Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ashes of Creation Details Upcoming Update, Castle Seiges Outlined Further - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited November 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageAshes of Creation Details Upcoming Update, Castle Seiges Outlined Further - MMORPG.com

Ashes of Creation has detailed their update on the MMORPG in their latest live stream, and provided a summary of the information in a blog post.

Read the full story here

Comments

• BlueThunderBearBlueThunderBear Member RarePosts: 228
    So...how long before they just admit they aren't doing the MMO? I mean seriously
    chocolate42069LeFantomeHaki88Rich84AlomarSailorMomMikehaGdemami
  • dipzicanwondipzicanwon Member UncommonPosts: 17
    Imagine if instead of trying to create another game being a BR mode it was like a Castle siege invasion mode like 200v200v200 battlegrounds kinda like Warhammer Online / Dark Age of Camelot mixed up ideas of progression. One can always imagine.
  • vegetableoilvegetableoil Member RarePosts: 768
    Ashes of Creation the MMORPG coming 2119 we'll see you then ;)
    chocolate42069
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Arterius said:

So an update to the Battle Royal not the MMO.... Wake me up when something good happens

Never heard of a battle royal with castle sieges... Never heard of these guys selling swords or land either, hmmm,

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • etlaretlar Member UncommonPosts: 855

bcbully said:

Arterius said:

So an update to the Battle Royal not the MMO.... Wake me up when something good happens

Never heard of a battle royal with castle sieges... Never heard of these guys selling swords or land either, hmmm,

They are as dishonest as they come, just because they dont sell ships that dont exist, dont make them angels. it has been many years since they kickstarted the mmorpg project, tons of ppl paid, then all of a sudden they decide to make a battleroyale game, which they say is only a testbed..now it sells battlepasses and other stuff, this has nothing to do with the mmorpg, and they are using crowdfunded money for a project no one wanted or backed.
    chocolate42069AlomarMikehaGdemami
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited November 2019
    LOL castle sieges,so lineage 2 minus the rest.Sadly that seemed to be the most popular idea in L2 an idea i did not share as being fun or any good at all.Castle sieges could be fun if done really well but they never are,just cheap ideas and nothing more.
    So this team goes for an easy cheap idea like a BR ,now castle sieges,seems they have given up on delivering an awesome mmorpg and just looking for easy cheap ideas to implement.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    They already said on their latest stream that they dont even know how their quest narrative structure is going to work yet....keep in mind that their original projection was for the full game to be released this year.....
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985
    Crickets... thats all I hear... should tell you something.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• slowz2secretslowz2secret Member RarePosts: 407
    People still believe in this bs?
  • sniperman248sniperman248 Member UncommonPosts: 38
    edited November 2019
    I don't get why people feel the need to jump to criticism I mean at least they are taking there time. Instead of rushing it out the gate like so many other mmorpgs. I'd rather wait 6 or 10 years for a well written story and quest chain along with polished mmorpg instead of rushing something out of the gate. Remember anthem and you will understand why rushing is bad.
    Slapshot1188Albatroes[Deleted User]
  • TruvidiennTruvidienn Member UncommonPosts: 320

This video shows a little bit of gameplay footage riding a bear mount. It's all movement but it's something?
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    edited November 2019
    etlar said:

bcbully said:

Arterius said:

They are as dishonest as they come, just because they dont sell ships that dont exist, dont make them angels. it has been many years since they kickstarted the mmorpg project, tons of ppl paid, then all of a sudden they decide to make a battleroyale game, which they say is only a testbed..now it sells battlepasses and other stuff, this has nothing to do with the mmorpg, and they are using crowdfunded money for a project no one wanted or backed.
    Ok sooo combat and sieges have nothing to do with the AoC mmorog? These things are what the f’n AoC mmorpg are fundamentally about. 

Just maybe these dudes are testing core systems like they said they are, w/o turning their game into limitless p2w before it launches.

just maybe their testing platform is so well made that some are having a good time and willing to pay. 

Imho what they are doing is far and away better than other crowd funded mmorpgs are doing.
    Gdemami
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • WizbuizWizbuiz Member UncommonPosts: 215
    Fake news
  • UntamedgunnerUntamedgunner Member UncommonPosts: 56
    I’m an original backer, talking years ago I bought one of the founder packs. The day they announced AoC BR I literally tweeted this. I as I’m sure many are disappointed that we backed an MMORPG and now we’re given a BR. Thanks for jumping on the BR wagon. I swear by my son THEY KICKED ME OFF THERE TWITTER PAGE. For that comment. I’m saddened by this BR explosion it’s, in my mind destroying the mmorpg genre.

Gdemamibcbully