Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Skryim mods question

ArteriusArterius Member EpicPosts: 2,059
So, other from Morrowwind and Fallout 76 I have never played a Bethesda Game Studious game. This hit me yesterday when I was looking up a list of their games. So I bought Skyrim today and have been installing mods as I actually decided to get this game on PC (as a heard mods make this game). 

These are the mods I currently have installed.

Vivid Weathers
Immersive Citizens
Alternate Start
Open Cities Skyrim
Point the Way
Skyrim Immersive Creatures
SkyUI
The Forgotten City
ApachiiSkyHair
Falskaar
Achievmentsmodsenabler
Enhanced Blood Textures
Legacy of the Dragonborn
A Quality World Map
Beyond Skyrim Bruma
Race Menu
KS Hairdo's
Helgen Reborn
Beast Skeletons
SkyHUD
Unoffical Skyrim Patch

Any other mods people recommend? 

Comments

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 5,519
    You got the important ones, for me: Unofficial Skyrim Patch (USP) and SkyUI. Have you installed the Mod Manager, too?

Also, Skyrim Script Extender (SKSE) is highly recommended. Many mods are based off of that.

The rest is user desires :)
    Torval

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

(And now Burger King has MEATLESS burgers!)

• VrikaVrika Member EpicPosts: 5,858
    edited November 6
    The mods depend on what you want.

I'd recommend playing Skyrim without too many mods first and then adding more based on what you want: More content? A rebalance for something? Survival mechanisms? Just play the game a bit first, and then look at the mod list deciding what kind of stuff you want.

Also I'd recommend using the Alternate Start mod that you have only once you've run through the official start at least once. The Alternate Start is a way to skip the tutorial. It's great for subsequent characters, but not a good idea for your first character.
    SovrathTorvalArteriusAlBQuirky

• pinealpineal Member UncommonPosts: 14
    CBBE
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 27,349
    edited November 6
    Vrika said:
    The mods depend on what you want.

I'd recommend playing Skyrim without too many mods first and then adding more based on what you want: More content? A rebalance for something? Survival mechanisms? Just play the game a bit first, and then look at the mod list deciding what kind of stuff you want.

Also I'd recommend using the Alternate Start mod that you have only once you've run through the official start at least once. The Alternate Start is a way to skip the tutorial. It's great for subsequent characters, but not a good idea for your first character.
    I agree with this.

I'm usually more interested in new areas/adventures/dungeons as well as new armor and weapons.

I highly suggest

Darkend

Vigilant

And the voiced component. Check the mod page for the link.

Also

Immersive Dragons
    Immersive Patrols
    Immersive College NPC's and Zim's immersive artifacts
    Diverse Skyrim
    Inigo (great companion)
    Simply Bigger Trees (this is now a must for me)
    Simply Stronger Dragons
    Auriel's Weaponry (I use the lite version)

And, the fates willing by January, my mod! B)
    TorvalArterius

• ArteriusArterius Member EpicPosts: 2,059
    Thanks for the replies. I am a few hours into Skyrim as I have been busy playing Outer Worlds.
  • lotrlorelotrlore Managing EditorMMORPG.COM Staff UncommonPosts: 120
    Arterius said:
    Thanks for the replies. I am a few hours into Skyrim as I have been busy playing Outer Worlds.
    Gonna second the Alternative Start one. It's so nice if you go back to play a new character to not have to go through that Dragon sequence again and again.

Also, some of the player made expansions are worth checking out - Moonpath to Elsweyr iirc is supposed to be pretty good.

Also, SkyUI should be installed on every PC playing Skyrim. 
  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 19,794
    edited November 6
    I'm playing through SSE with no mods to complete achievements. After that I'll look into mods.

It's been a while since I played the old version, but I liked the housing and companion mods the most at the time. I'd rather play completely new content that isn't Elder Scrolls lore related at all to be honest. I like ES lore and all, but I prefer other settings.

Fedora - A modern, free, and open source Operating System. https://getfedora.org/

traveller, interloper, anomaly, iteration

• skeaserskeaser Member UncommonPosts: 3,986
    Once you've gotten bored with Skyrim in a year or two install Enderal

It's a mod (free ofc) that is a complete standalone game using the Skyrim engine.
    Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.