Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ESO is NOT a WoW Clone

124»

Comments

• Jean-Luc_PicardJean-Luc_Picard Member LegendaryPosts: 8,298
    edited January 6
    klash2def said:
    AAAMEOW said:
    I dont' know anything about ESO.  Would you say it is a themepark game though?

I think when people say wow clone, they really mean themepark game.  And some people prefer their game to be more sandboxy.
    Hmmm..I would say ESO is both Themepark and Sandbox at the same time. It doesn't fully commit to either but it has elements of both. I would say now is the perfect time to jump in, they are actually having a sale right now! 

Totally agreed, and that is what makes that game so great.
    The freedom of both character development (skill based) and gameplay sometimes make me feel like I'm playing Ultima Online again.
    The best MMORPG released after WoW to me.
    blueturtle13Gdemamiklash2def
    "The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn in Star Wars.
    After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that nor does the ability to write.
    CPU: Intel Core I7 9700k (4.90ghz) - GPU: ASUS Dual GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER EVO 8GB DDR6 - RAM: 32GB Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4 3000 - Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra - PSU: Antec TruePower New 750W - Storage: Kingston KC1000 NVMe 960gb SSD and 2x1TB WD Velociraptor HDDs (Raid 0) - Main display: Samsung U32J590 32" 4K monitor - Second display: Philips 273v 27" monitor - VR: Pimax 8K headset - Sound: Sony STR-DH550 AV Receiver HDMI linked with the GPU and the TV, with Jamo S 426 HS 3 5.0 speakers and Pioneer S-21W subwoofer - OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bits.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 14,399
    ESO adds level scaling and 1 year later WoW does the same therefore WoW is an ESO clone... the end.
    blueturtle13Vermillion_Raventhal
    “Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

"... the "influencers" which is the tech name we call sell outs now..."
    __ Wizardry, 2020
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member EpicPosts: 7,663
    BlazerX said:
    If anything, ESO is more a EQ1 clone, with better graphics but not as good in everything else hehe

I didn't see that at all....ESO is just sheer crap....It's the typical MMO of the last decade where everything is easy, EQ was never that.
  • Zerat82Zerat82 Member UncommonPosts: 73

Discussion / ESO is NOT a WoW Clone

ESO is a shitclone and a really boooooring one