Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Current State of Elyria Dec 19 2019

Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985
edited December 2019 in Chronicles of Elyria
STATE OF ELYRIA

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Post edited by Slapshot1188 on

Comments

• goldboyy45goldboyy45 Member UncommonPosts: 301
    What a can of worms Caspian opened, starting Settlers a week before Christmas, does he not give a damn about his employees? and maybe that they want to take trips/get away to spend time with their families? When will Caspian learn and listen? Why do people support his downfalls? Tell me please.
    MendelGdemami
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    I think the military has a term for such situations -- Snafu!

PhaserlightKyleran

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985
    Arterius said:
    So do NPC Selections cost money as well because it states that NPC Selections may be reset when they get things working again.

So are those people out money?
    Yes the NPCs will not be refunded their money.
    Kyleran[Deleted User]tweedledumb99

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• TorrskTorrsk Member UncommonPosts: 295
    So what else is new?
    edited December 2019
    Torrsk said:
    So what else is new?
    Well there is the new SHINY post with ... umm.. more concept art?
    Such excitement.   All these surprises that Caspien teased.  Amazing week!

• RenGinGinRenGinGin Member UncommonPosts: 29
    At least the coe subreddit has some interesting content being put out in lieu of the rollout of settlers of elyria

https://preview.redd.it/0sk3p5puno541.png?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=92612489d1343c915cb5b326ba46ab50f61ecb44
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    edited December 2019
    Caspien is such a tease 
    Cartoon Teasing Emoji Smiley Emoticon Stock Vector - 52150806

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    Torrsk said:
    So what else is new?
    Well there is the new SHINY post with ... umm.. more concept art?
    Such excitement.   All these surprises that Caspien teased.  Amazing week!
    What still amazes me is how all the folks praise such a thread,  which btw is for a finished concept art creature which was first revealed several months back, so this really was a retread shiny.

Well, their sketch artists had a productive year, their coders,  not so much it seems.
    Gdemami

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

RenGinGin said:
    At least the coe subreddit has some interesting content being put out in lieu of the rollout of settlers of elyria

https://preview.redd.it/0sk3p5puno541.png?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=92612489d1343c915cb5b326ba46ab50f61ecb44
    This one found it's way to the forums yesterday....made me chuckle.

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Just what does it have to do to win worst mmo business model though and enjoy all the publicity that comes with it? 
    For the record the sale/event is still down. 
    Their incompetence is legendary!
    Kyleran

So here we go again with Caspien tossing his team under the bridge:

Caspian ☁Today at 2:15 AM

And before you ask, I'm not directly involved in the Settlers of Elyria delays - or fixes. I've lent as much of a hand as I could the last couple days, but unfortunately I'm not as familiar with the codebase as I've been out of web work for some time now. I'm just trying to make sure the web team has the resources and time they need, keeping everything else away from them.(edited)

Then he goes on some bizarre sympathy trip about how he's never felt good enough for his wife/in-laws...

Caspian ☁Today at 2:19 AM

My inlaws are my biggest critics. I don't think I've ever quite been good enough for their daughter. To be honest they're probably right. But my wife and I met while I was still in High School, so I've known my inlaws for two decades now. And yet, I always feel inadequate around them. I think it's a combination of respecting them, doubting myself, and having not quite achieved my goals.

Caspian ☁Today at 2:23 AM

My father-in-law is always kind to ask if the game is done yet. And I can never quite tell whether he sincerely wants to know, or if he just wants to hear me say "No, these things take time." Regardless, he always just kind of shakes his head and says "I see," like he either doesn't believe me or didn't really expect any more from me. So yeah. Fun times ahead!

Really weird shit. I, in all honesty, hope he is OK and not having a breakdown.

But anyhow, there you have the latest on the State of Elyria

ShaighKyleranTorrsk

Awesome,  even his father in law understands game development enough to know many promises have been made and broken.

And so it goes.

• AnOldFartAnOldFart Member RarePosts: 562
    So here we go again with Caspien tossing his team under the bridge:

Caspian ☁Today at 2:15 AM

And before you ask, I'm not directly involved in the Settlers of Elyria delays - or fixes. I've lent as much of a hand as I could the last couple days, but unfortunately I'm not as familiar with the codebase as I've been out of web work for some time now. I'm just trying to make sure the web team has the resources and time they need, keeping everything else away from them.(edited)

Then he goes on some bizarre sympathy trip about how he's never felt good enough for his wife/in-laws...

Caspian ☁Today at 2:19 AM

My inlaws are my biggest critics. I don't think I've ever quite been good enough for their daughter. To be honest they're probably right. But my wife and I met while I was still in High School, so I've known my inlaws for two decades now. And yet, I always feel inadequate around them. I think it's a combination of respecting them, doubting myself, and having not quite achieved my goals.

Caspian ☁Today at 2:23 AM

My father-in-law is always kind to ask if the game is done yet. And I can never quite tell whether he sincerely wants to know, or if he just wants to hear me say "No, these things take time." Regardless, he always just kind of shakes his head and says "I see," like he either doesn't believe me or didn't really expect any more from me. So yeah. Fun times ahead!

Really weird shit. I, in all honesty, hope he is OK and not having a breakdown.

But anyhow, there you have the latest on the State of Elyria

That's someone about to drop the bombshell that they have failed and are wrapping up development
    edited December 2019
    This just in, Serpentius posted this on the COE forums a bit ago.

We plan to restart the Settlers of Elyria event this afternoon at around 3:30pm pacific time.

Fingers crossed and all that....

Full update in the OP here. 

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/34463/regarding-the-settlers-of-elyria-event-delay?page=1#31

edited December 2019
    Wait until his inlaws learn when the studios shuts down and backers don't get back one penny. I love how they are asking him if the game is done yet or not, meanwhile forget Alpha, supposedly there is some pre-alpha for studio employees only. Almost 8M dollars and almost 4 years down the f'n drain. Caspian is a criminal.

Did you see Caspian asking if the Shiny went out this week and what was it? I don't think they even communicate there anymore in the studios...CEO btw.
    Gdemami

Did you see Caspian asking if the Shiny went out this week and what was it? I don't think they even communicate there anymore in the studios...CEO btw.
    CEO of a group of 18 or so.   In my company, we call those Supervisors.

They said they will give plenty of time in advance when Settlers will be back up, so naturally what do they do? They say it's back up in 90 minutes...on a damn weekend....and for EU they are sleeping.
    Slapshot1188
    edited December 2019
    Apparently either going great or is a disaster,  web site is timing out atm.

Just checked Discord, sales are going fine,  Kingdom and some Dutchys have already been snapped up, website is intermittently going off line.

Kyleran said:

Just checked Discord, sales are going fine,  Kingdom and some Dutchys have already been snapped up, website is intermittently going off line.

Their website has been running like crap for days. I can't even scroll around the map, without getting kicked out every 5 minutes. They need to fix it already. 

I think I finally see why Caspian removed everyone from discord that didn't agree with him. He has turned the whole discord into an support group. While things maybe going hard for him. He shouldn't be admitting it to us. Talk to basically anyone else. Not only does it look really unprofessionally. It would just create so much doubt that he really has the ability to do anything. Those few posts have damaged him massively. Someone needs to tell him to pull his fucking head in. 

While it's understandable that his father in law is so critical of him. He has put 500-750k of his/his family money into the game. With really a high chance of losing it all. Can he really be surprised he has taken such a negative view of the whole thing. It's honestly just a wow moment.

While people that bully/troll him, is clearly over the line. It's sadly how it is in that industry. It seems like he can't handle being the head guy, in the spotlight. Would really work better in the shadows. If he is already feeling this much pressure and everything is getting to him this much. When everything else drops and doesn't go to plan. People give feedback, I would feel he will just completely lose it.
    edited December 2019
    Torrsk said:

While it's understandable that his father in law is so critical of him. He has put 500-750k of his/his family money into the game. 

How much has he pulled out from the donations to pay himself and his wife?  Wonder if it's more than he put in...

Gdemami

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Well, the Kickstarter MMO craze is over.  In the future, there will be fewer and fewer people falling for these failed experiments.  At least, that's what I hope.  Too bad it cost hopeful backers hundreds of millions of dollars over so many failed projects to find this out.
    Gdemami
    Torrsk said:
    Kyleran said:

Their website has been running like crap for days. I can't even scroll around the map, without getting kicked out every 5 minutes. They need to fix it already. 

I think I finally see why Caspian removed everyone from discord that didn't agree with him. He has turned the whole discord into an support group. While things maybe going hard for him. He shouldn't be admitting it to us. Talk to basically anyone else. Not only does it look really unprofessionally. It would just create so much doubt that he really has the ability to do anything. Those few posts have damaged him massively. Someone needs to tell him to pull his fucking head in. 

While it's understandable that his father in law is so critical of him. He has put 500-750k of his/his family money into the game. With really a high chance of losing it all. Can he really be surprised he has taken such a negative view of the whole thing. It's honestly just a wow moment.

While people that bully/troll him, is clearly over the line. It's sadly how it is in that industry. It seems like he can't handle being the head guy, in the spotlight. Would really work better in the shadows. If he is already feeling this much pressure and everything is getting to him this much. When everything else drops and doesn't go to plan. People give feedback, I would feel he will just completely lose it.
    Bullying and trolling clearly over the line? Fine, those that go over the line like death threats or personal threats i agree with, that said it's pretty rare and is a different conversation. The naysayers that see through his bullshit are not trolls and not bullies, they are calling him out because words matter and when a damn CEO of a company keep saying shit and none of it is coming true then that CEO has zero credibility. I would not feel sorry one bit for Caspian, I want to see how much of those millions ppl gave him went to his bank account. When will Caspian take responsibility and not blame his team and the "trolls" and "bulies"
    Gdemami
    goldboyy45 said:
    Bullying and trolling clearly over the line? Fine, those that go over the line like death threats or personal threats i agree with, that said it's pretty rare and is a different conversation. The naysayers that see through his bullshit are not trolls and not bullies, they are calling him out because words matter and when a damn CEO of a company keep saying shit and none of it is coming true then that CEO has zero credibility. I would not feel sorry one bit for Caspian, I want to see how much of those millions ppl gave him went to his bank account. When will Caspian take responsibility and not blame his team and the "trolls" and "bulies"
    Anyone that feels the need to PM/DM anyone and abuse someone. Well they got issues. 

I never said people calling him out of his BS were the same. So if you stopped assuming what I mean, that be great. 
    Torrsk said:

While it's understandable that his father in law is so critical of him. He has put 500-750k of his/his family money into the game. 

How much has he pulled out from the donations to pay himself and his wife?  Wonder if it's more than he put in...

There is finally an explanation why Settlers has been down so much, the subject matter expert reveals the truth.

https://ibb.co/tprnL2L