Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone Else having trouble getting account back ?

xD_GamingxD_Gaming Member EpicPosts: 2,739
edited November 2019 in Guild Wars
I'm curious if anyone else had a huge issue getting their count back for GW1.

I had all of the information in my ncsoft account and now it is gone ? I don't even remember getting any kind of e-mail  about it?
This is kind of frustrating because it was so long ago .

Going through all kind so boxes looking for clues at this point for the information they want :S
There is a multiverse inside our minds which millions live.
Twitter : @xD_Gaming_Merch
xD Merch : https://bit.ly/2v13MT8
"Dragons are tilly folly !"

Comments

• xD_GamingxD_Gaming Member EpicPosts: 2,739
    I'm throwing in the towel, this is becoming a redundency . Really a shame that arenaet felt it was their right to take away something I bought, but I should have kept track of the information and not rely on NcSoft to keep my purchase history from 2005.... :(
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 3,268
    edited November 2019
    I'm throwing in the towel, this is becoming a redundency . Really a shame that arenaet felt it was their right to take away something I bought, but I should have kept track of the information and not rely on NcSoft to keep my purchase history from 2005.... :(
    Dunno but I had to link both account a good while back and didn't have all the info though I have the boxes from gw1 and, I could be mistaken here, I think I told them I didn't have most of the info they wanted so they just asked for the name of a character I had on the account or something.  Took a few emails back and forth for sure but it got done.

xD_Gaming

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

edited November 2019
    last thing I would've ever think to happened is no record of products on NcSofts  , they don't even have my 2 L2 keys listed...

I got to commend eve online, they have handled my account since the launch with no issues, same for Turbine and surprisingly Funcom .

It is a dark day when Funcom out does another publishers account handling lol :) 
    Asm0deus
    edited November 2019
    that's that, never purchasing from Arenanet agian. Never again. I'm starting to think they don't have the information and fdisk accounts that where 10 years or older. 

Post edited by xD_Gaming on
    edited November 2019
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,435
    edited November 2019

I had all of the information in my ncsoft account and now it is gone ? I don't even remember getting any kind of e-mail  about it?

Going through all kind so boxes looking for clues at this point for the information they want :S
    Contact ANET. You need the name of at least 1 character on your GW1 account to recover it. I forgot all my characters names around the time GW1 was moved out of NCSOFT website and into ANET website so I couldn't reset my password. I contacted ANET (Not NCSOFT) and they merged both games to my GW2 account credentials, which is very convenient.

They solved it in just a couple of minutes.

EDIT: forgot to say i also did not link both accounts before GW1 was removed from NCSOFT website because i have the physical discs for GW1. That's why they merged both games to my GW2 account.

NCSOFT account management has always been the absolute worst, but ANET's is very simple.

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 3,268
    edited November 2019

Contact ANET. You need the name of at least 1 character on your GW1 account to recover it. I forgot all my characters names around the time GW1 was moved out of NCSOFT website and into ANET website so I couldn't reset my password. I contacted ANET (Not NCSOFT) and they merged both games to my GW2 account credentials, which is very convenient.

They solved it in just a couple of minutes.

EDIT: forgot to say i also did not link both accounts before GW1 was removed from NCSOFT website because i have the physical discs for GW1. That's why they merged both games to my GW2 account.

NCSOFT account management has always been the absolute worst, but ANET's is very simple.
    Aye that exactly how it was for me. I had the boxes but never linked both accounts so I had to contact Anet.  I just don't remember if I gave them any other info than the name of one character in my gw1 account, I don't think I did as I never even tried to contact ncsoft.

Like rojoArcueid I just gave them the name of one gw1 character and they added my gw1 account to my gw2 arenanet account.
    rojoArcueid

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

If I keep trying it will just ruin my gw2 experience. 

1. Those hard disk are dead that any of that info is on
    2. I haven't played in a long time so no app data entries or document folders
    3. I have wrote down my password book my username and password
    4. I digitally bought the game from NcSoft and never  had a physical box and code was applied on purchase.

I don't think funcom would ever try this, removing purchased items onto another service and not e-mail the person.

I always keep up with my NcSoft account, Kept it uptodate with e-mails addresses fresh the passwords some times, it is just frustrating that someone would remove the only evidence I owned gw 1 from my NcSoft account.

Makes my head hurt, thanks for help but I went a different route. 
    edited November 2019
    issue not resolved. Will never buy or play another arenanet game in my life. they no longer exist in my world.