Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 4 leak, dark and gritty and gross, no more rainbow shiny shit

DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
"Hey there you arrogant nephalems! My servants...

Whatever, I got some news about Diablo 4 for you all and I think you will like it despite what's been recently happening... If you don't want - don't believe me, especially since I can't provide any sources for this... My "history" could convince you but eh - I won't force anyone!

Diablo 4 is actually going to look dark, gritty and gross - no more rainbow shiny bullshit this time! Loactions are toned down, infrequently laid with corpses, wasteland, greyish deserts, clut caves surrounded by flesh, rotten crypts, marshes and bogs, plagued cities you name it. They are also seemingly much bigger, maybe even open? Characters now are able to ride horses (possibly other mounts), also there's contextual interaction with environment ? - climbing a wall Lost Ark style. Blood splatters look more like blood and not splashed jam too.

So far i can confirm 3 classes: mage (uses fire, ice and lightning so far), barbarian (swords, clubs, axes, kicks etc), and druid (lightning, wind, and transforming into beasts - so far bear and werewolf!).

Possibly there will be PvP from the start?. 4 player coop is there for sure.

All this game seems to be is a W I N K to the Diablo 2 fans, Lilith being the new diablo (she's covered in blood veil kinda), characters being shown sitting at a campfire as character selection, nitty gritty dark style that 2 was praised for, some skills also seem to be just taken from it and put in here (like sorceress' charged bolt). I'm interested and hope they don't fuck this up. The company is bad, but the game might not be this time.

2 points with "?" are just because it's not clear to me tbh... let's see what they say at the conference

no date yet too.. sorry.. If any questions I will answer later

Brushie out!"

https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/dpgwmv/diablo_4_information_leak_spoiler

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Not sure what Diablo your referring to but D3 is/was already dark.That was the ONLY thing i enjoyed about the game was the atmosphere,the dark type graphics,everything else about the entire Diablo series is mickey mouse game design.
    IDK who or what developer coined there ARPG genre but it needs to change to interest me at all.The way Arpg's are designed are just so shallow and i hate shallow gaming.What bothers me more is if a dev,say Blizzard is making a ton of money off these low budget game designs,they COULD....SHOULD improve on them at last the second go around,there is a mega ton room to improve the arpg genre.
    So for example ,ok D1 you like it whatever,i don't but come time D2 comes around ,i better see a 300% better game and D3 a 500% better game because that is how much room all of them have to improve.
    Aeander[Deleted User]

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    I think most of what this person leaking describes is already in Diablo 3, it just didn't have hyper realistic graphics or a gritty look, but it definitely had corpses laid about, wastelands, deserts (here they mention greyish deserts but I mean a desert is a desert), marshes, bogs, plagued cities. I mean cmon, they are literally just naming off diablo locations as a whole, which have remained largely the same since the first. The only real difference in the third game and the second visually was the less realistic approach and the "secret level" with the rainbows and stuff but the second game had the cow level which was also not a gritty toned secret level. 
    boris20
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    CHINA BAD
    WalkinGlennCyberFrog[Deleted User]delete5230Margrave
  • HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    Hope the story is good.  I really only play the story then I have a hard time getting into the repetition
    Azaron_Nightbladebartoni33
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Unpopular opinion but I much prefer the current, post ROS D3 to D2. The original release with the RM auction house was pretty shitty but they rebounded nicely from that. I still play it these days.
    [Deleted User]SandmanjwGorweelveone
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    DMKano said:

Never forget.

..and please do not, lol. Just let us know when you'll buy D4.

Anyway, I hope they will keep the combat from D3 ( or close to ) . One of the best ever. Is smooth, responsive and very fluid. Still kick ass and the best of any ARPG games out there, even after 7 years. 

Also PLEASE have great end-game content!

Thanks!

boris20Azaron_Nightblade

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,180
    Wizardry said:
    Not sure what Diablo your referring to but D3 is/was already dark.That was the ONLY thing i enjoyed about the game was the atmosphere,the dark type graphics,everything else about the entire Diablo series is mickey mouse game design.
    D3 is dark but it feels cartoony to me. I'm in the group that wants it to be a bit grittier
    [Deleted User]boris20[Deleted User]
    Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• WarEnsembleWarEnsemble Member UncommonPosts: 252
    Even if Blizzard announnced D4 today, it would still be 9 years before it was released... so who cares.
    Iselindelete5230
  • boris20boris20 Member RarePosts: 404
    Few things Id like to see in a D4, coming from D3. 

1. Add some sort of barter system back to the game. I like to farm loot. I like to sell that loot, to buy the loot I want. 
    2. A bit darker would be nice. I did feel the lighter theme of the game, but after playing a bit, I tended to notice it less. 
    3. Get rid of the damn hacked/duped items and such. Public gameplay is ruined on PS4 due to that. Godly crazy items being thrown around the floor in your game, 1000x better then anything you can actually loot legit. 
    4. Add more skill tree customization, maybe nothing as in depth as Path of Exile, but additional tweaking/options would be nice
    5. More rare items, like D2 had. Its a looter. Add all the loot. 
    6. I wouldnt mind a bit more companion customization. 
    7. A better end game to sink my teeth into. Grifts got stale to me. 
    [Deleted User]
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    boris20 said:

1. Add some sort of barter system back to the game. I like to farm loot. I like to sell that loot, to buy the loot I want. 
    2. A bit darker would be nice. I did feel the lighter theme of the game, but after playing a bit, I tended to notice it less. 
    3. Get rid of the damn hacked/duped items and such. Public gameplay is ruined on PS4 due to that. Godly crazy items being thrown around the floor in your game, 1000x better then anything you can actually loot legit. 
    4. Add more skill tree customization, maybe nothing as in depth as Path of Exile, but additional tweaking/options would be nice
    5. More rare items, like D2 had. Its a looter. Add all the loot. 
    6. I wouldnt mind a bit more companion customization. 
    7. A better end game to sink my teeth into. Grifts got stale to me. 
    I agree with most of that except for #5. Legendary loot drops should be tied to difficulty level a bit less with more drops at lower difficulties but if anything, once you're playing at Torments 13-16 it's too much. T16 is nuts with all the legendary drops.

But I would definitely like more variety and less sets. I like how much more open the LON and LOD builds are. The last couple of seasons have been IMO, a huge improvement with the free LON buff last season and the addition of the Legacy of Dreams gem in the current one.

Would love to see the pets be customizable in what they pick up too.
    [Deleted User]
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• ultimateduckultimateduck Member EpicPosts: 1,269
    Diablo 3 needs to have a "classic" mode where they use D3 graphics for D2 characters and drops.

• syltmackasyltmacka Member UncommonPosts: 404
    sounds good. now if they could add a better zoom for characters. i like to see how they look.
    and druids!
  • boris20boris20 Member RarePosts: 404
    Iselin said:
    boris20 said:

I agree with most of that except for #5. Legendary loot drops should be tied to difficulty level a bit less with more drops at lower difficulties but if anything, once you're playing at Torments 13-16 it's too much. T16 is nuts with all the legendary drops.

But I would definitely like more variety and less sets. I like how much more open the LON and LOD builds are. The last couple of seasons have been IMO, a huge improvement with the free LON buff last season and the addition of the Legacy of Dreams gem in the current one.

Would love to see the pets be customizable in what they pick up too.
    Yeah, thats what I meant by more loot. Id like more variety. More randomly generated stats. Less "unique item" drops. Uniques eventually become just trash thats sold. Thats something I find in Path of Exile, i vendor about 90% of the "unique" items I find. they arent very unique. 
    AlBQuirky
  • iixviiiixiixviiiix Member RarePosts: 2,256
    edited November 2019
    i don't expect much about D4 anyway , after watch what they did with reforged , i don't want a D2 remake .
  • MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    iam not really a Diablo fan. I only played D3, PoF, and Guild Wars 1.

are these leaks a good thing or bad thing from a Diablo fan?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• elveoneelveone Member RarePosts: 426
    I really hope they don't overcompensate with the art style and keep the color in the game. Diablo has always had some very pretty colors.
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    not sure why they go for the same old classes again.

something new would have been... new? ^^

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    I got D3 last year and decided I don't like ARPGs at all.
    Grim Dawn was $5 last week....To me that almost equals free and I think I would like that a lot more.  And still I couldn't get it.

I don't see much point of spraying everything with fire or spinning like a top untell everything is dead, then picking up 20x more trash loot than needed. 

Seriously whats the attraction ??...... I really want to know !
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    I got D3 last year and decided I don't like ARPGs at all.
    Grim Dawn was $5 last week....To me that almost equals free and I think I would like that a lot more.  And still I couldn't get it.

I don't see much point of spraying everything with fire or spinning like a top untell everything is dead, then picking up 20x more trash loot than needed. 

Seriously whats the attraction ??...... I really want to know !
    What DMKano said.

Discovering nice build combinations that blow away the screen in unique and creative way.
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations.