Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cracked article pokes fun

2»

Comments

• rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    edited November 2019
    MaxBacon said:
    Sorry to break into this "only haters allowed" thread, but you can very well hate SC without rando misinformation

Civil discourse = hating? For real? Please keep your misinformation for your whiteknight only threads, thanks!

All the things listed in the article are actually facts, unflattering as they may be.
    NorseGod
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited November 2019
    MaxBacon said:
    Sorry to break into this "only haters allowed" thread, but you can very well hate SC without rando misinformation

Civil discourse = hating? For real? Please keep your misinformation for your whiteknight only threads, thanks!

All the things listed in the article are actually facts, unflattering as the may be.
    Context: OP. "Just don’t post and let’s see if we can contain all the “haters” to this thread." "All haters please do not respond to the fans and simply report"

Don't mind me, feel free to have such a discussion, you're yet to make your first post about it (well tbf you kinda just did, the rest was just about other posters)
  • NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    Tiller said:
    MaxBacon said:
    NorseGod said:

He called me a liar?

Melting ships down isn't even a refund, it's store credit. You still lose money either by a remaining balance of store credit or pay additional cost to upgrade.

It's no different than buying a $5 pair of socks on a $100 gift card. You're going to lose $95 or spend more than the original $100 trying to use up the remaining balance.

That's the point of store credit.
    TillerGdemami
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
    Stir that pot MaxyBoy, stir it hard...
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    NorseGod said:
    Tiller said:
    MaxBacon said:
    NorseGod said:

He called me a liar?

Melting ships down isn't even a refund, it's store credit. You still lose money either by a remaining balance of store credit or pay additional cost to upgrade.

It's no different than buying a $5 pair of socks on a $100 gift card. You're going to lose $95 or spend more than the original $100 trying to use up the remaining balance.

Yeah and how many folks like it when you go to return something to a store that is misleading, broken or not what was advertised and they say "we can only give you instore credit, sorry". Most consumers would be pissed. I guess they are OK with that, whatever. I know I would not be.
    GdemamiNorseGod
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

edited November 2019
    NorseGod said:
    Tiller said:
    MaxBacon said:
    NorseGod said:

He called me a liar?

You said:

"Your only choices at that point is either pay more money to get out of that ship or cut your loses and walk away, because you're not getting a refund."

You can melt that ship into credit, and buy another ship without any extra cost, unless that pledge costs more. You do not lose what you do not spend either, you can also use it to buy low-cost stuff as UEC.

The end of the day, there is an option in that scenario without extra cost.
  • NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    edited November 2019
    Tiller said:
    NorseGod said:
    Tiller said:
    MaxBacon said:
    NorseGod said:

Yeah and how many folks like it when you go to return something to a store that is misleading, broken or not what was advertised and they say "we can only give you instore credit, sorry". Most consumers would be pissed. I guess they are OK with that, whatever. I know I would not be.
    You just don't understand store credit development.
    Tiller
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    NorseGod said:
    Tiller said:
    NorseGod said:
    Tiller said:
    MaxBacon said:
    NorseGod said:

You just don't understand store credit development.
    Store credit is only valuable if that store sells something different that the customer wants to buy.  That doesn't include concepts like value or product.  If a company was refunding me $1000 because the goods I purchased weren't delivered, what suggests that the next item in the shop will be delivered?

The company has the money, they aren't giving it back no matter how unsatisfied the customer.

NorseGodKefo

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    MaxBacon said:
    NorseGod said:
    Tiller said:
    MaxBacon said:
    NorseGod said:

He called me a liar?

You said:

"Your only choices at that point is either pay more money to get out of that ship or cut your loses and walk away, because you're not getting a refund."

You can melt that ship into credit, and buy another ship without any extra cost, unless that pledge costs more. You do not lose what you do not spend either, you can also use it to buy low-cost stuff as UEC.

The end of the day, there is an option in that scenario without extra cost.
    Question:  Does the melt operation return the full value of money paid?

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    edited November 2019
    NorseGod said:
    Tiller said:
    <snip>
    <snip>. However, many of the ships still don't have their game loop/gimmick that they were sold upon.

<snip>
    Did you mean to say that?
    Post edited by gervaise1 on
    [Deleted User]
    edited November 2019
    Mendel said:
    Question:  Does the melt operation return the full value of money paid?

It is based on how much you paid yes (not tax if applied). The pledge made towards the game is the core, the ship is the reward for whatever you decided to buy, the melt exists so people can change that reward for some other based on the total they've spent.

This is not meant to be a cash refund, people use it to change their own hangar, especially when a new ship is released, a lot of people just melt and spend credit.
    The ship is not a "reward".

The ship is the purchase and the funds from the purchase are put towards development. There is no pledge, there is no reward. It is a simple transaction like going to Amazon or your local grocer.
    edited November 2019

The ship is the purchase and the funds from the purchase are put towards development. There is no pledge, there is no reward. It is a simple transaction like going to Amazon or your local grocer.
    It's not that different from Kickstarter reward tiers, pledge X get Y. Every time you pledge for a ship there is a clear disclaimer about this, it's a crowdfunding pledge used on the dev of the game.

But this is one of those pointless discussions I was on a another discussion recently seeing how some even see kickstarter as a pre-order platform for example.
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    edited November 2019
    MaxBacon said:

It's not that different from Kickstarter reward tiers, pledge X get Y. Every time you pledge for a ship there is a clear disclaimer about this, it's a crowdfunding pledge used on the dev of the game.

But this is one of those pointless discussions I was on a another discussion recently seeing how some even see kickstarter as a pre-order platform for example.
    Back when Star Citizen ran their kickstarter campaign they agreed to either fulfill all rewards or refund. I'm not sure what Kickstarter counts as under its current terms, but back then Kickstarter was a pre-order platform and all those purchases were pre-orders.

EDIT: I guess current Kickstarter purchases would still be pre-orders, except now it's a conditional where you either receive your promised rewards or the project creator takes the agreed-upon actions should he fail to deliver them

This discussion has been closed.