Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Something most game pass on

2»

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 17,882
    Exploration to WHAT?

Empty space, a planet surface that is also empty?I do realize how tough it is to create enough assets to build a game that lands on planets and moves through space,it is nearly IMPOSSIBLE to pull off.However .....guess what,i am not trying or pretending to build the impossible game,Chris Robert's is "pretending" he can do the impossible.

Even during the early stages when he showed off some videos i noticed a lot of simple repeating assets.When i actually tried the game ,the only thing i found interesting was the potential of the HANGAR which was never done to my standards either.

Ships should have never been considered as a cash shop idea,they should have been crafted/built/designed in your hangars.The game should have featured blueprints that would be discovered from various civilizations,different materials discovered with different properties.

This Robert's guy managed to remove the best part of a game like this as well the immersion by simply turning it into a cash shop in space.

MaurgrimxD_Gaming

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• GodeauGodeau Member UncommonPosts: 69
    I watch youtube videos and walkthroughs thinking, today is the day I will fianlly find it ! Yet I still haven't found it lol/.

One could argue that by watching/reading guides online, already spoils immersion for said player.
    Back then, games didn't have a treasure trove of information readily available on the www and laid out nicely, either by the devs themselves, wiki, or data mined.

You could just go in blind and play it, as is.
    (Of course, i know that games adapt and evolve to cater to the adult crowd that have only a couple of hours of playtime and they don't want to be running around aimlessly.)
  • CoticCotic Member UncommonPosts: 268
    As my bvlock list grows: I am baffled how someon corrects another's person opinion of what he or she enjoys about a game. The hate for Star Citizen is reaching a level i've never seen before, and I hope the moderators can take some action because I'm running out of block spaces.

This is 1 of the weirdest things i have read on here mon.

If u are wrong about someting and get corrected it is not hate. Is ur ego so fragile?
    NorseGod
  • xD_GamingxD_Gaming Member EpicPosts: 2,690
    Godeau said:
    I watch youtube videos and walkthroughs thinking, today is the day I will fianlly find it ! Yet I still haven't found it lol/.

One could argue that by watching/reading guides online, already spoils immersion for said player.
    Back then, games didn't have a treasure trove of information readily available on the www and laid out nicely, either by the devs themselves, wiki, or data mined.

You could just go in blind and play it, as is.
    (Of course, i know that games adapt and evolve to cater to the adult crowd that have only a couple of hours of playtime and they don't want to be running around aimlessly.)
    I feel that way, since the game is set ina time period of space exploratrion, I would image that they have a vast internet collective that would have "logs" and data of the areas one is looking. Enter "The Expanse" 
    There is a multiverse inside our minds which millions live.
    Twitter : @xD_Gaming_Merch
    xD Merch : https://bit.ly/2v13MT8
    "Dragons are tilly folly !"
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 36,379
    Cotic said:
    As my bvlock list grows: I am baffled how someon corrects another's person opinion of what he or she enjoys about a game. The hate for Star Citizen is reaching a level i've never seen before, and I hope the moderators can take some action because I'm running out of block spaces.

If u are wrong about someting and get corrected it is not hate. Is ur ego so fragile?
    I don't understand why someone disagreeing with your opinion illicits such a strong negative reaction.

I mean, people here are regularly disagreeing with my opinions and its OK, I've accepted they are all wrong and my mission in life is to help educate them. 

;)

Look, none of this is really personal, at the end of the day we are just sparring here for a bit of fun, well, at least in my case.

xD_GamingCotic

"See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing FO76 at the moment.

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

edited November 2019
    I find it way more annoying that someone attempting to be  a White Knight would disregard others opinions as opinions and take it upon himself to call them HATE.Fact is also just that  fact and should not be considered as some form of hate speech.
    In reality ,what i have seen become of the internet over the past 10 or so years is a lot of VERY immature people have turned to using slang words to perform THEIR OWN hate of others opinions.
    So often people use terms like troll or haters feeling that it is a safe way to insult others and their own opinions of a game.

I should educate some that don't already "get it"but should fully understand it.A game is just an entity it has no feelings,morals or hate,it is just code.When people talk about not liking ideals behind Star Citizen it is more about the guy running the show,Mr.Robert's whom imo is a bumbling idiot who should NOT be given any money to make a video game.

I could point to a very SIMPLE example>>>John Smedley.I loved SOE for MANY years,i loved a lot of their games but one person was in charge and held the ability to ruin every one of those games and did just that until the business was a sink hole that disappeared forever.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

SO to anyone that does NOT get it,this game will NEVER be the best it can be with Mr.Robert's a the helm and imo should have been very obvious once he hired his brother to move in after already deciding in the beginning he was not the best choice lol.

The game imo<<IMO or better yet is FACT has already been ruined FOREVER by selling the ships in a cash shop outside the game world,this is like the ultimate fail for a game design by taking THE GAME out of the game.

edited November 2019
    Wizardry said:
    Exploration to WHAT?

Empty space, a planet surface that is also empty?I do realize how tough it is to create enough assets to build a game that lands on planets and moves through space,it is nearly IMPOSSIBLE to pull off.However .....guess what,i am not trying or pretending to build the impossible game,Chris Robert's is "pretending" he can do the impossible.

Even during the early stages when he showed off some videos i noticed a lot of simple repeating assets.When i actually tried the game ,the only thing i found interesting was the potential of the HANGAR which was never done to my standards either.

Ships should have never been considered as a cash shop idea,they should have been crafted/built/designed in your hangars.The game should have featured blueprints that would be discovered from various civilizations,different materials discovered with different properties.

This Robert's guy managed to remove the best part of a game like this as well the immersion by simply turning it into a cash shop in space.

you do notice that you are filling gaps  that may change over development cycle ? 

this sentence

",the only thing i found interesting was the potential of the HANGAR which was never done to my standards either."

Not done to your standard, it's simple not done at all. 

"Ships should have never been considered as a cash shop idea"

It's not a cash shop, it is  crowdfunding. When you buy a package, you get the ship + digital copy of the game + Star Marines + Squadron 42 .  2.5 games. Star Citizen will probably be 59.99 / Star Marines could be a f2p arena game and Squadron 42 49.99  or more. 

I like your posts and I'm "dogging it" it is just more of the same as people are talking "final product" and "personal expectation" when the game is still in alpha. 
    Cotic
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Wizardry said:
    Exploration to WHAT?

It's not a cash shop, it is  crowdfunding. When you buy a package, you get the ship + digital copy of the game + Star Marines + Squadron 42 .  2.5 games. Star Citizen will probably be 59.99 / Star Marines could be a f2p arena game and Squadron 42 49.99  or more. 

I like your posts and I'm "dogging it" it is just more of the same as people are talking "final product" and "personal expectation" when the game is still in alpha. 
    There are standalone ships where you get nothing but the ship. Also SQ42 isn’t included in most if not all packages anymore and was split off so you need to buy it separately.
  • RueTheWhirlRueTheWhirl Member UncommonPosts: 33
    edited November 2019
    I'm just gonna reply quickly and say that when I'm out for a walk/hike which is often it's the idea of exploration and being about and noticing interesting things. This works in games. Nice post! Cheers!
    xD_Gaming
  • CoticCotic Member UncommonPosts: 268
    edited November 2019
    Kyleran said:
    Cotic said:

I don't understand why someone disagreeing with your opinion illicits such a strong negative reaction.

I mean, people here are regularly disagreeing with my opinions and its OK, I've accepted they are all wrong and my mission in life is to help educate them. 

;)

Look, none of this is really personal, at the end of the day we are just sparring here for a bit of fun, well, at least in my case.

The only strong reaction here is blocking ppl cos they got corrected over bad information.

U say ur only here for laughs, well so am i and that guy blocking ppl cos he was misinformed is real funny.
  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197

It's Star Marine, singular.
    Do you even play the game you're defending?

You must really be desperate to mention it in this day and age... considering how terrible the FPS gameplay is compared to pretty much any other FPS out there.

..Cake..

• rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,497
    In my opinion it's definitely wrong saying it is not a cash shop.

When they dropped stretch goals it stopped being what I consider as crowdfunding. They had a short term target and achieving it would benefit everybody who participated, all purchases contributed towards reaching that stretch goal,

Now you don't contribute towards a target anymore, there's no pitching in to reach the next $1 million to unlock something that benefits everybody, instead you buy a specific ship solely for your own benefit.

• rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,497
    edited November 2019
    Kyleran said:

Prime_Directive
    said:

;)

I think Kyleran messed up his quote :) It makes a lot more sense if your post is removed, as I have done above.

Kyleran
    Kefo said:
    Wizardry said:
    Exploration to WHAT?

There are standalone ships where you get nothing but the ship. Also SQ42 isn’t included in most if not all packages anymore and was split off so you need to buy it separately.
    Glad I bought in early then :)
    Erillion
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 36,379
    Kefo said:
    Wizardry said:
    Exploration to WHAT?

Buy early, buy often, buy forever, it's the Star Citizen Way.

:D 
    PhaserlightAmathe

"See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing FO76 at the moment.

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kyleran said:
    Kefo said:
    Wizardry said:
    Exploration to WHAT?

Buy early, buy often, buy forever, it's the Star Citizen Way.

Indeed. That is why they are biggest project since Waterworld... lol
    Kyleran
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 3,245
    Kyleran said:
    Kefo said:
    Wizardry said:
    Exploration to WHAT?

Buy early, buy often, buy forever, it's the Star Citizen MMO Way.

There fixed it to reflect todays online only gaming reality!
    Kyleran

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.