Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Out of the frying pan, into the fire?

KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
edited December 2019 in Chronicles of Elyria
So, it seems the CU team had a recent defection, with one of their employees  joining SBS out in Seattle and they put him quickly to work announcing the Settlers of Elyria sale event yesterday.

Going from one underfunded, long overdue indie effort to join another in the same boat, he should fit right in.

Posted in the COE forums this evening.

"AshKain is one of the new hires, he is a producer. (He was the Sr. Producer of Camelot Unchained)"

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

gervaise1[Deleted User][Deleted User]TorrskScotGiarclen

Comments

• some-clueless-guysome-clueless-guy Member UncommonPosts: 227
    Senior producer? Was he the one who was hired in January last year and who had to review the estimates for the Beta1 starting date? I'm not good with names sorry :neutral:
    Kyleran
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    Never a great thing when Sr people jump ship, especially as CU is supposedly heading down the home stretch towards delivery next year.
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• goldboyy45goldboyy45 Member UncommonPosts: 301
    same with SbS hiring the ex trion employee Oombaw, spelling? He worked on Revival online with Snipehunter. Revival online did the same thing CoE is doing, they sold plenty of settlements then closed down.
    Slapshot1188
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    Nyctelios said:
    This KS scene has more insane plot twists than mexican soap operas.
    I see your Mexican soap operas and raise you one with Indian dramas.
    [Deleted User]Scotcheyane

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    edited December 2019
    Never tell my wife about Indian dramas, she already has us binge watching all of the spanish language ones on Netflix.... (i.e. Cable Girls, Gran Hotel and most recently, High Seas)

:# 

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,991
    Kyleran said:
    Never tell my wife about Indian dramas, she already has us watching all of the spanish language ones on Netflix.... (i.e. Cable Girls)

:# 
    A lot of series on Netflix that did not have English dubbing seem to be slowly getting it now. I can handle one or two subtitled series at once but that's my lot. If its Wallander it has to be the original Swedish for example (that's not on NF btw) but often I just don't care give me dubbing. :)
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    Oh I can tell you something about Indian dramas the level of insane that goes on. I recall one drama they got the snake that bit the man to come back and take back its poison. I was rooting for the fellow to die. All the dish, dish (sound it makes) fighting and blood and everything and 2 seconds later they are giving a huge speech and making everyone ashamed for another 15 minutes and everyone is listening intently.

Don't forget the dancing around trees.
    [Deleted User]kitarad
    Chamber of Chains
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Into the fire?   I'd suggest that "into the 45,000 BTU wok burner" might be more accurate.  Why is it that my favorite Bollywood films have Waylon Smithers?

[Deleted User]

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    edited December 2019
    Have you guys watched 'Dark' the German scifi. It is pretty good.

I too want the original Swedish of Wallander, they have the English one Kenneth Branagh in Itlay Netflix not the one I want though.
    Kylerankitarad
    Chamber of Chains
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,991
    cheyane said:
    Have you guys watched 'Dark' the German scifi. It is pretty good.

I too want the original Swedish of Wallander, they have the English one Kenneth Branagh in Itlay Netflix not the one I want though.
    The Branagh version is awful, I do not know what possessed them to do it.
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Rhoklaw said:
    Leaving CU for CoE doesn't exactly sound like a promotion. Was he fired from his previous job?
    Penance.

cheyaneKyleran[Deleted User]ScotkitaradSlapshot1188

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• jahlonjahlon Member UncommonPosts: 388
    Kyleran said:
    Never a great thing when Sr people jump ship, especially as CU is supposedly heading down the home stretch towards delivery next year.

I 100% agree with you its a warning flag you need to look at.

The troublesome thing is sometimes a "senior" person is just someone who got hired on earlier, they don't really the credientials or pedigree to be called a senior anything.

Job titles can be manufactured to increase importance.

Assistant Executive to the Executive Assistant