Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Surviving the Borderlands 3 Nerfpocalypse - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited October 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageSurviving the Borderlands 3 Nerfpocalypse - MMORPG.com

The latest BL3 hotfix deployed yesterday and boy was it a doozy. The Nerfpocalypse, as I call it, is definitely real, but there are tons of new opportunities for fun (or even OP) builds to come out of the new update.

Read the full story here

Comments

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979
    edited October 2019
    I quite enjoyed Borderlands 3, until I got to "end game" and pretty much immediately roflstomped mayhem 3 or whatever the "hardest" mode was with a group of friends.

And why? For a small chance at a decent legendary gun that may be better than the ones I was using? The game is asking for the same loot chase as a Diablo or Destiny but with none of the payout. Now all I read about are nerfs and other "balance" tweaks taking away a lot of the fun. It's a PVE game, don't nerf fun guns - make harder, more enjoyable and/or repeatable content! Seriously it's massive head scratching stupidity.
    SaltyDog79Nepheth
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    MikeB
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • boris20boris20 Member RarePosts: 404
    Seems endgame is a tough one to juggle. People want harder, but do not like that the gear that drops is not always the gear they are after. Perhaps with some time and feedback, the Devs can find a nice happy medium between grind and acquiring the best end game loot. For me, id be happy to have a good 3-4 weeks of a few hours each evening taking on the end game stuff to get all my goodies. Then maybe a few weeks of downtime, waiting for the next content patch or boss to arrive. Have to be realistic, game companies cant pump up content quick enough for the die hards no matter how hard they try, so there does need to be some grind to keep player busy. But how much is just too much, really depends on the player and how much they no life the game. 
  • MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

LOL. I know, right?
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    All this nerfing and balancing is exactly what I never wanted to see in the Borderlands franchise. It just sucks all the fun out of it. I've stopped playing until they stop messing with it. There's no point farming for your loot and building an awesome character if they are likely to destroy it at any time.
    SaltyDog79mastergravy
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265
    currently 26 lvl beastmaster. got hard time see enemies with all flashing effects and pet blocking view.
    what level u start get interesting guns? so far all guns been boring. expected to see some homing missile guns or laser weapons.
  • MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    Arskaaa said:
    currently 26 lvl beastmaster. got hard time see enemies with all flashing effects and pet blocking view.
    what level u start get interesting guns? so far all guns been boring. expected to see some homing missile guns or laser weapons.
    There are plenty of pretty insane guns/items. Lasers not so much, but all Atlas weapons are capable of homing using the tracking secondary fire.
    ArskaaaSiphaed
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    I believe at level 27 you get your first ill tempered sea bass.

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• crankkedcrankked Member UncommonPosts: 284

Amathe said:

I believe at level 27 you get your first ill tempered sea bass.

This made me LOL so hard. Austin Powers has so many funny moments......my god what great movies those were.

As for BL3, I haven't gotten to end game yet as I am slowly leveling at my casual leisure, but I don't see the point in all these nerfs. It's just going to drive players away.
  • HunctucavetoHunctucaveto Member UncommonPosts: 20
    Seems they are nerfing, oops excuse me fixing everything except for that gawd awful character Ava. Still waiting for Gearbox to admit the mistake and kill her off, hopefully in a spectacularly violent fashion.
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    aaaah yes. all the kids complaining about "no steam no buy".... you bought it, right?

thx for the beta testing *G* let's see what state this game is in next year, hehe
    Psym0n

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114

Arskaaa said:

The cheeseburger bazooka is from a quest on Promethia at around the level you are. There's also some really cool boss guns if you explore.

• crankkedcrankked Member UncommonPosts: 284

Thane said:

aaaah yes. all the kids complaining about "no steam no buy".... you bought it, right?

thx for the beta testing *G* let's see what state this game is in next year, hehe

Never once complained about it. I'm totally fine with Epic. Only thing that is annoying is my lunatic friends who hate on Epic so I have no one to play with.