Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SQ42 delays in an easy to see format

KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229

A decent read by someone on reddit who is using another persons graphic to help break down the roadmap for SQ42 and it’s delays. Take it as you will.
Gdemami

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    Interesting read, progress is being made on SQ42, but apparently at a much slower pace than planned assuming the information in the graphics is correct.

Most of the folks replying in Reddit appear unconcerned and are happy to wait as long as it takes.

Same as it ever was....
    [Deleted User]

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Arterius said:
    Man, I don't condone what they are doing either but you really hate this game don't you. I mean frankly I think CoE is worse then Star Citizin at least people who backed this game can play and the ships are at least tangible things
    Who said I hate it? Besides specific posters on here?
    Gdemami

Kyleran said:
    Interesting read, progress is being made on SQ42, but apparently at a much slower pace than planned assuming the information in the graphics is correct.

Most of the folks replying in Reddit appear unconcerned and are happy to wait as long as it takes.

Same as it ever was....
    Which is fine they are allowed to want to wait as long as they want to but I’m sure there are others who are getting tired 
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited December 2019
    Kyleran said:

Same as it ever was....
    Well Star Citizen itself has been seeing the major progress as it gets a major update every few months.

So it takes off pressure from SQ42, in either way as both games share mechanics people can see it clearly needs work and more time, especially on stuff like AI.

Arterius said:
    Fair enough. Hate is a strong word and one I shouldn't throw around so easily since I don't know you. For all I know you play Star Citizen every night. What I meant to say is that today you are just hellbent on proving the White Knights wrong.  
    By own admission he only here because the SC fans are here, he doesn't care or have played the game, neither wants to. So this forum is just an easy battlefield to pick a fight giving a negative spin at everything SC-related.
    [Deleted User]
    Arterius said:
    Kefo said:
    Arterius said:
    Man, I don't condone what they are doing either but you really hate this game don't you. I mean frankly I think CoE is worse then Star Citizin at least people who backed this game can play and the ships are at least tangible things
    Who said I hate it? Besides specific posters on here?
    Fair enough. Hate is a strong word and one I shouldn't throw around so easily since I don't know you. For all I know you play Star Citizen every night. What I meant to say is that today you are just hellbent on proving the White Knights wrong.  
    I’m not hellbent on anything really. I post my opinion on this or I post things to correct some of the crazier white knights. I’ve been wrong before and I’ll be wrong again I’m sure but it’s fun bringing up quotes from Roberts own mouth that are complete opposite of what some of the faithful spout on here.
    [Deleted User]Gdemamisgel

MaxBacon said:
    Kyleran said:

Same as it ever was....
    Well Star Citizen itself has been seeing the major progress as it gets a major update every few months.

So it takes off pressure from SQ42, in either way as both games share mechanics people can see it clearly needs work and more time, especially on stuff like AI.

Arterius said:
    By own admission he only here because the SC fans are here, he doesn't care or have played the game, neither wants to. So this forum is just an easy battlefield to pick a fight giving a negative spin at everything SC-related.
    And there’s max always playing the victim. No I post stuff that the fans don’t want to hear or see because it conflicts with the carefully constructed dream in their head of what this game could be
    [Deleted User]KyleranrpmcmurphyGdemami
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Kyleran said:

Same as it ever was....

All that money people have been 'donating,' they probably feel like they are apart of a movement if anything. The SC community always felt more like a cult rather than people backing something that will eventually come out in their lifetime.
    [Deleted User]
    edited December 2019
    Kefo said:
    And there’s max always playing the victim. No I post stuff that the fans don’t want to hear or see because it conflicts with the carefully constructed dream in their head of what this game could be
    Playing the victim? You admitted to your point here long ago on this forum. You don't own it, you don't play it, you are not interested in playing it, you are just here because we are here on your own little mission.

Also, that justification is lol, we already have a roadmap thread that posts the things as they are, be that a release or its delays, yet you make a thread about the roadmap when this very same format is already posted on it 

https://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/471293/star-citizen-sq4-roadmap-updated-december-6th/p1
    rpmcmurphyGdemamiCotic
    MaxBacon said:
    Kefo said:
    Playing the victim? You admitted to your point here long ago on this forum. You don't own it, you don't play it, you are not interested in playing it, you are just here because we are here on your own little mission.

Also, that justification is lol, we already have a roadmap thread that posts the things as they are, be that a release or its delays, yet you make a thread about the roadmap when this very same format is already posted on it 

https://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/471293/star-citizen-sq4-roadmap-updated-december-6th/p1
    If you’re going to accuse me of something at least get it right. No I don’t play it and I have no intention of playing it cause i believe Roberts is charlatan. That doesn’t mean I’m not allowed to post about it and point out the things that I see wrong with the project.

And I didn’t realize it was illegal to make a thread talking about something and everything has to be katamari’d like they did on the old CI forums where everything they didn’t like went to die
    Gdemami
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985
    I really wish CR had just made SQ42 as a stand-alone game. It would have been long ago completed and I could stop following the never-ending drama of Star Citizen
    KyleranGdemami

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    edited December 2019
    Not sure why this is being discussed. <Ships & Vehicles> are behind in both SQ42's and "nominally" SC as well. The schedule updates have been reporting this for weeks. In an easy to see format! Nothing hidden.

The real question is why they didn't push some of the SQ42 stuff out when they did their mini-re-plan. And whether they have / what plans they have in place that they hope will recover the slippage.

edited December 2019
    Kefo said:
    MaxBacon said:
    Kefo said:

If you’re going to accuse me of something at least get it right. No I don’t play it and I have no intention of playing it cause i believe Roberts is charlatan. That doesn’t mean I’m not allowed to post about it and point out the things that I see wrong with the project.

And I didn’t realize it was illegal to make a thread talking about something and everything has to be katamari’d like they did on the old CI forums where everything they didn’t like went to die
    Just countering that response, quoting your own words. And you can make all threads you like, as I am to point out the low-effort over something that is already actively maintained just to focus the negative spin.
    rpmcmurphyGdemami
    MaxBacon said:
    Kefo said:
    MaxBacon said:
    Kefo said:

Just countering that response, quoting your own words. And you can make all threads you like, as I am to point out the low-effort over something that is already actively maintained just to focus the negative spin.
    You actually didn’t quote my words but made something up to try to sell your point lol.

im sorry me pointing out a reddit thread is low effort for you but perhaps we’d like to get back on track talking about all the delays SQ42 is going through instead of the knights trying to derail the subject?
    KyleranGdemamisgel
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    edited December 2019
    I think the problem would be easier to see like this:

I took Roadmap from December 2018 and colored everything that had been already been completed blue, then colored stuff newly completed in 2019 green.

EDIT: Fixed one wrong color
    Post edited by Vrika on
    [Deleted User]ScotKyleran

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Fortunately Beta is in 3 quarters, 3 quarters tops man.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Cotic
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

Vrika said:
    I think the problem would be easier to see like this:

I took Roadmap from December 2018 and colored everything that had been already been completed blue, then colored stuff newly completed in 2019 green.

The new stuff is your cut off date the latest info you can find on SQ42?

lahnmir said:
    Fortunately Beta is in [current quarter] + 3 quarters.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Fixed it for ya lol
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    I wonder how many chapters they intend to have completed for the beta next year?
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    bigmilk said:
    Kefo said:

lahnmir said:
    Fortunately Beta is in [current quarter] + 3 quarters.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Fixed it for ya lol
    just to be clear, [current quarter] is a reference variable. SC is always 3 quarters away, just like CR wants the suckers to believe. CR is a toad.
    No no no, Beta is in Q3 2020. So it has been said by those who made fun of others their predictions that turned out to be wrong.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,981
    edited December 2019
    Well Squadron 42 from what posters are saying is starting to sound like a game within a game, that's got to have issues. Indeed when launched I wonder how SQ42 could impact the game, what exactly do you get from playing that part of the game?
  • BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    I literally had to look at it for like a minute or two before I fully grasped it. They just don't understand game development.
    Gdemami
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    >>>>
    I honestly had no idea that Squadron 42 is going to be such a big game 28 chapters.
    >>>>

And thats just one of three parts of Squadron 42.

Early backers get Part 1 with these 28 chapters. And Part2  (which has the working title "Behind enemy lines").

"Behind Enemy Lines is the first Squadron 42 Mission Disk, that will be available for free to all backers on release. It is a 16-mission campaign in the style of the Wing Commander Secret Missions.  

"Behind Enemy Lines" was part of the $6 million stretch goal during the crowdfounding campaign, which was achieved on November 19, 2012"

https://starcitizen.fandom.com/wiki/Behind_Enemy_Lines

Have fun

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    Erillion said:
    >>>>
    I honestly had no idea that Squadron 42 is going to be such a big game 28 chapters.
    >>>>

And thats just one of three parts of Squadron 42.

Early backers get Part 1 with these 28 chapters. And Part2  (which has the working title "Behind enemy lines").

"Behind Enemy Lines is the first Squadron 42 Mission Disk, that will be available for free to all backers on release. It is a 16-mission campaign in the style of the Wing Commander Secret Missions.  

"Behind Enemy Lines" was part of the $6 million stretch goal during the crowdfounding campaign, which was achieved on November 19, 2012"

https://starcitizen.fandom.com/wiki/Behind_Enemy_Lines

Have fun

Ooh, when is that targeted for release, 2025?

;)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    Kyleran said:
    Ooh, when is that targeted for release, 2025?

;)

No details.

Which decade ? 

;-)

Have fun