Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Irth Online being released as a free game

2»

Comments

• HayatoHayato Member Posts: 7
    Really? Free? That is great! I have been trying to catch up on the game and have seen some rather negative opinions but with it being free I think I will get it. The release date is soon! Free! Yes!!!
  • faseleifaselei Member UncommonPosts: 155

Thanks for that Artifact, it certainly does sound less like a 'difficult' beta test and more like just a rubbish game! Was the main problem releasing in beta too early then?

The cooking issue is particularily perplexing...

• sethanonsethanon Member Posts: 46

Originally posted by Hayato
    Really? Free? That is great! I have been trying to catch up on the game and have seen some rather negative opinions but with it being free I think I will get it. The release date is soon! Free! Yes!!!

Jesus man, read my damn post, and click on the link I posted and read the posts at the official website. IT IS NOT A FREE GAME.

• SirBorisSirBoris Member Posts: 103

Originally posted by sethanon

Originally posted by Hayato

Jesus man, read my damn post, and click on the link I posted and read the posts at the official website. IT IS NOT A FREE GAME.

Even with what I have stated before it would be hard to believe it is FREE ...but perhaps they might consider it to turn around that 5.3 hype score.
  • BrawlkingBrawlking Member Posts: 57

The game is planned to be P2P, there have been no announcements made to the contrary. The price of $0 on that website is simply because we have not set a monthly fee. Only that it will be a competitive monthly rate.

Sorry for the confusion everyone :)

• Tanis45Tanis45 Member Posts: 4
    I guess there is a big difference between what it is ...and what it should be among the MMORPG community. Fee, free... or flee!
  • TheRugieTheRugie Member Posts: 5

Originally posted by Reacond
    After a tough Beta phase, it looks like Irth Online will be released as a free game to draw initial interest.  They haven't announced what the monthly fee is yet, so it's anybodies' guess as to whether they plan to charge a monthly fee later.

Aw come on! You know this will not be free! The devs had said it will be competitive ...talk around the water cooler suggests $12 to $15 per month! So stop saying its free, it ISN'T!
  • disstressdisstress Member Posts: 417

Originally posted by TheRugie
    Originally posted by Reacond After a tough Beta phase, it looks like Irth Online will be released as a free game to draw initial interest. They haven't announced what the monthly fee is yet, so it's anybodies' guess as to whether they plan to charge a monthly fee later.Aw come on! You know this will not be free! The devs had said it will be competitive ...talk around the water cooler suggests $12 to $15 per month! So stop saying its free, it ISN'T!
    If they actually make it to a stable release, they won't be able to get more than 5oo subs on it. The game is crap, plain and simple. It looks horrible, it plays like crap, and travel is so very very boring. Along with the scam contest they are running, I don't see them being around very long.

disstress, We have already spoken to you on the Irth Online forums about this. We have not perpetrated any scams on our testers and potential customers. We extended the contest deadline due to certain unforeseen circumstances, which is hardly a shady or scamming action, in fact the moving of the dead line was meant to give more testers an opportunity to participate in the contest. If you have a valid gripe with the way we've run the contest you can feel free to continue commenting in the thread that you already have on the Irth Online forums here:

http://www.irthonline.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6808

-Brawlking

• anarchyartanarchyart Member Posts: 5,378

Wow distress, I have nothing nice to say about you so I'm not gonna say anything. My parents raised me right.

Nice to see you here Brawlking, hope everythings going on schedule, Irth Online has a place in my heart and although I haven't been able to test much (HD crash) I'm gonna start downloading again tonight and get back in the ring. image

See you soon anarchyart :)
This discussion has been closed.