Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lost Ark is the #3 most popular game on here?

MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
Lost Ark is the #3 most popular game this year and #2 in the last six months, on mmorpg.com, based on # of hits?  That seems...off.  The discussion forum for the game is almost dead.  Was there a big marketing push or something in the last year?

#3Lost Ark812,232 Hits

Comments

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Number one most popular game of the day, week and month...
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    Lost Ark is the #3 most popular game this year and #2 in the last six months, on mmorpg.com, based on # of hits?  That seems...off.  The discussion forum for the game is almost dead.  Was there a big marketing push or something in the last year?

#3Lost Ark812,232 Hits
    At one point it had a lot of buzz so that's most likely why.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    It's due to a phenomenon called drunken upvoting...

:D 

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• AAAMEOWAAAMEOW Member RarePosts: 1,605
    Where do I see the ranking?  The front page have a top voted ranking.

I don't see a top hit ranking anywhere.
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    I am playing Lost Ark the latest RU version.

It's really an amazing MMO it shines on multiple areas, this is such a needed title on the west but all remains very silent about it.
  • RemaliRemali Member RarePosts: 914
    Ill play it if it comes to eu seems alrlight to keep me for a couple of months but I don't think ill stick with it any more than that
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910

#3Lost Ark812,232 Hits
    The hits don't have anything to do with the people actually posting. A lot of people including myself check out games without posting anything on the game's threads. I believe a majority of people visiting this site check the games without ever posting. If the site had to rely on posters to make an income they would be dead and gone.

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    There is no lack of people searching up Lost Ark, it's very wanted on the west and since RU version released there is a lot of west people playing it.

Lost Ark in terms of hits is now 1st since last month, 2nd over the last 6 months.

I think the posters of this site are far more oblivious to this game than the people who been browsing it, hence why many hits not translating to many posts.
  • fearufearu Member UncommonPosts: 288
    Popular? Lol.

The charts just measure "hits", that is people coming to the website because of some reason to do with a game. That can just be a news article or whatever. It's pretty meaningless tbh.