Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question Multiplatform (Console/Mobile/PC) Users

AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432
Games sometimes release on one platform or another. Lately, it seems some games release on one platform, then release "a little later" on another. Yakuza, a PS exclusive series, recently released Yakuza 0 on PC. I Think Monster Hunter world did something similar. I think I heard that Horizon Zero Dawn a console game is to be released on PC soon.

My question is: Do you buy games again on different platforms, or is once enough?

Follow up question: I realize it depends on the game, but why do you buy it (them) again, if you do?

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
- FARGIN_WAR

Comments

• crankkedcrankked Member UncommonPosts: 284
    I hear people on this site all the time talking about doing that.  I don't see the point.  There isn't a good enough game out there to want to play it again just because it's on a different console.  Not to mention the fact that most ports over to PC are terrible.
    sumdumguy1Huntrezzpsychosiz1
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I do not use consoles anymore and NEVER will ever again.So i only use the PC for gaming.On a PC i can easily pause and go surf the net or pause and watch a sporting event or movies,whatever i want.The PC is just an easier and better platform to use than having a bunch of different consoles to hook up.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• crankkedcrankked Member UncommonPosts: 284
    Wizardry said:
    I do not use consoles anymore and NEVER will ever again.So i only use the PC for gaming.On a PC i can easily pause and go surf the net or pause and watch a sporting event or movies,whatever i want.The PC is just an easier and better platform to use than having a bunch of different consoles to hook up.

A.  That wasn't the question.

B.  You don't play games anymore because they all suck.....
    sumdumguy1Huntrezzpsychosiz1[Deleted User]
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Ohh god, you made this thread specifically for me....

I own every numerical Final Fantasy at least twice, thrice more often. The difference would be in physical versus digital, old shelved console versus currently active console, console versus pc.

I actually own the first Dark Souls four times and Diablo 3, Darksiders 1&2, Bayonetta and a couple of others thrice. I am perfectly okay with that too for reasons as stated above, sometimes its also a game of the year version or remaster, its all good with me. Hell, sometimes they come with a Humble Bundle or free give away.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    AlBQuirky
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• jitter77jitter77 Member UncommonPosts: 512
    The only games I have bought 2x were ESO and FFXIV.  One on PS4 and one on PC.  I think I have actually bought ESO 3x and once was because I just wanted to start over because I did not feel like trying to sort out inventory / craft items.  The only other reason I would buy a game 2x is because sometimes my PS4 is tied up by my GF so I can only use the PC.  I also own a switch which my daughter mainly uses or I will play games w/ her.  Speaking of that I realized I own rayman legends 3x.  PS4, Switch, and PC (which i got for free).  Rayman Legends is one of the most highly underrated / hyped games in my opinion.  It is pretty sweet in Co-op. 
    AlBQuirky
  • sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    The ability to mod games on a pc makes any game you love and will ikely play again worthy of a purchase if the port/game is good.  I've had much better experiences with many games over the years since I/others can mod them.
    Huntrezzpsychosiz1AlBQuirkyPalebane
  • psychosiz1psychosiz1 Member UncommonPosts: 200
    edited December 2019
    The ability to mod games on a pc makes any game you love and will ikely play again worthy of a purchase if the port/game is good.  I've had much better experiences with many games over the years since I/others can mod them.
    This right here
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• ultimateduckultimateduck Member EpicPosts: 1,269
    The only games I think I bought more than once are DAoC for mt buff bot account and Elder Scrolls V-VR, because it's a very different game in VR.

AlBQuirky
  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432
    I've multiple copies of games, but not for platform. I have 4 copies Morrowind, thanks to losing my first one, then getting the GotY on disc. Later, I bought it on Steam after getting Skyrim, and then GoG got The Elder Scrolls in their library, so I bouht it again.

Most of my multiple buys have come from going from physical discs (older games) to digital downloads, or replacing my Steam library with GoG games :)

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011
    edited December 2019
    Interesting question. There are 3 games that I have bought for more than one platform: Minecraft (for my son), GTAV (because of my son :wink: ), and Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, which I originally bought for my son but ended up loving it so much I got it for PC because I prefer M+kb for shooters, and also bought the sequel on PC for both of us. Two of the most underrated games I’ve ever played. Completely overlooked because of the cartoon nature I suppose.

Mildly related aside, I once owned the LP, cassette, and CD versions of Guns N Roses, Appetite for Destruction.
    Post edited by Palebane on
    AlBQuirky

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432
    Palebane said:
    Mildly related aside, I once owned the LP, cassette, and CD versions of Guns N Roses, Appetite for Destruction.
    Don't even get me started on music!  :lol:

- Al

- FARGIN_WAR