Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen Delays and Funding to be Investigated by BBC Program, Click

Comments

• WalkinGlennWalkinGlenn Member RarePosts: 451
    Erillion said:
    Erillion said:
    sgel said:
    When Erillion doesn't talk about SC, he talks about himself.
    I think those two are his favourite games.

He's good for claiming to be an EvE vet though I call BS on that. He's pretty much the EvE version of those stolen valor guys that get called out in public for dressing up like military even though they aren't. 

Talk to me when you remember double-MWD flying through a system in EVE ;-)

Have fun

Congrats you can use google. Post your mains name, or better yet login and take a SS. Even inactive accounts can go to account support and login for two hours to buy a plex instead of subscribing to login. I haven't played since March 2018, but are still subbed and skilling my nerds. Or better yet, send an api key in an EvE mail to Eanok. In other words, prove it.

I do not have to prove anything to you.  After all .. this is EVE ;-)  Its spy games are hard taskmasters. The information IS out there.

Have fun

Didn't think so. 
    Erillion
  • CoticCotic Member UncommonPosts: 268
    Hatefull said:
    They should hold him accountable and have his assets seized liquidated and refunded to all the backers and have prison time given out. The is usually not accepted anywhere else(unless there is money cover up going to politicians) so why should it be difference because this is a video game medium?
    How many backers want that? Because I have not seen many (if any at all) express they want the project shut down and their money back. Most of the backers are playing the game. It's only the armchair naysayers that are on boards...crying about how long it is taking.

I will wait while you get that list together...
    If most backers are playing the game why is concurrency so low? saw average was 1500 or summat mon
    real poor
    NorseGod
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    Cotic said:
    If most backers are playing the game why is concurrency so low? saw average was 1500 or summat mon
    real poor

Where do you get your numbers for concurrency ?

Have fun

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    edited December 2019
    Erillion said:
    Cotic said:
    real poor

Where do you get your numbers for concurrency ?

You can view them from here:
      https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/17329-Playable-Now-The-Stats

RSI released total playtime for January - October 2019. If I remember correctly, counting from that number the average concurrency is about 1300 people online.

If you compare it to Steamchart numbers, for example Elite: Dangerous currently has average of 3600 players through Steam alone, and EVE Online has a bit over 4000, even if Steamcharts only catches people who are playing through Steam as opposed to RSI catching total number of players.

But on the other hand Star Citizen is still in alpha, and it wouldn't get average of 1300 concurrent players if there weren't people who actually liked playing it. 

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,952
    edited December 2019
    Erillion said:
    Scot said:
    Erillion said:
    That's why you think patience a virtue? Because someone said it was? Jesus, I was asking why YOU thought it was a virtue. Are you not past Philosophy 101?

I think its a virtue because my experience in life so far matches that saying and i personally believe it to be correct.

Have fun
    As the fact we have an article about an upcoming programme proves, patience is no longer a virtue. Everything the media does, especially social media is about the now. Rest In Peace patience.

--> "Rest In Peace patience." .... another opinion. We will see how it holds up to the test of time ... decades, centuries, millenia.

-->  Have fun

Actually I was pointing out how bad things are, I don't think the lack of patience social media has trained us to expect is a good thing!
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Internet programs are weak sauce. No one will care. Even if the BBC program reports that Roberts has a huge Scrooge McDuck gold vault in his backyard where he wallows around in money instead of making the game, the backers will just send him more millions. Call me when Scotland Yard or the FBI investigates.

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    Vrika said:
    RSI released total playtime for January - October 2019. If I remember correctly, counting from that number the average concurrency is about 1300 people online.
    ...how do you get concurrent users from total hours?
    ErillionrpmcmurphyDaranar
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    Gdemami said:
    Vrika said:

Exactly.

To my knowledge there is no real time concurrency counter for SC like in EVE that is openly available to backers.

I am sure the dev team has one. It was shown recently during the convention when they talked about the "Quantum" system.

Have fun

WalkinGlennrpmcmurphy
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    Will it be a fluff piece?

• rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    Erillion said:
    Gdemami said:
    To my knowledge there is no real time concurrency counter for SC like in EVE that is openly available to backers.

To reach the hours played over X period they would need to have 1300 people online 24/7.

Obviously that number is going to vary, but to reach those hours over that period it is the average needed.
    Gdemami
    edited December 2019
    Gdemami said:
    Vrika said:
    By going to high school.

You can count any average over time as
      average = total number / time

Everyone who's gone to high school should at least remember equation
      speed = distance / time
    Even if the speed varies over time, that equation will still always give you average speed.

Similarly
     concurrent players = total playtime / time
    will give you average concurrent players.

RSI had given use both the total playtime, 1 064 years, and the timespan January - October 2019, 10 months which means about 10/12 years. The equation becomes:
     concurrent players = 1 064 years / (10/12) years = 1276,8

This isn't exact calculation because the timespan used by RSI isn't exactly 10/12 years, but it's good enough if we round up the result and say that average concurrency is about 1 300 people.
    GdemamirpmcmurphyHatefull

edited December 2019
    Vrika said:
    By going to high school.
    ...I guess it was the same high school Kyleran was attending to - Music Video High School.

total playtime / time = playtime per unit of time

ie. 1064 years / 10 months = 106,4 years of playtime per month

The name Concurrent Players should give you a hint about what you are measuring - players.

Neither TotalPlayTime nor TimePeriod include unit of Players - you don't know how many players contribute to TotalPlayTime nor how many players there were over TimePeriod.

They are 2 different metrics.

There is a lot of fail on these boards(hence my lols) but this one takes the crown, truly a fail of epic proportions...
    Post edited by Gdemami on
    rpmcmurphy
    Ignoring that Vrika said average concurrency

No wonder you get lots of lols Gdemami, you sure do like to take things out of context.
    GdemamiNorseGod
    Ignoring that Vrika said average concurrency
    ...ah, another school mate.
    rpmcmurphy
    At least we went to school...
    Hatefull
    edited December 2019
    Gdemami said:
    Vrika said:
    By going to high school.
    ...I guess it was the same high school Kyleran was attending to - Music Video High School.

total playtime / time = playtime per unit of time

ie. 1064 years / 10 months = 106,4 years of playtime per month

The name Concurrent Players should give you a hint about what you are measuring - players.

Neither TotalPlayTime nor TimePeriod include unit of Players - you don't know how many players contribute to TotalPlayTime nor how many players there were over TimePeriod.

They are 2 different metrics.

There is a lot of fail on these boards(hence my lols) but this one takes the crown, truly a fail of epic proportions...
    If we use your own equation:
      total playtime / time = units of playtime per unit of time

The add to that equation playtime of 1 064 years and time of (10/12) years, we'll get
      1 064 years / (10/12) years = units of playtime per unit of time

Then calculate:
      1276,8 = units of playtime per unit of time

Your equation creates the same answer as my equation: Over that span of time, Star Citizen must have generated average of 1276,8 units of playtime per each unit of time.

Now what generates playtime? It's generated by accounts that are in-game. On average over that timespan Star Citizen had 1276,8 accounts in-game.
    Gdemami

Vrika said:
    On average over that timespan Star Citizen had 1276,8 accounts in-game.
    They did  not.
    rpmcmurphy
    Tell us what you think they had then Gdemami
    edited December 2019
    Gdemami said:
    Vrika said:
    On average over that timespan Star Citizen had 1276,8 accounts in-game.
    They did  not.
    How do you suggest they gained 1 276,8 units of playtime per unit of time?

Tell us what you think they had then Gdemami
    There is no way to to make any guess unless you have player numbers - I have explained that already.
    rpmcmurphy
    That does not mean you cannot work out an average.

Gdemami
    Vrika said:
    It has no relation to actual concurrent users.
    rpmcmurphy
    Because he is talking about an average, not actual. Do try to keep up.
    Gdemami
    edited December 2019
    Vrika said:
    ...you have wrong even this part.

1276,8 is the (estimated)number of TotalPlayedTime per full Year.

Just stop...it's becoming bizaar...
    rpmcmurphy
    edited December 2019
    Gdemami said:
    Vrika said:
    It has no relation to actual concurrent users.
    This is more advanced math, but the relationship between actual concurrent users and average playtime would be:

If we define P(t) as function that tells actual concurrent users at time t, then:

Playtime over certain period starting at time a and ending at time b is integral of P(t) from a to b.

Average players online over that same period is integral of P(t) from a to b, divided by (b - a).

b - a needs to be larger than zero for these equations to work. In other words the timespan may not be negative or zero.
    GdemamiMendel