Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Newcomer questions

2»

Comments

• AbimorAbimor Member RarePosts: 875
    Iselin said:
    Sal1 said:
    Hi there, yea makes sense. Since everything there are skeletons etc.. sorry i dont have all the details as im not ingame atm and im not familiar with the names/quests/zones. I only went as far as finding the runes for the dragon. Now the undead npcs dont attack me anymore. 

Thanks for the reply anyway. I will head back to daggerfall covenant and begin my journey there. 
    I forgot to mention that a few times at the beginning that sometimes you need to gain a few levels then the Prophet contacts you and asks to meet you. So if you don't see another quest in the Main Quest line in your journal gain some levels. 
    That's not true any longer unless they've changed it back to the level-locked way it used to be for the first couple of years again recently. When they went to full level scaling everywhere a few years back you could chain that main quest line back to back to back without any level requirement. Some did just that to get the skill point reward that each step gives you.

Some parts still have other requirements, like going to a delve in a different zone or doing enough of the Coldharbour zone to unlock the final part of it but you can complete a step, walk out of the Harborage and run into the Prophet again immediately and walk right back in for the next step.

right you can power through the main quest line at any level now might be a pain in the but for a lower level but can be done.

I agree with the crafting craft as you level just deconstruct everything you don't use for research it makes crafting go so much better. also decide early on if you want to be a blacksmith or whatever crafting profession and start researching traits asap some can take 30 days so the sooner you get started the better.   
  • FindarielFindariel Member UncommonPosts: 222
    edited June 2020
    Half a year after I posted the first question: thanks for all the anwers!

Funny to read the questions I had then. In the meantime I am CP550 have several lvl50s and I really like the game, love doing (especially veteran) dungeons a lot, got a big house and plan on doing arenas and trials next.

But the game has its flaws.

Overland content is way too easy, a 2 on a 10 point scale where 5 is "remotely challenging" and a 7 is "doable but can be tough sometimes". Public dungeons are a better challenge until you get more experienced (and better gear and CP) after which you can steamroll them as well.
    Nice that trade guilds have their own stalls spread across the world but the game lacks a way to find stuff (and TTC is far from perfect) so buying stuff costs A LOT of time, a very tedious part of the game. Also tedious: having to logon to every single character every single day to train your horseriding skills, with the slow loading times that costs me hours a week.
    I find PvP in ESO quite boring. Learning crafts from fighter guild NPCs instead of crafters is very unintuitive. Not having a starter area in your race/alliance's zone (regardless your race/alliance you are forced to start in the latest expansion) doesn't really get you into the game's lore very well if you weren't already a TES fan.
    Very little hairstyles at character creation (even there are way more in the game). You only have 1 outfit slot/look and you can not change the look of your gear (as most major MMOs have nowadays). Dying your clothes usually make it looks like shiny plastic. Combat pets are very limited and look very ugly. Way too much RND. Crown crates money grabbing.
    To name a few.

Buy yeah - it's still very entertaining! :)
    Post edited by Findariel on
    Scot
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,986
    Findariel said:
    Half a year after I posted the first question: thanks for all the anwers!

Funny to read the questions I had then. In the meantime I am CP550 have several lvl50s and I really like the game, love doing (especially veteran) dungeons a lot, got a big house and plan on doing arenas and trials next.

But the game has its flaws.

Overland content is way too easy, a 2 on a 10 point scale where 5 is "remotely challenging" and a 7 is "doable but can be tough sometimes". Public dungeons are a better challenge until you get more experienced (and better gear and CP) after which you can steamroll them as well.
    Nice that trade guilds have their own stalls spread across the world but the game lacks a way to find stuff (and TTC is far from perfect) so buying stuff costs A LOT of time, a very tedious part of the game. Also tedious: having to logon to every single character every single day to train your horseriding skills, with the slow loading times that costs me hours a week.
    I find PvP in ESO quite boring. Learning crafts from fighter guild NPCs instead of crafters is very unintuitive. Not having a starter area in your race/alliance's zone (regardless your race/alliance you are forced to start in the latest expansion) doesn't really get you into the game's lore very well if you weren't already a TES fan.
    Very little hairstyles at character creation (even there are way more in the game). You only have 1 outfit slot/look and you can not change the look of your gear (as most major MMOs have nowadays). Dying your clothes usually make it looks like shiny plastic. Combat pets are very limited and look very ugly. Way too much RND. Crown crates money grabbing.
    To name a few.

Buy yeah - it's still very entertaining! :)
    Good to see your enjoying it, but it has its flaws some now seemingly inescapable, easymode for example is a journey nearly every MMO has been on since about 2005.