Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2 - And The Wheel Turns - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited December 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageGuild Wars 2 - And The Wheel Turns - MMORPG.com

Steven is a stickler for class changes and balances, especially in the competitive arena and WvW. So what does he think of the latest round of tweaks and changes made by ArenaNet? Check out his thoughts in his latest column.

Read the full story here

Comments

• WarWitchWarWitch Member UncommonPosts: 351
    Some day we will have a nice mmo where core damge , core defence, is balanced. The changes anet make cause players to constantly have to buy different gear and level up new toons to be competive in wvw. Its done on purpose to keep people buying more slots to provide a cash from from the people left in wvw.

That's why I love the rock paper sisors of games like daoc. Loved my lil posion stealth backstabber. 2 classes I would almost always kill, 2 clases would almost always kill me and some it was a tossup.

Sorry my no English gud :)
    HiromantmaskedweaselValdheimRadooCopperfieldmeerclarCitizenX007
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    I just generally checked out of PvP entirely due to their obsession with "deadlier" PvP.  Not everyone wants to be a glass cannon, thank you.
    maskedweaselRadooOctagon7711
  • cdubbzcdubbz Member UncommonPosts: 57

Aeander said:

I just generally checked out of PvP entirely due to their obsession with "deadlier" PvP.  Not everyone wants to be a glass cannon, thank you.

Same. I liked my shatter mesmer back in vanilla GW2 but then burst damage just became the meta and all it turned into was who can hit their rotation first.
    RadooOctagon7711Buschkatze
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180

cdubbz said:

Aeander said:

Same. I liked my shatter mesmer back in vanilla GW2 but then burst damage just became the meta and all it turned into was who can hit their rotation first.

You can actually see this everywhere now, it's worse than it's ever been in PvP. Maybe, 5 months ago, you could go to Metabattle and see 5 - 10 different PvP builds, with about half viable. Now you see maybe 3 or so for most classes in conquest.

There was a time where you could select a number of skills and builds to do just about anything, but as time goes on, they've focused on making everything very specific. You have group content in the open world that requires you have very specific abilities available.

It used to be the game could be played by just about any class in any situation, now, if you aren't choosing specific sub classes and builds, you just aren't very useful.
    [Deleted User]

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    It still feels like the team hasn't recovered from the layoffs
    maskedweasel
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    cdubbz said:

Aeander said:

We really gonna call early days of GW2 "vanilla"? What even is vanilla? I've been around since pre release and they have been tweaking class stuff since the first month of launch. Honestly I can't even remember what my Thief main was like when I first hit 80 because so many changes have been made since.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• Asch126Asch126 Member RarePosts: 543
    Just remember that these people tried to monetize Chairs, Templates and are now going to monetize Capes.
    Sequriem
    Asch126 said:
    Just remember that these people tried to monetize Chairs, Templates and are now going to monetize Capes.
    Why shouldn't they monetize capes? Don't those kind of line up perfectly with the game's standard business model?
  • crankkedcrankked Member UncommonPosts: 284

Asch126 said:

That's what businesses do. They monetize to keep the lights on. How else are they going to keep the servers running with a 7 year old b2p game?

The problem is someone like you who doesn't understand what it's like to own and/or manage a business.
    AeanderRavZterz[Deleted User]botrytis
    edited December 2019
    Nyctelios said:
    crankked said:

Asch126 said:

That's what businesses do. They monetize to keep the lights on. How else are they going to keep the servers running with a 7 year old b2p game?

The problem is someone like you who doesn't understand what it's like to own and/or manage a business.
    sight... Always with this crap.

"look, they are over monetizing the game which is burning the community and showing the lack of content (in a PAID GAME)"

"iT iS bUsInEsS"

Yeah, we know that. We are just pointing out it's a bad one at that.
    At what point do you define the game as overmonetized? 

Frankly, if the monetization was half as harsh as you make it out to be, maybe they wouldn't have had to lay off a third of their staff recently.
    botrytis
  • bentrimbentrim Member UncommonPosts: 299
    I really don't know why anyone still plays this.