Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rolling a new character

xD_GamingxD_Gaming Member EpicPosts: 2,565
edited November 2019 in Blade & Soul
I'm excited for the ue 4 update , so I've decided to get a new character going. One of the major problems I always had was they would change the skills and I would have trouble rebuilding my character or remember what was what and where was what.

SO I have 2 accounts one with my main and another count I am playing to get back into the groove. I also noticed the population is pretty good as well. 
There is a multiverse inside our minds which millions live.
Twitter : @xD_Gaming_Merch
xD Merch : https://bit.ly/2v13MT8
"Dragons are tilly folly !"

Comments

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,553
    I was considering coming back and trying this out at some point as I hadn't played since launch. If the pop is decent maybe I'll jump in and see. 
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,205
    Isn't there only 1 server for each region? Easy enough to make it look populated.
  • xD_GamingxD_Gaming Member EpicPosts: 2,565
    edited November 2019
    yes. one server, which is the smart move imho. I want to get used to the controls before the update comes, they are kind of  or slightly better then Bless, but no where as fluid and Black Desert.
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,335
    evenw it several server it could be considered as a single server, the f8 dungeon finder is the whole region so you hardly or never did the dungeons on they entrance in your server.

also saying good pop is kind forcing, na take a nice hit after the russian launch of lost ark, since some people are there now, the UE4 update will happen on december to korea, take a bet of 4-6 months till NA/EU, plus teh event running now is boring as hell

I don't see why using 2 accounts, one account could hold 1 char of each class

FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
    I', sure if NcSoft could redo Wildstar, they would've  boiled it one server like Balde and Soul. 

I will say, It may take a few days to create my character, having hard time settling on a look :D 
    Pretty good session today, rolling with the new archer class.

I really like the stripped out  lower level questing. They really cut down the quests in the first few areas. In some cases it was like 2 quests and on to the next area, which I like since the xp gain was good enough to keep the train rolling

So far leveling been pretty good, 1- 20 today will be interesting to see if a xp wall hits and at what level, so far so good.
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,019
    My big gripe with the game was how they continually dumbed it down with mystic badges.  They effectively took the complex and interesting rotations that made BNS such a skill-based game and started to prune those down to 3-4 skill rotations, even for KFM.  

I will jump back in for UE4 and see how things are, but I didn't like the direction it was heading the last time I played.
    xD_Gaming
    My big gripe with the game was how they continually dumbed it down with mystic badges.  They effectively took the complex and interesting rotations that made BNS such a skill-based game and started to prune those down to 3-4 skill rotations, even for KFM.  

I will jump back in for UE4 and see how things are, but I didn't like the direction it was heading the last time I played.
    I'm noticing this and I really did like the original combat system. I don't even think I cam create my own combos which ifI remeber , one could do at launch, or was that a different game entirely ? 
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,019

I'm noticing this and I really did like the original combat system. I don't even think I cam create my own combos which ifI remeber , one could do at launch, or was that a different game entirely ? 
    Sort of.  You could change the way certain skills functioned which in essence would change your rotation.  They've actually added a third elemental branch for each class which I'm interested in as well but essentially you had different builds such as for KFM fire and wind.  Wind was more fast/furious with a higher skill cap and higher DPS potential but a complicated rotation.  Fire was high burst with lower overall damage than wind but easier to execute.  That sort of thing.
    xD_Gaming
    think I was thinkking of Tera online for combo creation...
    Think the elements are still on going as not all classes have them yet. 

I decide to reroll a warlock and I got to admit, it is pretty it is pretty awesome. The new changes to combat has made the warlock a tone more fun to play. 

No more click click , you can hold the button down now and go through combos. It makes the game so much more comfortable for older gamers. 

All of the changes to the skill system are kind of dumbed the game down quit a bit, but it is a bit easier to  log in from a long absence and play without having to redo the skill window. 

Think the warlock will be my main.
    edited November 2019
    Gorwe said:
    I decide to reroll a warlock and I got to admit, it is pretty it is pretty awesome. The new changes to combat has made the warlock a tone more fun to play. 

No more click click , you can hold the button down now and go through combos. It makes the game so much more comfortable for older gamers. 

All of the changes to the skill system are kind of dumbed the game down quit a bit, but it is a bit easier to  log in from a long absence and play without having to redo the skill window. 

Warlock Lyn is a good mix imo.
    I don't use Lyn :P // I don't think race matters anymore in creation...
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,335
    Gorwe said:

races matter little, I don't know why people like the rat race but I digress.

yes the skill system was dumbed down like hell, most classes now you just need to hold a button, and that is not even the macro button, also take note till now all classes who did received a 3rd spec, the game don't use elements anymore, are the most strong in term of dps you can get

example? bm fire, or the 1st spec, I did around 600k-700k dps, bm shadow, 3rd spec, the new one, I could same gear not even using some accessorys who raise the 3rd spec skills damage, 1,5m after everything changed, 2m easy more with buffs and during bursts

now if you want a easy class to play warden, fm, summoner, gunner and archer now are pretty easy and give high dps output without a problem, even with no top tier gear
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
    edited November 2019
    Gorwe said:

races matter little, I don't know why people like the rat race but I digress.

yes the skill system was dumbed down like hell, most classes now you just need to hold a button, and that is not even the macro button, also take note till now all classes who did received a 3rd spec, the game don't use elements anymore, are the most strong in term of dps you can get

example? bm fire, or the 1st spec, I did around 600k-700k dps, bm shadow, 3rd spec, the new one, I could same gear not even using some accessorys who raise the 3rd spec skills damage, 1,5m after everything changed, 2m easy more with buffs and during bursts

now if you want a easy class to play warden, fm, summoner, gunner and archer now are pretty easy and give high dps output without a problem, even with no top tier gear
    I started with the warden and archer, but itr was putting me to sleep, deleted the arch and rolled the Warlock which plays a lot like my Wizard in Black Desert in terms of feel and rotation. 

Like when I play, I have the same set up in all mmo's except for bdo, but with my keybinds with the warlock, it plays like bdo in terms of muscle memory.

The warden doesn't have any real flow I could find, it was very sketchy from skill to skill and doesn't feel authentic to the earlier classes .
    Cosmoguard
  • CosmoguardCosmoguard Member UncommonPosts: 7
    This may be a game I have to try. I watched a stream of it last night which I enjoyed and after reading these comments it couldn't hurt to check it out.
    xD_Gaming