisher... there is no comparison to make."

Yet Blizzard doesn't let you rent space/auction house slots like SE does (aka retainers, which you can have up to 9-10 per month if you pay for them) but I'm sure you're going to say that extra space/auction slots is "optional" right? Couple that with their cosmetic sells being debateable at best. For example, about 60% or so of the cosmetics are character bound with 20% of those being gender specific. Now sure, FFXIV is a game where you can do everything on a single character, but be prepared to pony up if you want those things on another character or if you gender change. Hell, even the new races are a mess with the only way of being able to change hair styles for them atm is to buy a fantasia. Cosmetic-wise, Blizzard has SE beat since EVERY cosmetic is account-wide and they dont sell you space/auction-slots.
    How many retainers do you need for crying out loud. That is a ridiculous complaint considering I used 2 of them when I played. If you're some kind no life player you may need the number you're talking about in which case pay for them. The number  they give is more than adequate. 
    Post edited by cheyane on
    Chamber of Chains
  • GamePlay4UGamePlay4U Member UncommonPosts: 39
    Fool me once Gamigo, shame on you. Fool me twice... Well fuck.
  • crankkedcrankked Member UncommonPosts: 284

Warlyx said:

Lukzfresh said:

lol f2p p2w pvp games....

It's buy to play, but mostly accurate..though rez stone camping would happen in a monthly sub game, it's just a part of pvp.

And people wonder why the majority of players want nothing to do with PVP in these games.
    AlomarPesky
    edited December 2019
    cheyane said:
    Albatroes said:
    F2Plague said:
    @Albatroes

How many retainers do you need for crying out loud. That is a ridiculous complaint considering I used 2 of them when I played. If you're some kind no life player you may need the number you're talking about in which case pay for them. The number  they give is more than adequate. 

That's logical in your mind given that its a p2p game? How does having a retainer equate to a large play time? You do know they sell retainer boosts as well right?

This is the cult ideology of this game I spoke of. Not only do you have to buy the game as well as each expansion, but you have to pay a sub ontop of that and there's micro-transactions. In essence, no different than WoW, sure. But you're defending additional purchases that influence gameplay (in this case how many items a person can hold as well as how many they can sell, while also not forgetting you get extra space if you get the app sub as well) simply because you don't see the need in investing in it. This is exactly why micro-transactions in general have gotten to the point that they have. Hell, even I let some of the things slide in FFXIV that shouldn't exist, like them selling cosmetics that have exp bonuses on them, simply because if you play the game enough, you start to see how useless those games are. Even still, in the type of model this game has, should they exist in the first place as an external purchase? My apologies, I keep calling those things a purchase when they are just rental fees.

Now this post isn't trying to change the cult mindset, or trying to defend WoW since I feel the game is garbage under Ion's leadership, but more so to make people aware of how each of these games truly operates. Trying to call out Blizzard on monetization by using SE as a counter-weight is purely idiotic given that they are no where near as egregious as them and even publicly show they donate at least twice a year. When was the last time SE did? Like 6 months or so ago when they donated 500k to veterans or something? Yet Blizzard gets so much backlash for capping a toy's donations at 3M yet people don't even research that NONE of their donation toys have ever pulled in 3M in the first place.
  • RunRabbitRunRabbit Newbie CommonPosts: 15

DMKano said:

jahlon said:

Because like I've been telling all here before launch - Gamigo itself internally is a complete mess - a disaster in itself. Nothing good could ever come from Gamigo - as they are only focused on short term profits and are utterly inept at maintaining anything positive longterm

I cannot agree more. Also they took over aeria games. Shit + shit = big turd
  • MD24MD24 Member UncommonPosts: 24
    your own greedy destroyed this game, now begging players to save your arse?
  • TalemireTalemire Member UncommonPosts: 839
    edited December 2019
    Meh, I'm enjoying it. Honestly, name me one other MMORPG that's a persistent open world with non-instanced player housing, collision detection, sea battles, faction-based open world PvP, mounted combat, hidden quests, castle sieges, air/glider combat, various means of progression, freedom to build the character you want, and even a judicial system. My point is, the game stands alone in first place when it comes to everything that makes an MMORPG an MMORPG. Runescape pales, Legends or Aria pales, Albion Online pales, Everquest 2 pales, Guild Wars 2 pales. Everything else out there just doesn't have the full recipe. Is it executed perfectly? No, but I didn't hold that against Vanguard either when it was that one other game I could name that also had it all. Unless another developer can produce something not garbage, this is the full MMORPG experience.
    Post edited by Talemire on
    patience13pinealcheyanechocolate42069Pesky
    Isaiah 41:10
  • pinealpineal Member UncommonPosts: 25

Talemire said:

Meh, I'm enjoying it. Honestly, name me one other MMORPG that's a persistent open world with non-instanced player housing, collision detection, sea battles, faction-based open world PvP, mounted combat, hidden quests, castle sieges, air/glider combat, various means of progression, freedom to build the character you want, and even a judicial system. My point is, the game stands alone in first place when it comes to everything that makes an MMORPG an MMORPG. Runescape pales, Legends or Aria pales, Albion Online pales, Everquest 2 pales, Guild Wars 2 pales. Everything else out there just doesn't have the full recipe. Is it executed perfectly? No, but I didn't hold that against Vanguard either when it was that one other game I could name that also had it all. Unless another developer can produce something not garbage, this is the full MMORPG experience.

COMPLETELY agree with you so much, we need more self aware comments like this. Reading usual hate comments on Archeage is so cringeworthy. I mean, people here actively trying to turn people away from the game, while complaining "they haven't answered my ticket for a month".

You're not doing the games success any favours by trash talking it, it doesn't benefit you and it doesn't benefit the company, and if you say "I don't care if the game fails!", well you better cancel that ticket you have open then and permanently quit the game.

It's essentially a skeleton crew that revived the game and are trying to be as professional as possible. Do you think they want the game to die and to scam people or do you think they are trying to make the game successful to have a long life span to support both them and their players? Like wtf, people need to seriously grow up. Yes, you do realize companies need to make money to run companies? Lol. I always think it's probably just kids, but the truth is you're probably all over 20-30.

Keep leaving hateful comments while playing the game at the same time, it will get us all very far :)

Archeage is a great MMO and right now there's honestly nothing better.
    grimal
  • hyllyhhyllyh Member UncommonPosts: 477
    edited December 2019
    honnestly, i took it as it was : a scam
    so for the first time, i do RMT (it's bad, i know) and only with one account (imagine ppl with 3 account..)
    now gold to sell is cheap as fuck and i'll quit soon.
    for 20$, you get a main and one alt (harany and pirate) use to do a routine now : trade pack (harany --> pirate and reverse from villanelle) afk halcy for honor (easy afk, no more kick now) whalesong and aegis too afk (stay in the pack) sell daily honor for lunagem and since i got astra wings, illegal farm in a near unreacheable place without now.
    they said they will do something against it, i'm still waiting to wake up and suffer the banhammer but... nothing!
    i dont use bot program or whatever, just use archepass on monday to get a lot of labor pots and diligence (these too sell well the first days, providing a lot of gold)
    now the game is daily brainless zerg and if i couldn't get some $$ from it, i ve quitted since week.
    i feel the end of holidays mark a turn in population numbers, we'll see...

for new players, 20$ is affordable for this mode (no p2w) but you'll never be competitive if you dont spent hours (many) in this game or like some of leaderbord guys, bought some gold from... :)

have fun, it really have many good point to enjoy, if it was released without, hiram, keeping the crafting spirit, i'll give more serious time in.

about CM, khrolan disapear weeks ago and now i feel bad for carendash, alone in his video, trying to save the ship.
    Talemire said:
    Thanks for this. Yeah I'm trying it for sure and what you wrote is true. There are a tonne of things to do in game. Watching the videos made me realise how involved the systems are and you have to do some research (which I enjoy) before playing or you might make mistakes. 
    Chamber of Chains
  • Asch126Asch126 Member RarePosts: 543

Albatroes said:

cheyane said:

Albatroes said:

F2Plague said:

@Albatroes

That's logical in your mind given that its a p2p game? How does having a retainer equate to a large play time? You do know they sell retainer boosts as well right?

This is the cult ideology of this game I spoke of. Not only do you have to buy the game as well as each expansion, but you have to pay a sub ontop of that and there's micro-transactions. In essence, no different than WoW, sure. But you're defending additional purchases that influence gameplay (in this case how many items a person can hold as well as how many they can sell, while also not forgetting you get extra space if you get the app sub as well) simply because you don't see the need in investing in it. This is exactly why micro-transactions in general have gotten to the point that they have. Hell, even I let some of the things slide in FFXIV that shouldn't exist, like them selling cosmetics that have exp bonuses on them, simply because if you play the game enough, you start to see how useless those games are. Even still, in the type of model this game has, should they exist in the first place as an external purchase? My apologies, I keep calling those things a purchase when they are just rental fees.

Now this post isn't trying to change the cult mindset, or trying to defend WoW since I feel the game is garbage under Ion's leadership, but more so to make people aware of how each of these games truly operates. Trying to call out Blizzard on monetization by using SE as a counter-weight is purely idiotic given that they are no where near as egregious as them and even publicly show they donate at least twice a year. When was the last time SE did? Like 6 months or so ago when they donated 500k to veterans or something? Yet Blizzard gets so much backlash for capping a toy's donations at 3M yet people don't even research that NONE of their donation toys have ever pulled in 3M in the first place.

Stop digging the hole deeper hating on FFXIV so much. Much less if you'll defend BLIZZARD in the same paragraphs, it makes you look idiotic.