Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is Greedfall any good?

IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 13,150
I've been on the fence about this one.

I'm in the mood for a lengthy, RPGish, Action Adventure game.

Opinions?
“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
― CD PROJEKT RED
Torval

Comments

  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,562
    Yes, but expect Spiders jank. ;)
    IselinalkarionlogTorvalelveone

    Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

    My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 13,150
    Yes, but expect Spiders jank. ;)
    Hey Bill nice to see you lurking here :)

    Yeah, Spiders... that's the main reason I've been on the fence and didn't just go for it. I see they released their first patch recently. Have you played since then?
    Torval
    “Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 2,938
    spider jank?.......

    well to keep this simple, its was pretty bug free most of time, have less bugs then technomancer have now, but the way you develop the chars is almost the same. the story have some holes who are not explained, but all in all its a nice game, not expect much time on it I belive I did finish the game in 20 hours or so doing almost everything.

    combat is not that hard, just remember to parry and dodge, and yes you can parry even shots

    I would say wait for a sale or something, but its not a bad game, not that great too




    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 19,884
    I'm following it but waiting until I hear more. The game doesn't seem overpriced for a release ($50), but it already has DLC (some gear for $3) which sends up huge warning flags for me. RDR2 is also coming down the pipe which adds a little incentive to wait as both are gritty RPGs.

    Pine [https://store.steampowered.com/app/1042780/Pine/] is another one I'm following. It's more stylized and a lot less gritty on the surface. It has its own set of issues though, like Greedfall, but similarly looks promising.

    Basically both games are a wait and see. I'm hoping to some feedback in  https://www.reddit.com/r/patientgamers/, but both releases are pretty new and it's probably too soon.

    If you decide to get, it post your feedback.
    Fedora - A modern, free, and open source Operating System. https://getfedora.org/

    traveller, interloper, anomaly, iteration


  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 2,938
    Torval said:
    I'm following it but waiting until I hear more. The game doesn't seem overpriced for a release ($50), but it already has DLC (some gear for $3) which sends up huge warning flags for me. RDR2 is also coming down the pipe which adds a little incentive to wait as both are gritty RPGs.

    Pine [https://store.steampowered.com/app/1042780/Pine/] is another one I'm following. It's more stylized and a lot less gritty on the surface. It has its own set of issues though, like Greedfall, but similarly looks promising.

    Basically both games are a wait and see. I'm hoping to some feedback in  https://www.reddit.com/r/patientgamers/, but both releases are pretty new and it's probably too soon.

    If you decide to get, it post your feedback.
    not really gritty, red dead is a free world, greedfall is not, you simple walk the maps, not much exploration, and most path who use vigor are just short cuts, you tend to ignore because you want to see the loot its there in the long path


    from what I saw from this pine its a mix of survival with my time in portia

    Torval
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 4,995
    My dad's been enjoying it. It's certainly a better Dragon Age than the last couple entries have been, jank and all.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 27,485
    edited October 23
    Iselin said:
    I've been on the fence about this one.

    I'm in the mood for a lengthy, RPGish, Action Adventure game.

    Opinions?
    I tend to like this guy's reviews ...


    Iselin



  • LobotomistLobotomist Member RarePosts: 5,826
    Its very good. One of betterRPGs to come out in long time. Mechanically it reminds me of KOTOR
    Iselinalkarionlog



  • NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,456
    What is spider jank?
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 13,150
    edited October 23
    NorseGod said:
    What is spider jank?
    Spiders is known for games that are very rough around the edges... think Witcher 1 at release.

    Although most reviewers are saying that has improved a ton with this, their latest release.

    jank :

    (computing, slang, rare) Perceptible pause in the smooth rendering of a software application's user interface due to slow operations or poor interface design. 

    “Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED
  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 19,884
    I'm playing through Mars: War Logs and it's decent, but definitely has some jank as it tends to lock up or crash after around 90 minutes of game play. MWL is strongly linear but the story is alright. The dialog and character development is campy and trope ridden like most games of this type. The combat is alright. It's a hybrid blend of hard-lock tab-target and action combat with active dodge and blocking.

    Does anyone know if Greedfall is similar in design? I'd pick it up if so, but not until it's on sale.
    Fedora - A modern, free, and open source Operating System. https://getfedora.org/

    traveller, interloper, anomaly, iteration


  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Torval said:
    I'm playing through Mars: War Logs and it's decent, but definitely has some jank as it tends to lock up or crash after around 90 minutes of game play. MWL is strongly linear but the story is alright. The dialog and character development is campy and trope ridden like most games of this type. The combat is alright. It's a hybrid blend of hard-lock tab-target and action combat with active dodge and blocking.

    Does anyone know if Greedfall is similar in design? I'd pick it up if so, but not until it's on sale.
    Greedfall is better than Mars: War Logs. Technomancer is the sequel to that though so you should probably check that out first if you haven't. Greedfall is like a better Techomancer and Technomancer is like a better Mars: War Logs.

    I still like Technomancer the most because of the sci-fi/dune kind of theme.
    alkarionlog
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
Sign In or Register to comment.