Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lost Ark is the #3 most popular game on here?

MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 2,620
Lost Ark is the #3 most popular game this year and #2 in the last six months, on mmorpg.com, based on # of hits?  That seems...off.  The discussion forum for the game is almost dead.  Was there a big marketing push or something in the last year?

#3Lost Ark812,232 Hits

Comments

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 2,620
    Number one most popular game of the day, week and month...
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 27,350
    Lost Ark is the #3 most popular game this year and #2 in the last six months, on mmorpg.com, based on # of hits?  That seems...off.  The discussion forum for the game is almost dead.  Was there a big marketing push or something in the last year?

#3Lost Ark812,232 Hits
    At one point it had a lot of buzz so that's most likely why.

• ArteriusArterius Member EpicPosts: 2,059
    I am looking forward to Lost Ark. Though I am starting to doubt it will ever comes west
  • DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 21,573
    You can play it free on russian servers with a VPN 

There's an English patch too already.

Super easy if you want to give it a shot.

Kiratv on YouTube has a whole guide how to install patch and play if you want to try it.

Not gonna link it but you can search it easily enough with the info I provided
  • DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 21,573
    Arterius said:
    I am looking forward to Lost Ark. Though I am starting to doubt it will ever comes west

It's really not all that - been playing it for a while already.

It's not terrible but IMO what brings it down is that its basically a themepark mmo with ARPG combat.

I wish it had more depth of class builds like PoE and depth of gear builds as well... but no

It's just a linear themepark at heart mostly 
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 34,377
    It's due to a phenomenon called drunken upvoting...

:D 

"See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing POE at the moment.

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• AAAMEOWAAAMEOW Member UncommonPosts: 1,135
    Where do I see the ranking?  The front page have a top voted ranking.

I don't see a top hit ranking anywhere.
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member EpicPosts: 6,973
    I am playing Lost Ark the latest RU version.

It's really an amazing MMO it shines on multiple areas, this is such a needed title on the west but all remains very silent about it.
  • RemaliRemali Member UncommonPosts: 308
    Ill play it if it comes to eu seems alrlight to keep me for a couple of months but I don't think ill stick with it any more than that
  • kitaradkitarad Member EpicPosts: 5,231

#3Lost Ark812,232 Hits
    The hits don't have anything to do with the people actually posting. A lot of people including myself check out games without posting anything on the game's threads. I believe a majority of people visiting this site check the games without ever posting. If the site had to rely on posters to make an income they would be dead and gone.

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member EpicPosts: 6,973
    There is no lack of people searching up Lost Ark, it's very wanted on the west and since RU version released there is a lot of west people playing it.

Lost Ark in terms of hits is now 1st since last month, 2nd over the last 6 months.

I think the posters of this site are far more oblivious to this game than the people who been browsing it, hence why many hits not translating to many posts.
  • fearufearu Member UncommonPosts: 213
    Popular? Lol.

The charts just measure "hits", that is people coming to the website because of some reason to do with a game. That can just be a news article or whatever. It's pretty meaningless tbh.