Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wanted to check up on an old anime-like MMO that I played years ago, but can't remember its name

Comments

• LinifLinif Member UncommonPosts: 338
    Aion? I know you mentioned a scythe but I feel like it matches quite a lot of your descriptions
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    XNyxX said:
    Also OP mentioned a big statue in the center of a main city made of stone bricks or something like that... Do you remember what was the statue? A dragon, a Human, etc...

Could it be War of Angels?

I don't remember ever flying in this game, but hey the main city is made of stone and has a giant dragon statue in the center :neutral:

EDIT: yupp, it has flying.

That one definitely has the closest looking towns and field areas, but the dragon statue was one that was very high up that you had to fly up to in order to access the NPCs that were stationed next to it.

this somehow sounds familiar to me... i'll keep looking because now i'm more intrigued than before

• mklinicmklinic Member RarePosts: 1,981
    edited December 2019
    Might be useful to update the OP with a list of suggestions that have been ruled out.

Otherwise, what I'm getting from all this is that it was a really memorable MMO experience for you. ;)

Kidding aside, I'm enjoying watching the journey toward the answer on this one. Time for more questions and sorry if these are repeats; Do you recall, when you played, if it was fairly new at the time or had been out for a while? Did you play on North American servers or some other region? Recall the names of any Guilds from the game?
    AlBQuirky

-mklinic

"Do something right, no one remembers.
    Do something wrong, no one forgets"
    -from No One Remembers by In Strict Confidence

• EmeraqEmeraq Member UncommonPosts: 1,063
    Also what did you play it on, PC, Console, Phone?
  • XNyxXXNyxX Member UncommonPosts: 30
    It didn't have too large of a playerbase, so I'm thinking it was a new one, and it was an NA server. I can't seem to recall much about the guilds in it, but I'm sure they probably had a guild system, especially since you had to party up to do dungeons. Ah, that's true, I'll try to update the original post to make it easier ^_^;
    edited December 2019
    Emeraq said:
    Also what did you play it on, PC, Console, Phone?

It was PC, and it was one that I had to download rather than browser-based.

I really wish I could remember what the cash shop currency or in-game currency was called, that would've probably made it a lot easier. Trying to remember any of the items within the game too.
    Post edited by XNyxX on
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    meh you remember if it was on what server? international local in your country, eu or NA?

I belive what youa re asking is vapor ware by now
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    edited December 2019
    Elsword, no stale, rusty hearts
    [Deleted User]
    edited December 2019
    Hmm it wasn't a side-scroll game like elsword, and it was more 3d than nostale.

I remember when I was looking for an MMO to play (before stumbling upon the one I'm trying to remember) that the artwork for Shaiya frequently popped up in my searches, so I'm guessing it was around the time that MMO was getting popular
    jitter77
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    If this group can't help you, your lost :) all I can do to contribute is to say, I hope you find your game. :/
    AlBQuirky
    Riders of Icarus, Bless Online
    Nanfoodle said:
    If this group can't help you, your lost :) all I can do to contribute is to say, I hope you find your game. :/

lol thanks, I had a feeling that's what it would come to, but figured I might as well try XD
  • EmeraqEmeraq Member UncommonPosts: 1,063
    XNyxX said:

I remember when I was looking for an MMO to play (before stumbling upon the one I'm trying to remember) that the artwork for Shaiya frequently popped up in my searches, so I'm guessing it was around the time that MMO was getting popular
    Some mentioned were similar and around the same time as Shaiya but this one wasnt mentioned yet, Last Chaos.... I think you can fly at some point.
  • mklinicmklinic Member RarePosts: 1,981
    Did you play through Steam or did it have it's own launcher? Maybe https://store.steampowered.com/tags/en/Massively%20Multiplayer/ can help?

If you had to register with the game publishers website, perhaps you saved the password in your browser of choice? Might be able to find the site in your browsers settings (for example Settings -> Autofill -> Passwords in Chrome)

-mklinic

"Do something right, no one remembers.
    Do something wrong, no one forgets"
    -from No One Remembers by In Strict Confidence

• DekahnDekahn Member UncommonPosts: 90
    Jade Dynasty?
    It had its own launcher as I didn't learn about steam until fairly recently (within the last few years). I don't have the PC that I played it on anymore, I currently have a laptop but I remember playing it on a non-portable computer with windows. Last chaos doesn't seem to look familiar
  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432
    edited December 2019
    XNyxX said:
    long time ago
    ... is very vague. To me, "long time ago" means maybe 1997 to 2004 (pre WoW), yet you said in another post maybe 2014?

I understand your vagueness, though, as I have tried to recall games I've played in the past :)

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited December 2019
    XNyxX said:

Shaiya was most popular some time before 2010 when i played it, so if the game is from that time there is a chance that it could be dead. Many games from Shaiya's time have died and re-launched in some way, others stayed dead. I'll keep lookin because most of the asian mmorpgs i played are pre-2010.

EDIT: what about Silkroad, or Granado Espada? don't think those were mentioned before.

Yeah, the best I could recall was that it was at least 5 or more years ago. Ah, I remember Granado Espada, that one was fun and had awesome graphics for its time. Hmm silkroad definitely has a lot of similarities as far as its town and surrounding area, but I don't think it was that one either unfortunately. I'm definitely guessing that it's probably dead from being so long ago as well
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,351
    https://www.mmorpg.com/games-list

Sorry that I can't help more than that.  But the game might be on the list.
    Fiesta Online
    rift
    Warframe
    ASDA Global
    Luna Online: Reborn
    Dream of Mirror Online
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Going to give it another shot, Dragons Nest perhaps?

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• HyperpsycrowHyperpsycrow Member RarePosts: 913
    edited December 2019
    It has to be Tera !!!  There was a scyte class
    But i dont remember you could fly in it

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    I have a feeling this is one of those games that you see advertised on this site and ask "Who would play that?" lol
    AlBQuirky
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

This discussion has been closed.