Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen Free?

LuidenLuiden Member RarePosts: 336
I've seen a couple posts where people are playing this game for free, or they are trying the game for free.. when I go to their website I'm not seeing anything like that.  What's the deal?

Comments

• Big.Daddy.SamediBig.Daddy.Samedi Member UncommonPosts: 409
    They have free fly events in which you can play for free...

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    There are often free fly events. One has been recently, about 2 weeks long.

Normally you need a basic pledge package (its a crowdfunding project), which costs about 50 bucks.

Have fun
    Tom_Neverwinter
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    They used to have free fly weeks quite regularly but these days there might be 3 in a year.
    Tom_NeverwinterGdemami
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Usually the free fly opportunities take place after the (nominal) quarterly patches - quarterly so about 4 times a year.

Backers get the opportunity to try out the new patch first - only fair! - but some weeks later non-backers have had the opportunity to try out what is there. As @Erillion said the most recent was pretty extensive. No guarantee of this carrying on of course but don't see any reason why it won't.

The final patch of the year is about to be released so the next event - sometime in the new year?
    Tom_Neverwinter
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    gervaise1 said:
    Usually the free fly opportunities take place after the (nominal) quarterly patches - quarterly so about 4 times a year.

Backers get the opportunity to try out the new patch first - only fair! - but some weeks later non-backers have had the opportunity to try out what is there. As @Erillion said the most recent was pretty extensive. No guarantee of this carrying on of course but don't see any reason why it won't.

The final patch of the year is about to be released so the next event - sometime in the new year?
    There usually isn't a free flight after the release of the Q4 update.

I think it's because they are on Christmas break if they open for free flight they need the people working on live ops as it increases the likeness of issues that disrupt the service
    Tom_NeverwinterErillion
  • JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410
    edited December 2019
    Star Citizen is free to pay to play. that's right, there is absolutely no restrictions placed on your freedom to play once you've paid. it's totally free to purchase whatever your heart desires to play. freedom in it's purest form is the core of the soul of this game. your choice to play is the vessel to unshakle your money from the prison of your wallet. free your mind of your money, and free yourself. freedom awaits.....you to pay. 
    botrytisErillion