Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kingdom Under Fire 2 Previewed - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited November 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageKingdom Under Fire 2 Previewed - MMORPG.com

Last week we had the opportunity to get some hands-on time with Kingdom Under Fire 2, an ambitious MMORTS. From what we saw last week it looks like KUF2 might have been able to combine both into an exciting and compelling gameplay experience.

Read the full story here

Comments

• MoodsorMoodsor Member UncommonPosts: 712
    edited November 2019
    Nvm, im blind

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    edited November 2019
    Is RTS really the most apt comparison? It sounds more like an action game with light strategy elements.

Not Dynasty Warriors, but rather its cousin, Samurai Warriors (which also inspired my personal favorite - Fire Emblem Warriors). You have your main character, like any Dynasty Warriors game, and then you have a few backup heroes that you can issue orders to or swap control to if needs be.

And it works, because the "challenge" of these games isn't so much what you are doing (the intentionally easy, power fantasy combat) but rather where and when you do it (positioning yourself and your allies to attack and defend objectives as quickly and efficiently as possible). 
  • F2PlagueF2Plague Member UncommonPosts: 232

probably one of the most unique fantasy games in the last 5 years, can''t wait to try it !

Wish I could see what you see.
  • PortzPortz Member UncommonPosts: 118
    Too late.
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,348
    F2Plague said:

probably one of the most unique fantasy games in the last 5 years, can''t wait to try it !

Wish I could see what you see.
    If you think it's not unique, then can you name another game that is similar to it?
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Are you on a team of other similar players vs npcs or something? Trying to find the mmo aspect outside of it just being online.
    Valdheim
  • RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029
    it looks like an old game that they finally released so they can try and get some money back for what they spent on it.
  • DXSinsDXSins Member UncommonPosts: 324

That all sounded good until i scrolled down to the bottom of the buy game page and seen the Gameforge logo.

Wonder if they will do a video on how Gameforge is planning their version for EU... we've seen it alot of times how they WILL change the games with titles like Aion and TERA for the EU version compared to the NA version. Pushing many EU players to rather playing with high ping on the NA version instead of the greedy EU version.
  • PortzPortz Member UncommonPosts: 118
    edited November 2019
    Game died in every region possible so don't expect to last this long. I even expect this going f2p in a few months.
  • TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685
    edited November 2019
    Albatroes said:
    Are you on a team of other similar players vs npcs or something? Trying to find the mmo aspect outside of it just being online.
    You can party up with others even in the musou (mass army) missions, but I haven't actually tried so yet or gotten far enough to have access to parties.  Apparently there's like, 10 party member slots though so I can't help but wonder just how CROWDED those army-vs-army missions get.

DXSins said:

That all sounded good until i scrolled down to the bottom of the buy game page and seen the Gameforge logo.

Wonder if they will do a video on how Gameforge is planning their version for EU... we've seen it alot of times how they WILL change the games with titles like Aion and TERA for the EU version compared to the NA version. Pushing many EU players to rather playing with high ping on the NA version instead of the greedy EU version.
    There's already an EU server on the server list, though I didn't test it to see if it works.

Opinion:  The game's normal RPG sections are just the same old boring MMO stuff and I kinda wonder why they even bothered having it in the game.  The musou (army vs army) missions where you direct troops around and fight alongside them and try to capture mission objectives and basically drown yourself in hordes of enemies big and small alongside hordes of allies etc are lots of fun though.  So far the ratio of both seems to be about half and half but I dunno if that'll change later on though.
    Eh....its free, so I guess I'll test it out next week or something.
  • CaffynatedCaffynated Member RarePosts: 753
    I love the concept but the execution looks clunky. It's something I'll keep an eye on though as I'd really like to see this genre take off.

Albatroes said:

Eh....its free, so I guess I'll test it out next week or something.

Wow I was wrong, its actually b2p lol....Gameforge and a B2P game, yeah that doesn't smell like a cash grab.