Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pantheon/Visionary Realms bi-weekly videos

24

Comments

  • KumaponKumapon Member RarePosts: 1,345
    cheyane said:
    Kumapon said:
    New gameplay stream of Amberfaet with CohhCarnage

    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/520622837
    Missed it I need a time machine apparently.

     Wait is this it



    Hmm weird, usually Twitch keeps it up for a week. Anyways thanks for the link. 

    Yes it's the right video. 
  • goldwheatgoldwheat Member UncommonPosts: 43
    If you're wondering why this might look familiar, 3 years ago in Dec 2016 they showed the same zone.
    ~1h54m30s in 2016 ("Shaman Gameplay..") is roughly the 7 minute mark in the Dec 2019 video.

  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 6,512
    goldwheat said:
    If you're wondering why this might look familiar, 3 years ago in Dec 2016 they showed the same zone.
    ~1h54m30s in 2016 ("Shaman Gameplay..") is roughly the 7 minute mark in the Dec 2019 video.

    Same test zone or not, they need to start putting the game together. 

    The game lacks total personality...... I'm sure it will but it's time to start showing it.  
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 13,322
    goldwheat said:
    If you're wondering why this might look familiar, 3 years ago in Dec 2016 they showed the same zone.
    ~1h54m30s in 2016 ("Shaman Gameplay..") is roughly the 7 minute mark in the Dec 2019 video.

    Same test zone or not, they need to start putting the game together. 

    The game lacks total personality...... I'm sure it will but it's time to start showing it.  
    Delete is cracking the whip again, work harder team, work harder! :)
    Dullahan

     25 Agrees

    You received 25 Agrees. You're posting some good content. Great!

    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

    Now Doesn't That Make You Feel All Warm And Fuzzy Inside? :P

  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 13,322
    edited December 2019
    Just had a quick read of the race blurb on the website, as I don't watch videos for something like this. The Archai need more work, compared to the others they make it look like lore is an afterthought. Nice ideas, but only about a quarter of the text given to others.

     25 Agrees

    You received 25 Agrees. You're posting some good content. Great!

    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

    Now Doesn't That Make You Feel All Warm And Fuzzy Inside? :P

  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 6,512
    Scot said:
    goldwheat said:
    If you're wondering why this might look familiar, 3 years ago in Dec 2016 they showed the same zone.
    ~1h54m30s in 2016 ("Shaman Gameplay..") is roughly the 7 minute mark in the Dec 2019 video.

    Same test zone or not, they need to start putting the game together. 

    The game lacks total personality...... I'm sure it will but it's time to start showing it.  
    Delete is cracking the whip again, work harder team, work harder! :)
    Well, not cracking the whip but you have to admit they should show some progress other than testing.
    Gdemami
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 36,357
    Scot said:
    goldwheat said:
    If you're wondering why this might look familiar, 3 years ago in Dec 2016 they showed the same zone.
    ~1h54m30s in 2016 ("Shaman Gameplay..") is roughly the 7 minute mark in the Dec 2019 video.

    Same test zone or not, they need to start putting the game together. 

    The game lacks total personality...... I'm sure it will but it's time to start showing it.  
    Delete is cracking the whip again, work harder team, work harder! :)
    Well, not cracking the whip but you have to admit they should show some progress other than testing.
    For what it's worth, there are people regularly asking for the same on the official forums which are never directly addressed by the developers and on several occasions I saw moderators had quickly shut them down.

    There's the typical white knighting, long time "fairhful" who decry the newcomers and upstarts who dare to challenge the vision or try to hold the devs accountable to anything.

    My guess is dont expect to see much of what you are looking for any time soon, the game just isnt there yet.


    Scot

    "See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

    "I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

    Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing FO76 at the moment.

    Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

    Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon






  • KumaponKumapon Member RarePosts: 1,345
    Last nights Christmas Stream. This time it's with devs and Joppa answering Q@A. 


    ArteriusAmathe
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 6,512
    Kumapon said:
    Last nights Christmas Stream. This time it's with devs and Joppa answering Q@A. 


    The testing videos are really starting to turn me off.  It's going on for three years now with no meaningful substance.  Even the Q and A is same old same old.

    Again I ask, what is this game all about ?
    GdemamiMikeha
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 1,907
    Kumapon said:
    Last nights Christmas Stream. This time it's with devs and Joppa answering Q@A. 


    The testing videos are really starting to turn me off.  It's going on for three years now with no meaningful substance.  Even the Q and A is same old same old.

    Again I ask, what is this game all about ?
    The gameplay they keep showing is probably 90% of how the finished product will be. They weren't ever going to add any crazy new mechanics to the genre. Probably just taking a while to build out the zones etc. 3D modeling/textures isn't a quick process and I don't think they have many people doing it on the team. 2022 beta probably?
    Mikeha
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,133
    Kumapon said:
    Last nights Christmas Stream. This time it's with devs and Joppa answering Q@A. 


    The testing videos are really starting to turn me off.  It's going on for three years now with no meaningful substance.  Even the Q and A is same old same old.

    Again I ask, what is this game all about ?

    And this is supposed to be the most anticipated mmo?  :*
    blueturtle13
  • KumaponKumapon Member RarePosts: 1,345
    Jan 16th video. In it the devs talked about the new spell book UI. Farthale being split up into smaller zones, and some Q@A. 




    Amathe
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 36,357
    Kumapon said:
    Jan 16th video. In it the devs talked about the new spell book UI. Farthale being split up into smaller zones, and some Q@A. 




    How much time is spent showing actual gameplay? Or is it the usual blah speak and some static artwork or models?

    "See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

    "I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

    Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing FO76 at the moment.

    Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

    Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon






  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 36,357
    DMKano said:
    Kumapon said:
    Last nights Christmas Stream. This time it's with devs and Joppa answering Q@A. 


    The testing videos are really starting to turn me off.  It's going on for three years now with no meaningful substance.  Even the Q and A is same old same old.

    Again I ask, what is this game all about ?

    Coming from someone who has so many posts about Panthen - this is nothing short of trolling 

    What is it about?

     EQ1 circa 1999-2002 - which you never played to actually truly grasp what it is all about from a 1st hand experience 

    That is what the game is all about- that is what Pantheon is trying to recreate.

    Group centric community based mmorpg from the days of old - that is the idea, whether they succeed at pulling this off is an entirely different discussion. 

    But what the vision for Pantheon is - that is very well known 
    I'm pretty sure he knows what the vision is, what he's seeking is videos which showcase exactly how they decided to realize it.

    Their videos to date have been mostly all talk, the natives are getting restless.


    Mendel

    "See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

    "I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

    Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing FO76 at the moment.

    Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

    Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon






  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 28,617
    edited January 21
    goldwheat said:
    If you're wondering why this might look familiar, 3 years ago in Dec 2016 they showed the same zone.
    ~1h54m30s in 2016 ("Shaman Gameplay..") is roughly the 7 minute mark in the Dec 2019 video.

    Same test zone or not, they need to start putting the game together. 

    The game lacks total personality...... I'm sure it will but it's time to start showing it.  

    Your just bitter. Oh, I thought you were walking away?
    B)
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 28,617
    Kyleran said:
    DMKano said:
    Kumapon said:
    Last nights Christmas Stream. This time it's with devs and Joppa answering Q@A. 


    The testing videos are really starting to turn me off.  It's going on for three years now with no meaningful substance.  Even the Q and A is same old same old.

    Again I ask, what is this game all about ?

    Coming from someone who has so many posts about Panthen - this is nothing short of trolling 

    What is it about?

     EQ1 circa 1999-2002 - which you never played to actually truly grasp what it is all about from a 1st hand experience 

    That is what the game is all about- that is what Pantheon is trying to recreate.

    Group centric community based mmorpg from the days of old - that is the idea, whether they succeed at pulling this off is an entirely different discussion. 

    But what the vision for Pantheon is - that is very well known 
    I'm pretty sure he knows what the vision is, what he's seeking is videos which showcase exactly how they decided to realize it.

    Their videos to date have been mostly all talk, the natives are getting restless.



    Nah, Kano is right.

    He has never played an "old school" game to level as far as I can tell (he refuses to answer that same question I've mentioned to him numerous times) he is upset that the project isn't progressing at a speed that he would like, and he is generally obsessive, waffling back and forth on how he feels.

    I think he's looking to Pantheon to fill some need and since it's not being filled he can't sit still.

    Not saying that some people might not be happy, but look, Camelot Unchained is also a long time coming.

    I suspect this says more about indy mmorpg development in recent years than anything else.
    svann
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 1,907
    Sovrath said:
    Kyleran said:
    DMKano said:
    Kumapon said:
    Last nights Christmas Stream. This time it's with devs and Joppa answering Q@A. 


    The testing videos are really starting to turn me off.  It's going on for three years now with no meaningful substance.  Even the Q and A is same old same old.

    Again I ask, what is this game all about ?

    Coming from someone who has so many posts about Panthen - this is nothing short of trolling 

    What is it about?

     EQ1 circa 1999-2002 - which you never played to actually truly grasp what it is all about from a 1st hand experience 

    That is what the game is all about- that is what Pantheon is trying to recreate.

    Group centric community based mmorpg from the days of old - that is the idea, whether they succeed at pulling this off is an entirely different discussion. 

    But what the vision for Pantheon is - that is very well known 
    I'm pretty sure he knows what the vision is, what he's seeking is videos which showcase exactly how they decided to realize it.

    Their videos to date have been mostly all talk, the natives are getting restless.



    Nah, Kano is right.

    He has never played an "old school" game to level as far as I can tell (he refuses to answer that same question I've mentioned to him numerous times) he is upset that the project isn't progressing at a speed that he would like, and he is generally obsessive, waffling back and forth on how he feels.

    I think he's looking to Pantheon to fill some need and since it's not being filled he can't sit still.

    Not saying that some people might not be happy, but look, Camelot Unchained is also a long time coming.

    I suspect this says more about indy mmorpg development in recent years than anything else.
    Always gotta keep in mind that MMORPGs fill a a lot of different voids for different people, so when they don't have one they lack whichever feeling they derive from such games. For some its social and for some its a feeling of accomplishment/progression they aren't able to find in reality. Most of us can relate to sourcing either/both from a game at some point in our lives. I know I can.
    MendelSovrathAmathe
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 28,617
    Utinni said:
    Sovrath said:
    Kyleran said:
    DMKano said:
    Kumapon said:
    Last nights Christmas Stream. This time it's with devs and Joppa answering Q@A. 


    The testing videos are really starting to turn me off.  It's going on for three years now with no meaningful substance.  Even the Q and A is same old same old.

    Again I ask, what is this game all about ?

    Coming from someone who has so many posts about Panthen - this is nothing short of trolling 

    What is it about?

     EQ1 circa 1999-2002 - which you never played to actually truly grasp what it is all about from a 1st hand experience 

    That is what the game is all about- that is what Pantheon is trying to recreate.

    Group centric community based mmorpg from the days of old - that is the idea, whether they succeed at pulling this off is an entirely different discussion. 

    But what the vision for Pantheon is - that is very well known 
    I'm pretty sure he knows what the vision is, what he's seeking is videos which showcase exactly how they decided to realize it.

    Their videos to date have been mostly all talk, the natives are getting restless.



    Nah, Kano is right.

    He has never played an "old school" game to level as far as I can tell (he refuses to answer that same question I've mentioned to him numerous times) he is upset that the project isn't progressing at a speed that he would like, and he is generally obsessive, waffling back and forth on how he feels.

    I think he's looking to Pantheon to fill some need and since it's not being filled he can't sit still.

    Not saying that some people might not be happy, but look, Camelot Unchained is also a long time coming.

    I suspect this says more about indy mmorpg development in recent years than anything else.
    Always gotta keep in mind that MMORPGs fill a a lot of different voids for different people, so when they don't have one they lack whichever feeling they derive from such games. For some its social and for some its a feeling of accomplishment/progression they aren't able to find in reality. Most of us can relate to sourcing either/both from a game at some point in our lives. I know I can.
    Yeah but there's a difference between missing something that you used to have in your life and an obsessive "filling the void" which should probably be filled by something else. 

    Sort of looking externally for something missing within.
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,380
    Honestly, just stopping by to throw a pixelated rock at the game or the company every few days, when other posters try to share things they find, seems unproductive and attention seeking.

    EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

  • KumaponKumapon Member RarePosts: 1,345
    Kyleran said:
    Kumapon said:
    Jan 16th video. In it the devs talked about the new spell book UI. Farthale being split up into smaller zones, and some Q@A. 




    How much time is spent showing actual gameplay? Or is it the usual blah speak and some static artwork or models?
    Just before Christmas, on Dec. 23rd, they showed off actual gameplay for 2 hours.  




    Kyleran
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 6,512
    Kumapon said:
    Jan 16th video. In it the devs talked about the new spell book UI. Farthale being split up into smaller zones, and some Q@A. 




    Without having to watch people talk for 41 minuets,  What do they mean by splitting up into smaller zones ? 

    I was hoping for larger zones.... I hope this isn't an instanced or lobby game.  Modern WoW turned into that for a while and they had to change it back, people were lobbying in Stormwind.

    After all my rhetoric, I was expecting a good game eventually.  But things are really concerning me lately.   
  • KumaponKumapon Member RarePosts: 1,345
    edited January 23
    Kumapon said:
    Jan 16th video. In it the devs talked about the new spell book UI. Farthale being split up into smaller zones, and some Q@A. 




    Without having to watch people talk for 41 minuets,  What do they mean by splitting up into smaller zones ? 

    I was hoping for larger zones.... I hope this isn't an instanced or lobby game.  Modern WoW turned into that for a while and they had to change it back, people were lobbying in Stormwind.

    After all my rhetoric, I was expecting a good game eventually.  But things are really concerning me lately.   





    Reading and watching the videos, Pantheon is going to be broken up by zones. It's a open world with no instances, but it won't be seamless. 

    It's like how EQ is done. When you travel from zone to zone, you get a loading screen. 

    I talked to Brad about this, and he told me since it wasn't designed from the beginning that way, it's not really a possibility now. They'd have to re-engineer it from the ground up, if Pantheon wanted a seamless world. 


    As for the zones themselves, they are suppose to be bigger than WOW zones. 
  • KumaponKumapon Member RarePosts: 1,345
    As for Farthale being broken up. This is just my guess, but I think they are having some problems. 

    Farthale will be "Old Wood" to the south, "The Murk" to the North, The City itself will have it's own zone, and another zone to the west. 
    Amathe
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 36,357
    Kumapon said:
    As for Farthale being broken up. This is just my guess, but I think they are having some problems. 

    Farthale will be "Old Wood" to the south, "The Murk" to the North, The City itself will have it's own zone, and another zone to the west. 
    Hrmm, I hope this doesn't end up how how Age of Conan was designed, with small zones all over the place.



    KumaponTimukas

    "See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

    "I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

    Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing FO76 at the moment.

    Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

    Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon






  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 36,357
    Kumapon said:
    Jan 16th video. In it the devs talked about the new spell book UI. Farthale being split up into smaller zones, and some Q@A. 




    Without having to watch people talk for 41 minuets,  What do they mean by splitting up into smaller zones ? 

    I was hoping for larger zones.... I hope this isn't an instanced or lobby game.  Modern WoW turned into that for a while and they had to change it back, people were lobbying in Stormwind.

    After all my rhetoric, I was expecting a good game eventually.  But things are really concerning me lately.   
    Err, you know, "true fans" of a game are sort of obligated to watch every video to their excruciatingly end.

    Only we who loosely follow the game get to skip all that and request others do the work for us.

    Stay in your lane sir.

    ;)
    SovrathKumaponAmatheOG_Zorvan

    "See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

    "I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

    Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing FO76 at the moment.

    Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

    Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon






Sign In or Register to comment.