Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lets be serious here.

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    edited November 2019
    ZeekPlayz said:
    ZeekPlayz said:
    ZeekPlayz said:
    https://chroniclesofelyria.com/blog/21106/State-of-Elyria-July-2017

1. V3 of the Website (Q3 2017)
    2. ElyriaMUD (Q4 2017)
    3. Alpha 1 (T1 2018)
    4. Server Selection (T1 2018)
    5. Settlement / Domain Selection (T2 2018)
    6. KoE (T2 2018)
    7. Design Experiences (T3 2018)
    8. Alpha 2 (T3 2018)
    9. Beta 1 (S1 2019)
    10. Prologue & CoE Adventure Toolkit (S1 2019)
    11. Exposition (S1 2019)
    12. Beta 2 (S1/S2 2019)
    13. Stress Test (Any paid account)(S2 2019)
    14. Launch (S2 2019)
    Caspian wrote this back in 2017, they wanted to full launch by the end of 2019. Not only are they not launching, there is nothing playable, the low poly videos we have seen demonstrate no mechanics, why did they even release these videos? Please enlighten me, i am all ears. Sure they raised 1M cash this kickstarter anniversary, but how much cash do you think they have now? After being in development for 3-4 years, how much of that 7.5M is still left in the bank? Do you know how much they will need moving forward to bring this title to life? As of end of 2019, they have zero...also I have never seen any evidence of the Soulborn engine, if you have seen it let me know.
    Just as a reminder, this timeline was meant for the start of development not the estimated release.

That is a silly shield that the Ivory Tower uses.   It's about to be 2020.  Are they "starting" work on launch? Stress test? Beta 2?  Expo? Prologue? CoE Adventure Toolkit? Beta 1?

Come on man...  From that list above please check off what was actually done.

PS:  Another Kickstarter nugget is that the PROMISED to provide an updated schedule on the CoE Website.   Go look for the latest one and let me know where that might be found.
    What is your discord if I may ask? I would love to discuss this out of the forum as replying to replies is getting harder lol. I do not have access to the CoE discord as I am banned from it.
    sorry you were banned, did you not take Focii's DM's seriously?
    Focii? No. I was banned because they didnt like me. No actual reason for it.
    Here's the good news,  no matter how much we may "debate" with you or disagree perhaps, as long as you refrain from directly attacking other posters (too much) you'll never lose the priviledge to speak your mind.

I much prefer living under a bridge where free speech is welcome than in an ivory tower where prolonged dissent isn't tolerated. (Rule 15, remember?)

Also while we are harsh critics but you might be surprised to know many here would actually like to see this game made, as envisioned it sounds wonderful. 

That said, we believe in truth in game development, a foreign concept it seems, many "forgive" these indie devs for either flat out lying or being so inept they are missing dates 5, 6 or more years,  especially when they are the supposed experts while we are just a bunch of armchair developers. 

TLDR version: we are actually not your "enemy" nor do we wish to see this game fail, just to understand if there's a viable plan to release besides endless fundraising efforts to keep the doors open.

Keep coming back.

[Deleted User]GdemamiMendel

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ZeekPlayzZeekPlayz Member UncommonPosts: 27
    I made a post september of this year but didnt post it as I thought the progress showed hop,e but now I just posted it:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/ChroniclesOfElyria/comments/dvindg/this_game_concerns_me/
    Gdemami
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,167
    edited November 2019
    ZeekPlayz said:
    ZeekPlayz said:
    ZeekPlayz said:
    https://chroniclesofelyria.com/blog/21106/State-of-Elyria-July-2017

1. V3 of the Website (Q3 2017)
    2. ElyriaMUD (Q4 2017)
    3. Alpha 1 (T1 2018)
    4. Server Selection (T1 2018)
    5. Settlement / Domain Selection (T2 2018)
    6. KoE (T2 2018)
    7. Design Experiences (T3 2018)
    8. Alpha 2 (T3 2018)
    9. Beta 1 (S1 2019)
    10. Prologue & CoE Adventure Toolkit (S1 2019)
    11. Exposition (S1 2019)
    12. Beta 2 (S1/S2 2019)
    13. Stress Test (Any paid account)(S2 2019)
    14. Launch (S2 2019)
    Caspian wrote this back in 2017, they wanted to full launch by the end of 2019. Not only are they not launching, there is nothing playable, the low poly videos we have seen demonstrate no mechanics, why did they even release these videos? Please enlighten me, i am all ears. Sure they raised 1M cash this kickstarter anniversary, but how much cash do you think they have now? After being in development for 3-4 years, how much of that 7.5M is still left in the bank? Do you know how much they will need moving forward to bring this title to life? As of end of 2019, they have zero...also I have never seen any evidence of the Soulborn engine, if you have seen it let me know.
    Just as a reminder, this timeline was meant for the start of development not the estimated release.

That is a silly shield that the Ivory Tower uses.   It's about to be 2020.  Are they "starting" work on launch? Stress test? Beta 2?  Expo? Prologue? CoE Adventure Toolkit? Beta 1?

Come on man...  From that list above please check off what was actually done.

PS:  Another Kickstarter nugget is that the PROMISED to provide an updated schedule on the CoE Website.   Go look for the latest one and let me know where that might be found.
    What is your discord if I may ask? I would love to discuss this out of the forum as replying to replies is getting harder lol. I do not have access to the CoE discord as I am banned from it.
    sorry you were banned, did you not take Focii's DM's seriously?
    Focii? No. I was banned because they didnt like me. No actual reason for it.

KyleranZeekPlayz[Deleted User]
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• goldboyy45goldboyy45 Member UncommonPosts: 301
    The thread here was taken down by SbS, some one tried to get more info on this in discord chat and Serpentius told everyone to drop it. Any criticism or questioning gets censored. Link below.

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/34268/this-game-concerns-me
    Gdemami
  • HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    ZeekPlayz said:
    I'm zeek. And I'm here to get some *Facts* into this mmorpg forum. 
    Just as a disclaimer, mmorpg is a joke among people in CoE. 
     Everything after this line is blah blah blah. You felt the need to come here and white knight your beloved game on a forum you consider a joke. Cool story bro. Show me on the doll where this community touched you.  

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

Hatefull said:
    ZeekPlayz said:
    I'm zeek. And I'm here to get some *Facts* into this mmorpg forum. 
    Just as a disclaimer, mmorpg is a joke among people in CoE. 
     Everything after this line is blah blah blah. You felt the need to come here and white knight your beloved game on a forum you consider a joke. Cool story bro. Show me on the doll where this community touched you.  
    If you had read any of the rest of the thread you might have seen the OP has had a change of heart.

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115
    Gdemami said:
    ZeekPlayz said:
    And I'm here to get some *Facts* into this mmorpg forum. 
    ...wrong forums.
    Thank God we have you in these forums...number one contributor for facts.
    Or for better words, number one contributor for useless one liners.
    Slapshot1188MendelF2PlagueDakeru
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    edited November 2019
    TEKK3N said:
    ...hmm, better than useless walls of text, I suppose.

Regardless, if you cannot clearly articulate your point/argument in 1 or 2 sentences, there is little point writing more.
    Phaserlight
    edited November 2019
    Gdemami said:
    TEKK3N said:

Regardless, if you cannot clearly articulate your point/argument in 1 or 2 sentences, there is little point writing more.
    Always thought Lincoln went way too long on the Gettysburg address, oh, and the framers of the US Constitution, whatever were they thinking?

I guess 140 characters is enough for anyone. Oh wait, I see the limit doubled to 280 recently.

;)
    ScotSovrathMendel[Deleted User]

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,990
    Kyleran said:
    Gdemami said:
    TEKK3N said:

Always thought Lincoln went way too long on the Gettysburg address, oh, and the framers of the US Constitution, whatever were they thinking?

I guess 140 characters is enough for anyone. Oh wait, I see the limit doubled to 280 recently.

;)
    Don't get me started, every thing in the world, every idea, every philosophy, every scientific theory, the whole caboodle can be meaningfully summed up in one or two sentences? Why do you think tweets are cut short, before the idea is fully developed in any sort of...
    KyleranMendel
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,986
    Gdemami said:
    ZeekPlayz said:
    ...wrong forums.
    People in some of the posts below yours provided facts, such as the statements included in the kickstarter campaign and quotes stated during their interviews.

You, of course, responded in your usual way which is by clicking "lol" on any post you disagree with.

Seriously, why dont you just GTFO already?
    Don’t let him do his normal derailment thing.  Just ignore him and enjoy the free lol.
    KyleranMendel

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Gdemami said:
    ZeekPlayz said:
    ...wrong forums.
    People in some of the posts below yours provided facts, such as the statements included in the kickstarter campaign and quotes stated during their interviews.

You, of course, responded in your usual way which is by clicking "lol" on any post you disagree with.

Don’t let him do his normal derailment thing.  Just ignore him and enjoy the free lol.
    I tried to get rid of him by reporting him multiple times, but apparently this behavior is totally acceptable in this forum.

Anyway, I get your point...
    I’ve said it before, just see him as someone with Gilles de la Tourette that says LOL every time he wants to say Agree, Awesome or Insightful. And then move on to the actual topic. Which is an interesting one, its quite the change of heart for someone coming here to educate the haters, my spider senses are tingling a bit tbh.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Kyleran
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

edited November 2019
    lahnmir said:
    Gdemami said:
    ZeekPlayz said:
    ...wrong forums.

I tried to get rid of him by reporting him multiple times, but apparently this behavior is totally acceptable in this forum.

Anyway, I get your point...
    I’ve said it before, just see him as someone with Gilles de la Tourette that says LOL every time he wants to say Agree, Awesome or Insightful. And then move on to the actual topic. Which is an interesting one, its quite the change of heart for someone coming here to educate the haters, my spider senses are tingling a bit tbh.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    I actually agree on that second part.  I feel a bit used TBH. But is profile on COE shows a level 5 backer which is significant cash.

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Gdemami said:
    TEKK3N said:

No it’s not better, one liners should be relegated to memes, maybe that’s your vocation, in which case forums are not the ideal place.

Forums are made to make articulated arguments, if you have a short attention span, again, maybe it’s not the place for you.

Also this is a casual forum where facts and opinions mix, sometimes there are facts, sometimes just opinions, sometimes both.

In all cases it’s a place to discuss MMORPG stuff and state your point of view and opinion, things you clearly don’t have, as I never read a post of yours where you actually take a clear stance on anything.
    KyleranGdemamiMendel
  • TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685
    edited November 2019
    Gdemani got temp banned several times (but never perma'd).  I'm not a mod so I don't know if it was in part for constantly posting posts that were entirely ad hoc to everyone and contributed nothing to the discussion that never even state or provide support for WHY everyone here is whatever cutdown ad hoc he is currently claiming with his latest useless post.  (The posts he made here that everyone is quoting being a good example of that).  Only the mods know if that was one of the reasons.

That's probably why he mostly just LOLs others' posts, these days, trying to keep a low profile. But he still loses control every once in a while and just has to post how everyone else sucks without saying specifically why instead of sticking to LOLing from the shadows.
    Post edited by TiamatRoar on
    edited November 2019
    TEKK3N said:
    Gdemami said:
    TEKK3N said:

No it’s not better, one liners should be relegated to memes, maybe that’s your vocation, in which case forums are not the ideal place.

Forums are made to make articulated arguments, if you have a short attention span, again, maybe it’s not the place for you.

Also this is a casual forum where facts and opinions mix, sometimes there are facts, sometimes just opinions, sometimes both.

In all cases it’s a place to discuss MMORPG stuff and state your point of view and opinion, things you clearly don’t have, as I never read a post of yours where you actually take a clear stance on anything.
    You know what, over the years I'm not sure he's ever confirmed actually playing any MMORPGS or video games in general.

He withholds this info for some reason,  not sure why.

If I were to venture a guess I'd say WOW, EVE, and might even be a COE backer.

TEKK3N

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    The Tale of Zeek.

Forgive me. I don't mean to cast any aspersions or step on any toes. But something is bugging me.

@ZeekPlayz  a  very new avatar on these boards, shows up and throws down a gauntlet. The website is a joke he claims. We all tell lies about CoE, he claims. He is here with the facts, he claims. Bring it on - he will defend CoE. 

And before a proper flame war (which normally would follow like night follows day) can even get off the ground, @Slapshot1188 is johnny on the spot with an impressive list of actual facts and sources. I mean that. It was impressive.

But then a remarkable thing happened. @ZeekPlayz declared he had an open mind, reflected on the facts, and CHANGED HIS MIND. 

Hold my beer. This is the internet. It's a game forum on the internet. It's a game forum on the internet with a decades long reputation for getting chippy. And it's 2019, the age of "alternative facts," where people don't change their minds! People don't admit they are wrong! They certainly don't have open minds and act graciously to whomever is goring their favorite ox. People counter-attack, dig in, make shit up, go ad hominem, and are utterly unpersuadable. 

I'm not saying that's a good thing. It's a very bad thing. More people should act like @ZeekPlayz and @Slapshot1188. They are model internet citizens in a world with very few of those.

But it's all a bit "on the nose" for me. Are you sure you guys aren't acting cooperatively to make a point and set an example? Because I've been a member here since March, 2005, and this kind of thing never happens.
    SovrathGdemamiPhaserlightSequriemHatefullWaan

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015
    Amathe said:

But it's all a bit "on the nose" for me. Are you sure you guys aren't acting cooperatively to make a point and set an example? Because I've been a member here since March, 2005, and this kind of thing never happens.
    Dorky fact for the day: The composer Robert Shumann wrote for a journal where he created two literary alter egos: Eusebius and Florestan.

Each one had a different temperament and each one would argue on a different side of the same topic.

Maybe that's what's going on here.  They are, in fact, the same person. B) 
    AmathePhaserlightKyleranScotHatefull
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    Sovrath said:
    Amathe said:

That occurred to me. I just wasn't bold enough to say it because I didn't want to get @Slapshot1188 mad at me lol.

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

Amathe said:
    The Tale of Zeek.

Forgive me. I don't mean to cast any aspersions or step on any toes. But something is bugging me.

@ZeekPlayz  a  very new avatar on these boards, shows up and throws down a gauntlet. The website is a joke he claims. We all tell lies about CoE, he claims. He is here with the facts, he claims. Bring it on - he will defend CoE. 

And before a proper flame war (which normally would follow like night follows day) can even get off the ground, @Slapshot1188 is johnny on the spot with an impressive list of actual facts and sources. I mean that. It was impressive.

But then a remarkable thing happened. @ZeekPlayz declared he had an open mind, reflected on the facts, and CHANGED HIS MIND. 

Hold my beer. This is the internet. It's a game forum on the internet. It's a game forum on the internet with a decades long reputation for getting chippy. And it's 2019, the age of "alternative facts," where people don't change their minds! People don't admit they are wrong! They certainly don't have open minds and act graciously to whomever is goring their favorite ox. People counter-attack, dig in, make shit up, go ad hominem, and are utterly unpersuadable. 

I'm not saying that's a good thing. It's a very bad thing. More people should act like @ZeekPlayz and @Slapshot1188. They are model internet citizens in a world with very few of those.

I can’t speak to Zeek’s motives but I can assure you I never communicated with him in any form prior to my response. 

He does have a profile on the COE site going back a few years and he did post similar thoughts there recently.

I do have some suspicions about whether his initial post was 100% on the level and am surprised at his quick change of heart.  But his profile shows he actually hit “tier 5” related to his investment in COE so...  dunno.   Maybe we found a unicorn.  
    Gdemami

Sovrath said:
    Amathe said:

Dorky fact for the day: The composer Robert Shumann wrote for a journal where he created two literary alter egos: Eusebius and Florestan.

Each one had a different temperament and each one would argue on a different side of the same topic.

The Enders series had Locke and Demosthenes 

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    I bet its Gdemami showing his sensitive side without endangering his ‘village idiot’ persona.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir 
    AmatheDafAtRandomHatefulltweedledumb99
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

Slapshot1188 said:

But his profile shows he actually hit “tier 5” related to his investment in COE so...  dunno.    
    That's another thing. If I found out that a game company lied to me, well, that would just be another day ending in a "y." But if I found out that a game company lied to me after taking quite a lot of my money, I would be observably angry and using copious profanity. Whereas Zeek seems to be taking this in stride. But who can say. Maybe he is a trust fund kid. 
    Gdemami

Kyleran said:
    TEKK3N said:
    Gdemami said:
    TEKK3N said:

You know what, over the years I'm not sure he's ever confirmed actually playing any MMORPGS or video games in general.

He withholds this info for some reason,  not sure why.

If I were to venture a guess I'd say WOW, EVE, and might even be a COE backer.

Because he likes to play it safe.
    Stating an opinion make you subject to sarcastic lines, and he doesn’t want to be the target.

He doesn’t want to lose to his own game to people who are better than him at sarcasm and cut downs.

Or maybe, he really hasn’t got anything to say.
    Gdemami
    edited November 2019
    Sovrath said:
    Amathe said:

The Enders series had Locke and Demosthenes 

Those were written by two different characters, Ender's sister and brother Peter.

In an interesting twist each had to argue for the other side's opinion though it wasn't their actual nature.

Now me, I'll gladly argue both sides of any argument on just this account as I've always got a few personalities in my head willing to do so.

:* 

Wait, did I just write that out loud?

AmatheSovrath