Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Fastest Selling PC Star Wars Game for EA - MMORPG.com News

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited November 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageStar Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Fastest Selling PC Star Wars Game for EA - MMORPG.com News

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order may have just recently released, but it's already EA's fastest selling Star Wars game on PC.

Read the full story here

Comments

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    combat did make me remember jedi outcast, with the lightsaber of course
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    That isn't a huge statement, given that EA has literally made three Star Wars games over an entire console generation. 

I'm glad that a quality single player game is successful, but one can only dream of the output that would happen if EA did not own the exclusive rights to the franchise.
    PalebaneBluelinerBlueThunderBearinfomatzTacticalZombeh
  • PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011
    Half of those were probably preorders. Sometimes it doesnt show how good the game is, but how desperate people can be.
    alkarionlogGdemami

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    Palebane said:
    Half of those were probably preorders. Sometimes it doesnt show how good the game is, but how desperate people can be.
    The game has gotten decent reviews though. It might not be a groundbreaking masterpiece but the general consensus seems to be that it's a decent game. I know I'm enjoying it.
    PalebaneBlueThunderBear[Deleted User]VexiusxinfomatzRenfailsumdumguy1
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • RennisaRennisa Member UncommonPosts: 49

Sovrath said:

Palebane said:

The game has gotten decent reviews though. It might not be a groundbreaking masterpiece but the general consensus seems to be that it's a decent game. I know I'm enjoying it.

Yea, I think this time we are going to have to give this one to EA. A broken clock is right twice a day.
    Sovrathinfomatz
  • PortzPortz Member UncommonPosts: 118
    Not surprised, considering anything with Star Wars logo sells well.
    Gdemami
    Rennisa said:

Sovrath said:

Palebane said:

Yea, I think this time we are going to have to give this one to EA. A broken clock is right twice a day.
    the real question is, they finally learned? or it was a fluke?
    Rennisainfomatz
  • jgDuffayjgDuffay Member UncommonPosts: 237

Rennisa said:

Sovrath said:

Palebane said:

Hahha EA probably think its just fake news, there is no money in single player games.
    GdemamiTacticalZombeh
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    edited November 2019
    is no wonder , its a fun game , it helps that is SP and no MP with lootboxes and whatnot...

cant wait to see what DLCS are in the making (crossing fingers to being able to play second sister on one of those DLCs )
    sumdumguy1
    Rennisa said:

Sovrath said:

Palebane said:

Remember, they are a company, and a publicly traded one at that. They will always do what they need to do to maximize profits.

So even though this game sold well, they might try to emulate its success "but" eventually try to sneak in some extra money making items.
    TacticalZombeh

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Sovrath said:

Rennisa said:

Sovrath said:

Palebane said:

Remember, they are a company, and a publicly traded one at that. They will always do what they need to do to maximize profits.

So even though this game sold well, they might try to emulate its success "but" eventually try to sneak in some extra money making items.

with would mean they did not learn and will start to lose money again, with in turn makes it not being a good company to invest, if they are always willing to make the same mistake who make then lose money why even bother to invest?
    Gdemami

Sovrath said:

Rennisa said:

Sovrath said:

Palebane said:

with would mean they did not learn and will start to lose money again, with in turn makes it not being a good company to invest, if they are always willing to make the same mistake who make then lose money why even bother to invest?
    Only time will tell on all counts. 
    alkarionlogRaagnarz

• cameltosiscameltosis Member LegendaryPosts: 3,706
    Not surprising.

It's Star Wars.

It's single player

It's more than blatent hack'n'slash like Force Unleashed

Us Star Wars fans have been desperate for single player games for many years now. EA have been terrible holders of the license, barely developing any games and most of them being pretty generic. It's still not enough to get me to buy this game, I am still boycotting EA.

But, just imagine if EA had bothered to build an open world RPG Star Wars game.......

If it was even half-decent, they'd be able to reach astronomic levels of money! I mean, we've never had such a game, the knights series was close but still pretty linear. And those 2 games had atrocious combat!

One day....
    [Deleted User]GdemamialkarionlogPalebaneinfomatz
  • MurmaiderMurmaider Member UncommonPosts: 123
    I held off on getting the game until i read reviews and watched some gameplay.
    I am enjoying it a lot.

I could be wrong, but i think after the success of Apex Legends, EA probably decided to step back and let Respawn do their thing to see how it turns out.
    If that is true, it's probably the smartest thing they have ever done.
  • MurmaiderMurmaider Member UncommonPosts: 123

Arterius said:

Murmaider said:

I am enjoying it a lot.

I could be wrong, but i think after the success of Apex Legends, EA probably decided to step back and let Respawn do their thing to see how it turns out.

Murmaider said:

I am enjoying it a lot.

I think this game was in development before or around the same time as Apex Legends. Games now days take about 2-3 years to develop on a good day. Sometimes they can take 4-6. 

You're probably right. Perhaps it has to do with Titanfall 2? Although the game didn't sell too well, the reviews were very positive. Maybe that's what gave them the faith to step back?
  • RennisaRennisa Member UncommonPosts: 49
    edited November 2019

Rennisa said:

Sovrath said:

Palebane said:

That is good question that could only be answered with time.

Which is why I went with the broken clock stance. It gives this game and it's developer credit where it is due, but doesn't pass or absolve EA of past transgressions as a video game publisher.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• RenfailRenfail Member EpicPosts: 1,638
    Sovrath said:
    Palebane said:
    On my second playthrough presently, with difficulty cranked up a notch. Oh, and unlocking the 15% or so of areas/chests that I missed on my first playthrough. 
    [Deleted User]
    Tim "Renfail" Anderson | Wandering Hermits Patreon